“Good overnight hotel closse to the airport”

Quality Hotel Airport South
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Alberta
“Good overnight hotel closse to the airport”
Reviewed 18 September 2010

The room was better than we had anticipated an "overnight" hotel to be. The room was very clean. Pasrkign was free and was in a locked underground garage. Breakfast was included in the room rate. The only complaint that we had was not enough pillows.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Pinconning, Michigan
Reviewed 30 August 2010

The front desk service was very nice. The room was clean and comfortable. It was a surprisingly quiet area, so there weren't many distractions. There was an wireless internet connection, which was nice. It is also very close to the airport, which was useful since I arrived near midnight. The only negative is there is very limited parking, so make sure to ask that you are parked in the appropriate area and ask for a parking slip (which I was not charged for).

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Hong Kong
Reviewed 17 July 2010

great location where you can stroll the park behind the hotel, 10 mins walking to mall.
great service - everyone was so friendly and very helpful.
The price included breakfast, afternoon tea , free transportation to/from airport, free internet ( slow or disconnected at times though ), a great bargain!!!

Stayed for 2 weeks with 3-4 rooms and all agreed we had a great time staying there.
Colleen

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Lancashire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2010

First time in Vancouver and although it was only a short stay of one night I was really impressed with this hotel, great location in Richmond, we dont know the area well but it seemed a decent suburb of Vancouver, really smart and modern with plenty of places to eat and drink, with an Irish bar just accross the road (although we never went in).

Rooms were clean and despite being in a busy area there was no sound to be heard from outside, wouldnt hesitate to stop here again!

One downside to this hotel as already mentioned is the Security Deposit!!!!!

I booked with Expedia with a credit card, once I checked in I also was asked for $150 Security Deposit, foolishly I used my credit card to make the deposit (If its possible I would recommend paying this in cash!) and was told it would be refunded when we checked out.
When we checked out the manager was at the desk and told us that the refund would be done that night (on a Saturday)

I dont know if my credit card company, the hotel's merchant bank were the card was swiped or a combination of both but I never got my refund till the Thursday 5 days after we checked out!!!!!

If allowed pay the deposit with cash not a credit card, as it would be a lot easier and quicker to get your money back once you leave.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
12 Thank lancashirescott
Canada
Reviewed 19 January 2010

When I checked into this hotel, the front person said they required a security deposit, which was news to me. This was not advertised at all. In all of my traveling experiences, I've never been asked for a security deposit.. so I asked why this was necessary and the front person was curt and rude, as if I was being demanding, as if he did not have to take my business. I've never been talked to like that in all of my traveling experiences.

The room was small but adequately clean. I stay in Richmond quite often on my trips to Vancouver and I tried Quality Hotel that time, but never again. There are so many nicer, friendlier hotels in the area that you don't need to stay at a hotel where they obviously have so many customers that they can afford to be rude whenever someone has questions about their policy.

The fact that they are taking a security deposit makes me wonder what kind of people they are expecting in their hotel...

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank ninnaaa
QualityBC, Manager at Quality Hotel Airport South, responded to this review, 29 January 2010
I apologize that you were caught off guard by our security deposit and I will speak with Choice Hotels to make the notification more obvious. However, we only obtain a deposit from guests that do not book with a credit card. You can understand that should you make long distance charges or charge any amenities to the room, that there needs to be a method of payment for those items. I respect and appreciate your response.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 January 2010

I made the mistake of associating myself with this place, and greatly regretted it. The conditions of the room were sub-par - smelly, unclean, not what you'd like from a hotel that costs almost $100 a night. The worst part was dealing with the manager, Nick - he was the cheapest, rudest human being on earth, who kept charging me for things I didn't use, and when I tried to dispute, blew up in my face. He SHOULD NOT be in the hospitality industry.

If you are wanting to stay here because of the location, then try opting for the other places right next door, like the Ramada - or try going to Travelodge or Comfort Inn, they are cheaper and better.

A truly AWFUL experience.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
5 Thank Sayoonara
pennsylavania
Reviewed 15 October 2009

First the con's-it is 50's style furniture, table/desk. There is a big box TV on table which takes up most of the table. No dresser, no way to unpack. I set up an ironing board to hold my suitcase open for the 3 nights we were there. The room is very plain, small. If anyone is sitting at the table/desk, you are unable to get around the bed. One other very tiny chair in room. There was a big square white refrig on top of a 2 shelf table. Half the bathroom vanity is taken up with a tray, coffe pot etc. leaving little vanity space. No micro.
Breakfast was very basic. Hard boiled eggs, toast, and toaster type waffles. Area very small so in the busy time, it will be a problem. You are not permitted to bring food back to your room.
The Pro's....great location, with good transportation and shopping. You would never believe you are staying at an airport hotel. If you go down to the London Drug store, you can get an all day pass for the bus system and the sky train. The buss stops right in front of the hotel. You can take it to the mall, a 10 min. walk, or to the sky train, a 15 min. walk. I think we paid senior price $7.00 so maybe it would be $9.00 for others. Across the street you can catch the bus down to the Fishing Villiage which was a delightful stop.
The Sky Train is brand new, and this is the end of the line. You can take it all the way into Vancouver and all the stops inbetween. A wonderful way to see the city. It even stops right in front of the Cassino. Right across the street is an Irish Pub called Foggy Dew. We had a terrific Cheeseburger w/ french fry's for $9.00 Can. money. It was extremely good for the money. Now I am sure they will raise price's for the 2010 Olympic's! But all in all, I would stay here again for the convience. The Mall is huge. We did not shop there except to pick of soft drinks. But it looked like a nice place to spend an evening. We left here for Whistler, and then came back to the Hampton Inn for our last night before our flight. We had to stay at the Hampton due to the fact we needed to leave for the airport at 4:30 am. They had a shuttle at that time. What a waste of money. It cost us $150.00 for a room smaller and we never got the breakfast to go bag they promised us the night before. We were too worried about trying to get a cab since they were closing off the street where the Quality Hotel was, so we had to stay at the Hampton. There was nothing, nothing in the area. If you are going to be there for any lenght of time, stay closer to the sky train. Marriot is there and I think Hilton. Raddison also is right next door.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple