“Had to come back again for more!”

Deer Garden Signatures
Ranked #121 of 936 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I came here twice within the week that I was visiting Vancouver. My cousin loves this restaurant and I fell in love with it too. You get to create your own noodle soup from the sheet of options that they give you. So you get to pick your own base, meat, type of noodles etc. The portion is also quite big which makes it quite affordable. I really wish they had a restaurant like this in my country.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband is a very picky on foods. I believe in him whenever he went and tried foods from restaurants. He brought me to Deer Garden in Fraser and 47 avenue in Vancouver. Since then,i've been recommending the restaurant to others or i come with my friends. Its always lots of people in line especially meal times. Love the flavour of the soup.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

The staff speak Cantonese. When we walked in, I unknowingly asked for a booth, speaking in Mandarin Chinese. Mildly speaking, our request did not go over well with the waitress. When we heard her speaking Cantonese to another waitress, we used Cantonese to ask for a booth and got it.

The noodles were excellent. After switching to Cantonese from Mandarin, we got pretty good service too.

The other articles at Tripadvisor about this restaurant were very helpful in choosing our noodle ingredients for the build-you-own noodle dishes we ordered. Thankyou, Tripadvisor authors.

Reviewed 23 December 2012 via mobile

This restaurant is good for fish soup noodle and they nail it. I was expecting a long line but it wasn't. The price is great and food serves fast. The fish soup combination varies per your preference and the side dish is fair. I will definitely go back.

Reviewed 8 November 2012

Deer Garden has been so successful that it has now opened up a new Vancouver location. The Richmond store, the original, is among the first restaurants to offer a "choose your own combo" noodle menu, and it is of great quality.

The choose your own combo noodle menu allows you to choose different types of soup base, the type of noodle, and the types of meat/meat substitutes you can place in your soup-based noodles. The quality of the noodles vary depending on the type you order and your personal preference - my wife loves the fish soup, while I almost always choose one of the spicy soup base.

The line-up at Deer Garden is usually long, but service is fast enough that you would usually be able to sit down to enjoy your meal in less than half an hour's time.

Parking is a big concern as the parking lot is small and tight, and many of the parking stalls are restricted, some for shops and restaurants that no one goes to, but you still can't park there. Management of the complex should consider changing that.

One pleasant bonus is that you can order a specialty Taiwanese drink for a fraction of the cost.

Overall, Deer Garden is a good place for a decent meal.