River Rock Casino Resort
Hotels.com
US$288
US$233
  • Restaurant
Days Inn - Vancouver Airport(Richmond)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$138
US$129
Agoda.com
1,647 results
All reviewsslot machinesnespresso machinecurve bareast towerfood courtdowntown vancouvermarina viewone bedroom suitecanada linenight marketbreakfast buffetthe penthouseriver rock casinoflight pathskytrain stationclose to the airportfree parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 May 2012

All of the staff was exceptionally pleasant and helpful. From the valet, to concierge to the chefs and staff at the restaurant - I was always greeted with a smile and with excellent service. The rooms were clean and comfortable, particularly the beds and pillows. I appreciated their attention to their environmental impact by having the room-key power-on feature that turns off the power to the room when the room key is not present. They also did not take an launder my "to be re-used" towels on the rack as it seems most environmentally concious hotels do.
I would recommend the Hotel and the Casino Resort as a wonderful place to enjoy a vacation or a business trip.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Having just returned from the River Rock, I must say that it is a wonderful well run establishment.
The staff are helpful, the rooms beautiful and great service throughout.
They really looked after me!!

Room Tip: the marina view rooms are great!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Roland M, General Manager at River Rock Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Dear BrendaH154945,

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your experience with us here at the River Rock! Our Marina view rooms are defintely a highlight of the property as there is so much activity happening there.

We appreciate your patronage and hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 26 April 2012

We arrived for the local ACBL bridge tournament. Staying on site was the best option, which usually spells compromise in so many ways, particularly if attached to a casino. We were more than pleasantly surprised. Parking was very easy; the Sky Train incredibly convenient; the hotel itself very modern and clean; the staff eager to accomodate; and -- get this-- no smoking in the hotel or the casino!! And with meals compressed between tournament sessions, we had to eat in the 'food court', but found the Chinese options (noodle soup and BBQ duck rice bowl) the best 'fast food' we've eaten in a long time. In the lounge, their options were very tasty and reasonably priced. We had a great time, and would recommend it for folks who enjoy gambling, or want low cost and easy access to downtown via Sky Train.

Room Tip: If you are unhappy, say so! The concierge bent over backwards for us.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Roland M, General Manager at River Rock Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Dear Arrowflight,

Thank you so much for you kind review, it means the world to us that you enjoyed your experience! I will pass on your comments to our noodle bar. We try to make it as authentic as possible and they will love to hear how much you enjoyed it.
The ACBL tournament was so much fun and we hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I will start by stating that the staff at the hotel are terrific and I have nothing but good to say about them but I hated the hotel. I am not a gambler and I loathe casinos but we were there for a conference. Our room was attractive with a wonderful bed.The bathroom had lots of nice towels and great shampoo etc but a faulty toilet. The toilet flooded twice!!!!! I had to call a man to unplug it(very embarrassing) The room was too hot and the windows did not open. There is no minibar but a fridge and a nice coffee maker. Because my husband was in conference all day I was looking forward to a spa day but the spa never answered the phone!!!!! When I finally got through I left a message. They did not call back. If you do not gamble there is nothing to do... There is no shopping. I do not enjoy Vegas much either but the hotels all have great stores. This place did not.The Curve Lounge was nice with good service but I think $ 15.00 for a glass of wine is too steep. I will never go back to The River Rock

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank Kate C
Roland M, General Manager at River Rock Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Dear Kate C,

Thank you for writing to us about your experience. I am happy to hear that our staff were helpful and terrific during your time with us.

I am sorry that you had issues with the toilet. Unfortunately if previous guests have caused clogging, all we can do it come and assist you to unclog it. I have forwarded on your comments to our spa manager who will be addressing this issue with their team. I am very sorry about your experience with them. Our Concierge would have also been more than happy to connect you with the Absolute Spa team as it is not acceptable that they were not answering or connecting with you.
The Canada Line rapid transit brings you right downtown to all the shopping districts within 18 minutes or to the Richmond mall in 5 minutes. I know we do not have a shopping Mall but those are great options and the Concierge is more than happy to give you maps and directions so you can enjoy your time with us.
I appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

Recently enjoyed a nice two day stay at this hotel near Vancouver airport while attending a conference at the River Rock casino/conference centre. I was pleasantly surprised that this hotel is so sound proof that I didn't hear any noise from the nearby YVR airport (despite some flights overhead) or the local public "Canada Line" rapid transit that quite literally comes to the hotel.

Rooms were spacious, comfortable and state of the art. For example...the lights go on in the room only when you insert your room "key" into a slot in the room. Large wall mounted flat screen TV was in place - great to watch Canucks hockey one night - but channels were mostly sports and business related it seemed. Amenities were good for the most part, the clock radio included a slot for iPod/iPhone to play your own music. What was lacking was useful info that one normally finds in a hotel. Only a local mag for Luxury shopping/life but nothing to provide a tourist with any helpful info. Maybe a purposeful strategy to keep people at the hotel/casino? I couldn't find a pen and paper or any info about room service. So I went to the icasino food fair for takeout to my toom. Not my first choice.... Maybe it was an oversight in my room only and the info was simply missing? One thing I didn't think much of was the coffee maker with its capsule coffee design. I tried to follow the picture only instructions but found that the coffee capsule just fell through the machine ....it must have been broken - so no morning coffee for me. I didn't bother to ask for assistance which would have come I am sure....but was frustrated and couldn't be bothered to complain at that time. It wasn't a big deal as my conference had early breakfast with coffee...but if I wasn't at the conference it would have been more frustrating.

The bathroom was modern and had a lit magnifying mirror...a real test of a thoughtful hotel in my books.. and the grapefruit scented amenities were great. Grab bars in bath and shower were nice ...but they were smooth without any grip so when I took hold my hand slipped. Not what I expected.

The resort in total was very nice, clean, with staff that were the genuine article in terms of providing hospitality.

I would definitely recommend the River Rock for a meeting or conference or a quick lay over when traveling via YVR. However, I am not sure it would be in my top places to stay if I was a visitor coming to see the city on a holiday. But perhaps if I was a gambler on holiday it would be ideal.

Room Tip: Try for a peek a boo view of the river and front of River Rock casino building..up high in the tower.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear Intheknow2,

Thank you for your kind review from your recent stay with us! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your conference and experience.
When you first check in, each guest recieves an information sheet regarding how to use all the amenities and information about the rooms. This ouitlines our TV based In-Suite service, Light information, Coffee machine instructions etc. I apologise if you did not receive this but any of our Front Desk/ Concierge staff would be happy to help you with any of your queries and provide you with the information youneed.

We hope to have you stay with us again soon.