“Awesome”

Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
kegs605
“Awesome”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed one night and wished we stayed 2 nights but had already reserved a room downtown. We loved this hotel, the service from the front desk was fantastic, there was a band playing in the casino very entertaining

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank kegs605
Roland M, General Manager at River Rock Casino Resort, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We hope you stay with us on your next visit to Vancouver!

Roland Monteiro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Started off with a warm welcoming smile. The staff Kevin was very helpful in helping us to arrange a 3-day itenery. It was raining for the first two days, and he gave us sincere suggestions of where to go and what to.do. He even checked the weather forecast for us and suggested us to go to peak 2 peak on the only sunny day during our stay.
Kevin listened to our expectation patiently and assisted us according to our needs. He even handed over our needs to other staff who works the morning shift, so that we didnt need to repeat ourselves when ask for help.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your outstanding feedback! I will forward your comments to Kevin's supervisor team as well as submit a nomination into our employee recognition program and the Vancouver Tourism Awards Program for his outstanding service. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return stay with us.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

To be clear there are two hotels at this location. The first is the River Rock Casino Resort and the other is the Hotel at River Rock, I stayed at the latter. The Hotel at River Rock is actually across the road from the casino building (which also has hotel rooms). Check in was efficient but it is on the casino side and you walk to the other, either outside or via tunnel / passage on the upper level. It's all fine.

The room I had overlooked the SkyTrain station (see pics that I'll attempt to upload). This might be a negative for some people as the train makes some noise when braking. I wasn't in my room all day so it didn't bother me and I never heard it at night so perhaps I went to sleep after it stopped running. On the one hand I'd say don't worry about it but if you were travelling on business and were required to be in the room most of the time this may disturb you – you could get a room on the other side.

The room is very nice! Very very modern. I'm not sure if this is a new hotel or everything has been redone? Anyway, the small lights on the headboards are a great idea. Great for couples with different sleep schedules. I didn't think that I'd ever figure out the thermostat but the room was at a comfortable temperature so perhaps I did. The room had a small fridge (love that), also a big closet with two robes (love that) and also a safe (yes!). It was a very nice room if you can forgive the view of the SkyTrain tracks but otherwise really nice and really modern. The shower is interesting. I actually had to call down to figure out how to work it. The faucet – yes, where the water comes out, has a ring around it – right where the water comes out --- pull down on that and the shower comes on. It is not obvious, I'm surprised they don't put a note in the bathroom advising of this. Also of note, each room has an electronic door ringer – I suppose this is because A. It seems cool and B. It may actually be a benefit in that it doesn't disturb neighbours.

The surrounding area is very Asian so if you like that you're in luck. If that's not your cup of tea then you're also in luck because the SkyTrain is right outside the door. Once you figure out the zones, fares, and multiple trains at some stops then you'll be set (visit the transit website).

The Casino is okay. If you're new then sign up for their players card and you'll get some free slot play. Otherwise it was a dud for me, I lost money. It's not like Vegas where you get free drinks.

So I'm giving this a 4 stars.....would've been 5 had I not had the issue with the shower or they placed instructions near the sink (lol...I'm serious). Also, I got this hotel room at a decent rate / comparable rate to others in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank 7tocs7
Roland M, General Manager at River Rock Casino Resort, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback.

We are so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the amenities in the room! We apologize that our Front Desk did not provide you with a welcome letter at the time of check-in. The letter would have given instructions on how to use the amenities in the room (i.e. shower faucet, safe, light switches, etc.).

For the future, there is also another check-in counter on the hotel side for your convenience. On your next stay, you could also select your preferred side and make a request at the time of booking to have your room overlooking the resort instead. We would be more than happy to honor that request for you!

We hope you stay with us on your next visit to Vancouver!

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The hotel was beautiful. Casino on site if that is what you like to do. Easy communte from Airport to hotel via the skytrain. The skytrain stopped right at the hotel. Rooms were extra clean and very well maintained. Beds were super comfortabe. I loved staying here. Tried the buffet a couple of nights. Food was fresh, well presented and very good. Lots to choose from so there is something for everyone. Pasta bar, salad bar, sushi bar, hot entres, certain nights seafood, roast beef & ham. Desserts were crazy good. So many to choose from. I would definitely stay here again if given the opportunity.Staff was attentive everywhere you went. Top of the line. Everyone made you feel important.

Room Tip: I was in the West wing in a suiteon the end and I loved it. The bedroom had bigh windows.It was beau...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Candyce H
Hi Candyce,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review! We are so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the delicious selection of food at The Buffet. I will be sure to let our culinary team know how much they are appreciated by our guests. We look forward to your next stay with us at River Rock!

British Columbia
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Stayed at the River Rock Hotel on our way to the Mayan Riviera.
Check in was friendly and fast. The hotel room was beautiful and the beds were so comfy! The linens and pillows were fabulous! We booked pedicures at the spa at the hotel. Because we stayed at the hotel our spa service was upgraded. The estheticians were excellent. We got a hot wax treatment and our make up done at no additional fee
We enjoyed a lovely breakfast buffet overlooking the river and left a little money behind at the casino.
This was a great way to start our vacation. I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014
Roland M, General Manager at River Rock Casino Resort, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your fantastic experience at River Rock on your way to the Mayan Riviera! We are pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us to kick off your holiday and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Mililani, Hawaii
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Our family stayed here in March, after spending a week snowboarding in Whistler. Everyone we encountered during our stay was extremely helpful, pleasant, and professional. Several staff members definitely left an impression on our family and went over and beyond our expectations in making our stay a memorable one. We stayed at The Hotel at River Rock and received nothing less than stellar service from the front desk, bellmen and concierge.
Additionally, I lost my wallet in the casino the first night we were there. The Casino Security team was very professional and genuinely concerned about me. They checked Lost and Found and although my wallet wasn't turned in, they diligently worked on reviewing camera footage to see if they could determine where it was lost. They told me to get some rest and that they would call me with any updates.
Later that morning my wife and I went back to casino security to check if the wallet was found. To my surprise and relief, the wallet was located and turned over to me. Later that day I received a call from Daniel. He explained that after reviewing the security footage, an individual was identified and would be banned from entering the casino. We truly appreciated the thoroughness of the security department.
Furthermore, dinner at Tramontos on our final night was quite an experience. They accommodated my family of six at a very late hour with no fuss at all. The waiter, Fuad, was so friendly and treated us like family. He made us feel like we were the only patrons in the restaurant. He was constantly at our table servicing our needs, informing us about local history, and even volunteered to take our pictures.
We have stayed at various casino resorts in Las Vegas, Reno, and all over the world, but we have never received the individualized attention as displayed at River Rock Casino Resort.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jaderince
Roland M, General Manager at River Rock Casino Resort, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at the River Rock Casino Resort and for taking the time and sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We are very pleased that you enjoyed the resort and all the interactions you had with the staff in the resort and the casino.

We are especially pleased that our In-House Security Team was able to track down your wallet and return it to you.

Your feedback has enabled us to nominate the employees that took part in the recovery for our internal employee recognition program.

Last but not least we would like to thank you for your very kind comments you made about Tramonto and especially Fuad. He has been with River Rock Casino Resort since Tramonto opened in August 2005. He receives positive feedback almost on a daily basis and is truly a excellent representation what the River Rock Experience is all about.

We are looking forward to your next visit to our beautiful resort!

Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a ringette tournament. We had the option of rooms in either the West tower on the casino side, or the new tower. We chose the new tower. Room was clean and modern, a little on the small side, but was ok for 2 adults and 1 child. Breakfast was great with lots of variety.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Roland M, General Manager at River Rock Casino Resort, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Hello,

Thank you for staying with us! We hope you enjoyed all the comforts at our property during your tournament. Thank you for the great feedback! We look forward to your return.