“tyke security:(”

River Rock Casino Resort
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Security guy in casino (Oleg Petra) was real cad and I felt like I am crossing illegaly border, when he raise his voice and ask for my ID. I tried to explain that we just checked in, in to the Penthouse suite, and if its any ways for him to check it through my room number,coz I forgot it in my room, but he looks like he didnt even listen to me. He made me go back to my room to get my ID, when I came back, he stare at me and asked: " Second piece?"
I went back to my room again... While my friends all stand inside, and nobody got ask for a second piece of ID. It was my Birthday, and of course all night was already ruined. Its not about what you ask, its all about HOW you ask!!!!! And I think people who bringing a lots of money in to the facility have to get at least welcome customer service, instead of be yelled by security guy. I felt realy disapointed, and I dont think I will go back any time soon, or even send my guests, as a concierge, to this property. People like him, ruining all hard work of other staff, because you most likely to remember cad security, than great bell service.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank satysfakcija
Roland M, General Manager at River Rock Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenient experience that was brought to you and will be reviewing your comments and concerns with our Security team.

As with any establishment particularly in the gaming industry, selling alcohol and/or tobacco products, it is protocol for staff to check the ID of anyone who appears to be under 30 years of age to prevent minors from entering. We do thank you for staying with us and hope to have the opportunity to make your next trip a memorable one.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

On my third trip to River Rock a friend and I stayed in the new hotel instead of the resort. It is just across the street and easily accessed by the enclosed overhead walkway (includes a moving sidewalk). We used the pool, had a wonderful dinner at the Tramonto restaurant (reserve so you get a window), went for lovely stroll after dinner along the boardwalk (very safe and well lit for women). We strolled through the casino but were just feeling too mellow after this quiet girls' getaway that we did not even gamble.

Room Tip: I found the air conditioning to be quite loud, but then I am a light sleeper. Bring ear plugs if you...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Roland M, General Manager at River Rock Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Hello Franklin,

Thank you for your great feedback! We are happy to hear you were able to enjoy the newly built hotel side on this visit. That's great you and the girls were also able to enjoy the beautiful view of the Fraser River during your dinner at the Tramonto and stroll along the boardwalk.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I am pleasantly surprised by the hotel. When I husband told me he booked a River Rock Hotel; I thought "what kind of hotel is that?" I honestly was not looking forward to it. When we arrived, I saw the casino across the hotel. I thought "oh no".

The lobby of the hotel was relatively small which I did not expect. However, all the staffs whom I talked with were friendly and warm. The hotel is very modern and new technology. We had a king bed room. The room was not very big but of an average size. There's a big closet and robes for us. The price of the room was good.

Very nice and will come back for sure.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Hongkongee
Roland M, General Manager at River Rock Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We are so pleased that you and your husband had a wonderful stay with us! I am happy to hear you enjoyed the robes provided for our guests. We thank you for choosing River Rock for your stay and look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

First stay in Vancouver accompanying my husband on a business symposium held at the casino. Clean room with a beautiful view, attentive and friendly staff. Upon arrival, received a VIP greeting as the doorman opened my car door at the lobby entrance. Stopped for late night appetizers and refreshments in the lobby restaurant -- delicious. Smooth check in, easy-to-get-to room for such a large hotel. Forgot to pack my toothbrush! and with a call to the front desk one was cheerfully delivered in just a few short minutes. Breakfast buffet offered many fresh choices, superior coffee, made to order omelets, waffles, etc., and a relaxing atmosphere.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a water view. So, so glad we did. Beautiful view well worth it if one is available. Ve...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

We are so pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us! We take pride in providing the best customer service possible and have all the comforts you needed at your fingertips. We thank you for choosing River Rock for your stay and hope you come back to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed 3 nights and was impressed with the quick responsiveness of the housekeeping staff. Anytime we called with a request someone was at our door in minutes. Even left them a note asking for a couple things and it was there when we got back. Maintenance was also super quick in addressing a "running" toilet and they changed out the parts while we were out. Everyone from the front desk, concierge, bar/lounge waiter provided excellent service. The security staff is friendly and the hotel is clean and very attractive. We will definitely stay again. Really liked the location and all the Asian food available nearby whether a market or restaurant. This is definitely a very convenient area (despite the roadwork currently going on).

Room Tip: We were in room 608 and had a beautiful view of the marina and water. Quiet and climate control wor...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review! We are so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the location of the hotel and got to experience the nearby Asian markets and restaurants. I will be sure to let our team, particularly from Housekeeping, Maintenance and Security, know how much they are appreciated by our guests. We look forward to your next stay with us at River Rock!

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We stay in this hotel few times when we stay in vancouver. Hotel is great. Nice view and room. But this time really want to said thank you to the information center assocaite Kevin (he usually day off on friday & Saturday) who share us alot of great information to discover vancouver more. Even the weather was not nice. But we had another experience which made me and my wife unforgettable. Many thanks

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Roland M, General Manager at River Rock Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Tommy,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I will forward your comments to Kevin's supervisor team as well as submit a nomination into our employee recognition program and the Vancouver Tourism Awards Program for his outstanding service. We are pleased you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return stay with us!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed one night and wished we stayed 2 nights but had already reserved a room downtown. We loved this hotel, the service from the front desk was fantastic, there was a band playing in the casino very entertaining

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank kegs605
Roland M, General Manager at River Rock Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We hope you stay with us on your next visit to Vancouver!