“Why stay in a hotel when you can stay in an Amazing Bed and Breakfast”

The Stone Hedge Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 30 Richmond B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Why stay in a hotel when you can stay in an Amazing Bed and Breakfast”
Reviewed 19 November 2012

This is one of the reasons why you want to stay in a bed and breakfast (instead of a hotel). The owner really cares about your needs and experience. Yes, a very cozy place and good value too. Two thumbs up.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
British Columbia
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I stayed here again on my return from Asia in October. Once again, I was lucky enough to have the Safari House, a warm and cozy cottage with every amenity. Breakfast was excellent, sweet maple bacon with oven baked eggs, muffins and home made preserves, and yogurt with fresh fruit and granola. I had pleasant company at breakfast from the other 2 guests who were there, and who also raved about the quality and size of the breakfast. Brian and Linda are welcoming and full of local knowledge. It is always interesting to stay here.

I would highly recommend staying here, and I will be back time and time again!

Room Tip: Ask for the Safari House!!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Basingstoke
Reviewed 23 September 2012

After a fraught drive through rush hour traffic, Stone Hedge was a haven. Both Brian and Linda made us very welcome, with a room upgrade and a tray of tea and cake. The rooms are comfortable, the pool warm and refreshing. Guests share a sitting room with refreshments available all the time. Breakfast was delicious. Brian entertained us irrepressively with stories, helpful advice and a history lesson. he also gave us a present of their home-made grape jelly as we left!
The best restaurants are at the waterfront in steveston - a 10 minute drive away

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 August 2012

My husband and I found the Stone Hedge in our Lonely Planet book and we were not disappointed. We hadn't made a reservation, but Brian greeted us at the gate and was all smiles. We stayed in the stone Safari House and it was such an experience! The bed was uber comfortable, the cabinet was stocked with tea, coffee, and anything else you'd need, and our hosts made sure there were always cold beverages in our mini-fridge. At breakfast, we were served like kings; the food and the service were delectable. I hope to send my parents to the Stone Hedge for their anniversary one year! Brian and his wife truly want to give each guest the experience of their lives, and I'd say they do an excellent job.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Montreal
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Stone Hedge for one week and had a wonderful experience. The garden is a delight and the swimming pool was an added treat. The water was warmed on the rainy days and we swam almost every day. The food was exceptionally good and varied. Linda, the chef extraordinaire made each breakfast delightful and different every day. We had a variety of fruit and juices in addition to homemade muffins and homemade jams and jellies, in addition to the variety of tasty egg dishes. Our genial host, Brian, was a treasure trove of history and local lore and made our stay very interesting.
Our room was very cute and our bathroom was very spacious featuring a jacuzzi tub. We found chocolates and flowers on our pillows every evening of our stay. We also had a selection of teas, coffee, soft drinks in our dining area and minibar. On sunny mornings we had breakfast outside near the pool. Lounge chairs were available and we idled there most mornings after breakfast. Our hosts went out of their way to make our stay a very happy one. We would highly recommend this B & B for anyone staying in Vancouver or Richmond. Thank you Brian and Linda!

Room Tip: Honeymooners would like the Safari room, couples would like the double room and we (mother and daugh...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 24 March 2012

This was my first experience at a B&B and I was not dissapointed! My friend and I were greated at the gate by Brian who immediately made us feel welcomed when he took our bags and showed us directly to our suite. Such a beautiful refuge was hidden in the back garden of the house. A beautiful pool beconed us but as it was still early spring we declined. To our surprise we had been upgraded (for the same price) to have the whole suite which included two lovely rooms, two bathrooms and the comfortable sitting/ dining room. Both Judi and I were impressed with the lovely antiques that graced the rooms. Brian was more than accomodating and was at our beck and call. Both our beds were very comfortable and rooms extremely peaceful and quiet. The breakfast Linda prepared for us was beyond anything I had expected and I felt very spoiled by our host's professionalism in serving the meal. This was such a delightful experience, I know that I would be happy to stay at the Stone Hedge again and definately reccommend it to others. Judi and I felt very relaxed and welcome by the care and attention to detail that both Brian and Linda displayed.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Laura S
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I traveled around the Canada such as Rocky mountain and seattle in U.S.A, too.
I hate noisy place like downtown, so I stayed in Richmond where it's famous for the good fortune by geography.
I found one the Stone Hedge B&B through google and stayed there for 4 days.
It was so peaceful and I experienced good atmosphere. And fortunatly I got the engagement ring in that house. I guess it's because I believed the folktale which I heard about the location in the house's land.
Why don't you go to the Stone Hedge B&B and get some good luck? I am sure that your wishes will come true!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple