“good place for business”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Riverport
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 25 June 2014

out of the way, but a short drive to airport, businesses in Richmond, lots of parking, new rooms, wired and wireless internet, breakfast included. a restaurant and bar a short walk away. Also a large theater. A half mile drive getts you to a shopping centre with restraunts, shopping and supermarket

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Tom H
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Riverport

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We had the misfortune of arriving together with an –unorganized- group that occupied the front desk for a very long time, although guest services tried to do their best for a swift check-in… the groupleader made sure we had to wait nearly 15minutes before we were able to check-in.
With this hotel being in the proximity of Vancouver International Airport and the large number of cruiseships having their turnaround homeport in Vancouver makes that groups are common at this property. The front desk staff seemed very able and prepared to accommodate groups, in this particular case it was the group leader causing a chaos so the hotel could not be blamed for the delay. Once it was our turn we were ready to go within a couple of minutes. Check-in was friendly, professional and recognized my IHG loyalty with 300 welcome bonus points.
We reserved a Junior Suite which answered to all our wishes and provided us everything for a comfortable stay. I wanted to use the fitness facilities but that adults only zone was opened by some parents so that their children could use it as a playground… I found this to be irresponsible and very disrespectful to other guests, however a hotel cannot be blamed for the behavior of its patrons. The fitness area has a scale so that your luggage can be checked for excess weight.
With the HIEX being completely full, breakfast was a bit of a challenge with too many guests at the buffet, once more it was obvious that the hotelstaff was used to being fully booked, items were replenished within a reasonable period of time. To accommodate all guests an overflow breakfast room was provided across the hall. We are rarely impressed with complimentary continental breakfasts, but found everything to be as expected and according to Holiday Inn Express standards… which in general is above the level of comp breakfasts at most mid-class hotelchains.
Express check-out had been done during the night so that we could leave without any delays. A complimentary shuttle service is available for airport transfers.

Scores from 0 to 10:
- General impression: 10 (nice well maintained building)
- Overall cleanliness: 10 (flawless)
- Check-in process: 10 (once it’s your turn)
- Front desk staff: 10 (friendly & very professional)
- Other staff: 10 (friendly & very professional)

- Room size: 09 (more than adequate)
- Room decor: 08 (cosy contempory HIEX design)
- Room condition: 10 (excellent)
- Room cleanliness: 10 (excellent)
- Room value/money: 10 (excellent)
- Bed size: 10 (booked and got King bed)
- Bed linens: 08 (standard white hotel linens)
- Bed comfort: 08 (very good support, not hard)
- Bed condition: 09 (as good as new)
- Bed cleanliness: 10 (excellent)

- Breakfast room: 07 (busy, but doable)
- Breakfast price: 10 (complimentary)
- Breakfast items: 07 (better than average, limited to European taste)
- Breakfast service: 08 (constantly replenished)
- Breakfast value/money: 08 (complimentary)

- Pool size: 08 (average, not much seating around it)
- Pool towels: 07 (provided plentiful, but thin and smallish)
- Pool condition: 08 (very good)
- Pool cleanliness: 10 (excellent)
- Pool temperature: 08 (may be slightly warmer for me)

- Hot tub size: 08 (average for this size hotel)
- Hot tub towels: 07 (provided plentiful, but thin and smallish)
- Hot tub condition: 08 (very good)
- Hot tub cleanliness: 08 (excellent, over average chlorine odor)
- Hot tub temperature: 08 (slightly too hot for my personal taste)

- Fitness size: 06 (smallish, but has the right equipment)
- Fitness towels: 07 (provided plentiful, but thin and smallish)
- Fitness condition: 08 (good, despite children play on equipment)
- Fitness equipment: 08 (treadmill, bike, elliptical)
- Fitness cleanliness: 10 (excellent before the kids took over)
My personal opinion: Highly recommended hotel (book early)
My overall satisfaction: 95%, am very likely to return when in the area.

How I rate…
- 5°°°°° Is only given to an excellent hotel/restaurant that has widely exceeded my expectations compared to its price or hotel category / brand, where staff & management go above and beyond the call of duty to provide their patrons an experience they will never forget.
- 4°°°° indicates a very good to excellent property that has provided me everything I was hoping for at the time of booking. Where staff & management make sure that patrons get their money’s worth.
- 3°°° is average to good, or something gave cause for minor disappointment.
- 2°° accommodation is far below my expectations and/or staff was rude.
- 1° STAY AWAY !!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LeoRaeves
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We booked the Riverport location due to its proximity to relatives in Richmond and the fact that we needed three beds as were a couple traveling with two teens (16 and 13 years old). The room was spacious, very quiet even with its proximity to the airport and it was great to have the kitchen area with full size fridge, microwave, dishwasher and dishware. We would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again. Thank you to the friendly check in/out staff. A big thank you also to the housekeeping staff and to the breakfast attendants. The breakfast was great and had a very nice variety to please all of us.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2014

From now just reading other reviews, I would say now I know why.....it is a new hotel, the staff is still learning...we arrived with the hotel manager and some front desk staff on duty. We had booked for 3 adults for 2 nights. We got 1 kingside bed and a sofa bed. we would have liked another bed. The manager assured us, it would be comfortable and she was right. The next day, We needed a hotel shuttle ride from the airport where we dropped off a rental car and were told by the front desk staff that only customers who arrive by plane can be picked up by the shuttle, and again (after an hour or so) the very nice hotel manager assured us, we could be picked up and we were! The hotel is comfortable. There is a good breakfast buffet included in the room rate. There are several restaurants close by. If you are traveling with children, there is an entertainment mall within walking distance with movies, skating, and other activities to enjoy.

Room Tip: Restaurants within walking distance.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank travelingrm
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Let me start by saying this is a new hotel so expect things to be clean and in good condition. I have some rants that might be attributed to the staff just being new and learning the business. I travelled with 4 other people and stayed in a 1 bedroom suite. Experience starts after we check in. My companions came in with their luggages. I was given the key and the room number. However, I was not given the instructions on how to get to our room. I had to ask where the elevator was. I expected to be given instructions on how to get to the room and sometimes even shown a hotel map. I also expected to be instructed on where to park my car or other entrances available. I ended walking back to the elevator near the lobby only to find out my room was in the building wing and that there was another elevator near the entrance. When you are tired from travel, walking that distance tests your patience. Then for a bedroom with 2 queen beds and a queen sleeper to have only 2 towels and amenities for 2 people is baffling. And last rant, we needed ice. So we had to walk the length of the building wing towards the other building again to get to the ice machine.
But just to set things straight, the hotel itself was clean and aside from those things I mentioned I was happy. Even the breakfast was ok. I wish the had bacon though...

Room Tip: For convinience try to get a room on the same wing as the lobby.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Tried to edit the last one, but couldn't. It was a rocky road before getting to this hotel in getting the reservation and room straight. It took days and days, but I finally heard back from the GM and now after staying at this hotel I can tell you its a really nice place. The new wing of renovated rooms is gorgeous. A few perks they need to work out, like bathroom doors that wont close, but its new. Everyone was very friendly and very helpful. You can read my previous review of what I went thru booking and confirming what room I'd be in, but you wont be sorry for staying here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is a new property with great rooms. Even though there is good public transportation, bus and train, to Vancouver, it is not a good choice if you plan to tour Vancouver. Lots of young hockey players there since there is a rink near the hotel. They did not pose a problem.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple