This is the only hotel I will stay at when visiting Vancouver unless it is a special occasion and I want to stay somewhere upscale like The Sutton or Hotel Vancouver.
Riverport Holiday Inn Express has it all. The location is good because it is close to the airport and a member of staff will drive you there in their shuttle van for free, and if its the manager he won't let you tip. It's close enough for me to visit freinds in either Richmond, Vancouver or Ladner, so it is centrally located. Its located in a great complex that has a large cinema with IMAX, Spagetti Factory, Pub, Arcade, Aquatic Centre, Ice Rink and more. I always plan to take my children and stay there for a weekend and just hang out there.
The rooms are a good size, and often I am upgraded for free. The staff is by far the most courteous I have known anywhere, and I have traveled across North America and the UK and Ireland and have worked as a business owner in the travel industry. I left my bag there once and staff kept it for months and presented it to me upon my return. I hadn't realized I had even lost it there.
The breakfast is typical of a B&B at a hotel of this type. On par with Fairfield Marriott. But its an excellent deal because its included in the very reasonable rate.
Love the swimming pool, hottub, workout room, and the excellent facilities.
Oh, love the King Spa Suite room. The spa bath has shutters in the wall that open up into the main room. I like this because you can choose to be private in the bathroom or open the shutters and relax and watch TV or chat with your spouse.
Once when I went with my teenager that had brought his guitar when we decided to stay a second night the hotel upgraded me to a one bedroom King room so I could have my privacy, simply because I made the smallest comment about my son and his guitar! I love my son but it was great to be able to relax in my own room, in my own King bed, with my own TV while he played his guitar in the other room. Not loud enough to disturb any guests of course :)
I have recommmended this hotel to friends who in turn have recommended it to their friends based on my 'ravings' and everyone has been very happy.
The internet is free in your room with excellent connection, and there is a private business centre at the lobby with two computers and printer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Riverport | Richmond! Only the best for you, our hotel offers a complimentary on-demand 24/hour airport shuttle (call for pick-up), free parking, a complimentary Express Start Hot Buffet Breakfast, free high-speed wireless and wired internet as well as complimentary local calls. Relax after a hard days work or go for a leisure swim in the pool. Dip in the hot tub or simply fit in a last minute workout in our fitness centre. Planning a meeting? Look no further. The property offers spacious and technology-friendly meeting rooms equipped for any size group. Our staff are warm, attentive, and ready to help your event run flawlessly. Our Executive Boardroom is perfect for small groups of up to 14 people while our Banquet Hall seats up to 90. You'll love our location as we are conveniently located near several local attractions and business centres as well as to Vancouver and (YVR) Vancouver International Airport. Travellers enjoy staying at our hotel as they experience everything the Richmond and Vancouver area has to offer. Perfect for families or Business Travel in Metro Vancouver, we are just steps from the Richmond Ice Center, Watermania, and the Riverport Sports & Entertainment Complex. Numerous restaurants including two fabulous pubs and 19 movie theatres as well as, bowling are within walking distance. Nature lovers can tour the Vancouver Aquarium or explore the many parks in the area. Historic Steveston in Richmond and Gastown in Downtown Vancouver, just minutes from our Richmond hotel, offer visitors a glimpse into the past. Here for business? You'll appreciate our proximity to Ironwood Business Park, Crestwood Corporate Center, Annacis Island, Tilbury Business Area and Richmond General Hospital. Designed with you in mind, our rooms come complete with a fridge, microwave and coffee/tea station. Looking for a little extra room? Then you'll absolutely love our suites. Specialty rooms and Executive Suites to suit your needs - full kitchen; one and two bedroom suites (fully equipped apartment style), in-room Spa Suites, Junior Suites for the Executives, Kitchen Studio Kings, three fully ADA Accessible rooms and Standard King or Two Bedroom Queens rooms are also available. Stay connected with high-speed internet access and be efficient by using our media hubs allowing you to connect to the TV wirelessly via an HDMI plug-in or bluetooth (only available in our Executive Suites). Something for everyone - looking forward to having you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Riverport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Riverport
- Holiday Inn Express Riverport
- Holiday Inn Richmond
- Richmond Holiday Inn