“The only hotel for me when visiting Vancouver or on route to airport.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Riverport
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 30 December 2010

This is the only hotel I will stay at when visiting Vancouver unless it is a special occasion and I want to stay somewhere upscale like The Sutton or Hotel Vancouver.

Riverport Holiday Inn Express has it all. The location is good because it is close to the airport and a member of staff will drive you there in their shuttle van for free, and if its the manager he won't let you tip. It's close enough for me to visit freinds in either Richmond, Vancouver or Ladner, so it is centrally located. Its located in a great complex that has a large cinema with IMAX, Spagetti Factory, Pub, Arcade, Aquatic Centre, Ice Rink and more. I always plan to take my children and stay there for a weekend and just hang out there.

The rooms are a good size, and often I am upgraded for free. The staff is by far the most courteous I have known anywhere, and I have traveled across North America and the UK and Ireland and have worked as a business owner in the travel industry. I left my bag there once and staff kept it for months and presented it to me upon my return. I hadn't realized I had even lost it there.

The breakfast is typical of a B&B at a hotel of this type. On par with Fairfield Marriott. But its an excellent deal because its included in the very reasonable rate.

Love the swimming pool, hottub, workout room, and the excellent facilities.

Oh, love the King Spa Suite room. The spa bath has shutters in the wall that open up into the main room. I like this because you can choose to be private in the bathroom or open the shutters and relax and watch TV or chat with your spouse.

Once when I went with my teenager that had brought his guitar when we decided to stay a second night the hotel upgraded me to a one bedroom King room so I could have my privacy, simply because I made the smallest comment about my son and his guitar! I love my son but it was great to be able to relax in my own room, in my own King bed, with my own TV while he played his guitar in the other room. Not loud enough to disturb any guests of course :)

I have recommmended this hotel to friends who in turn have recommended it to their friends based on my 'ravings' and everyone has been very happy.

The internet is free in your room with excellent connection, and there is a private business centre at the lobby with two computers and printer.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank AngieK-SSI
RobGillis_GM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Riverport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2011

Wow you are an amazing raving fan, the staff are blushing with pride. I wanted to acknowledge you for the time and effort with such an extensive wonderful, kind review.
I am sure we will see you again and by the sounds of it all your fans too.
Our best,
Rob Gillis, GM

Reviewed 9 December 2010

Back again, this time on business. This is a great value. The problem with great values, and the reason for the low sleep quality score, is the fact that the other travelers aren't always considerate. Usually we run into adolescent sports teams at this property. Now they've found "quiet" rooms for us, top floor and away from the general crowd.
This time some ordinary adult guests, arriving at 3:00 a.m., chatted happily in the hall for some time --long enough to wake me-- before saying good night to one another. That surely is not the hotel's fault! I'm just pointing out that the great value this hotel offers can easily attract people who have little respect for good lodging manners.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 December 2010

Our trip purpose was leisure and we were guests for 5 nights. The hotel is new, clean and in a convenient location. There is a shopping center in less than 1 mile, where there are many grocery stores, restaurants. There is a movie theater across the street. Hence, a great location. In addition, we have reached Vancouver BC in less than 20min. It saved us a lot of money on parking and breakfast (hot and cold) although the breakfast should have more variety especially if most guests stay more than 3-4 nights. Staff was very friendly and helpful anytime we had an inquire.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2010

I've stayed several times at this hotel,it's a little out of my way but worth the extra few minutes drive. It's quiet location, easy access to the city and really a comfortable space to spend some downtime. Everything is clean and well kept and all the staff all work hard to make each stay a good one. It's finally why I thought I should leave a review :).
I admit, I wasn't sure initially how many staff there were as Jovanna picked me up safely from the airport, checked me in and seemed ready to help with any of my questions and those of other guests throughout my stay, since then I've seen so many go out of their way...it's just a really well run hotel - My favourite in Vancouver.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank JamesWatson
Reviewed 22 November 2010

My friend and I had never been to Vancouver and the staff at the hotel ensured our stay was memorable, especially the GM Ted. Despite coming in early in the morning, our room was cleaned quickly and provided a great view. Breakfast was enjoyable and definitely helped us get on our day. The best part of our stay, though, was all the help from Ted and his staff to ensure we saw the best sites and the best tips on getting around.

Some people may note the distance from the hotel and the actual airport, but it caused us no problems getting around the area or in/out of the city due to the free shuttle.

If I'm ever in Vancouver again, I would definitely stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank MSM_CO
Reviewed 16 November 2010

Anna Smith,the sales manager promised us (4 Couples)a great stay and she delivered.This is the place to stay if your flying out or back,or just wanting to see Vancouver.Can't say enough about the staff,the quality of the rooms...clean,clean,clean!
Loved the fact you could reserve the airport shuttle in advance,one less worry when having to catch that eary AM flight or the midnight returning flight.
The Inn is located beside one of the areas largest Ice arena complex and several good resteraunts are available within walking distance.
I highly suggest you give this Inn a try!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Hotchiliepepper
Reviewed 1 November 2010

After reading piles of reviews on hotels in the Vancouver area we decided to stay at the Richmond Riverport Holiday Inn. Being our first trip to British Columbia with our 5 year old daughter we were pleasantly surprised by the affordable price of our 9 day stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel in a Suite. With free breakfast,wi-fi,parking,exercise room,pool,hot tub,laundry facilities,above and beyond cleanliness this stay was a bargain in the Vancouver area. The hotel is located in a quiet area of Richmond near farmland which we enjoyed being able to buy local produce to enjoy in our full kitchen. After a day of site seeing it was nice to go back to the tranquility of our suite. My only complaint isn't against the hotel but the distance to visit some popular destinations in Vancouver. It took us 30 mins to get to anywhere in the Vancouver area on the highways The amazing friendly staff,the perks and the cleanliness more than make up for this. We will diffently be staying here again on our next trip to British Columbia.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family