“Food ok, service poor”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Went for dinner in past week with a group of friends. Expected it to be crowded as there was a hockey game and it was. Service was the poorest part of the evening. The service was slow even taking into account the game. The servers also forgot things, we asked for water and only two of us got water, we had to ask again. One of our party wanted an item on the side but it didn't come. We asked for our water to be refilled and had to ask twice. There was no offer for refills on soft drinks and finally one server ask if we wanted the dessert menu, we said yes but it never came.
The food was a mixed bag. One of our party gave their meal a 1 out 5. Two gave theirs 4/5 and the fourth was 3/5.
Over all very average and I don't think we will return.

1  Thank travelmoose_13

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I don't eat at Boston Pizza all that often as I've had some negative experiences at some locations. But the Richmond location seems to always leave me satisfied.

We arrived just before noon on a Tuesday and the place was surprisingly empty. We were taken to our table very quickly and ordering happened even faster (both drinks and food). The employee's were very friendly and professional.

The food was very good. I order an individual pizza expecting to be left hungry, but it filled me up and toppings were very well proportioned with just enough cheese, although I would probably ask for extra cheese next time. That's just me.. I like tons of cheese, but I'm sure most people would find it just fine. I was able to taste the other dishes and my sons chicken quesadilla was probably the best I've had. The other dish was devoured by father-in-law and he had the Chicken and Mushroom Fettuccini, it was a huge plate of pasta and and the small bite had me wish I had ordered that instead!

My only complaint is that once we were all done, we had to wait a bit too long to get the bill.... and then a wait to have bill picked up for change. Other then that, it was a positive experience... good food, friendly service!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

We went on Sunday. I had the Chipotle Salad, wife had chicken Caesar, kids split a salad. We had no drinks. Bill was $42 for 3 salads.

Wife said the chicken on her salad smelled like poop. I loved my salad.

They had a a magician doing tricks at our table.

Wish we had tried the pizza. Place was clean and family friendly. Nothing bad but nothing great.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I no longer patronize the Boston Pizza on 3 Road as my experience is that it always requires an unreasonably long time to wait for my order to arrive

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Attended Boston Pizza with 20 kids and their parents attending a hockey tournament! Although our reservation got bumped from the private Room, we had no complaints. They were great at taking an advance order for the kids, and the service was phenomenal. These servers were so helpful, understanding and patient. I wouldn't hesitate to bring a group again. These kids were Between 5-7 and FULL of energy. The server team were amazing with them, and all off parents! Thank you!