“The food was so good tonight!”
Review of Cactus Club Cafe

Cactus Club Cafe
Ranked #14 of 910 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Medicine Hat, Canada
“The food was so good tonight!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Hostess cheerfully greeted us at the door and we were seated promptly. Unfortunately, we wanted to sit in a group with a bunch of friends but the restaurant was too busy and we were scattered throughout at tables of four. Otherwise, good with hot tasty food, good service and portions large enough ex did not have room for dessert. Darn. Pleasant atmosphere, like all CC Cafés.

• Visited May 2014

Kelowna
“Good food - Painful ambience”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We enjoy the Cactus Club restaurant chain in British Columbia, especially for the well prepared food & innovative menus. Recently we attended in Richmond and were subjected to throbbing background music which combined with the patron conversation was very unpleasant & almost prompted our departure. The owners & management should understand that loud & intrusive music does nothing to mask patron noise but rather increases the overall level of conversation. Dining, even in a restaurant that appeals to the younger set, should include good conversation. Loud music simply increases the overall level of noise. For a pleasant dining experience with both good food & conversation, pass on Richmond Cactus Club. And for the staff there, have a little consideration as we'll!

• Visited May 2014
Surrey, Canada
“Great atmosphere. ”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Food selection is great. The staff are warm and friendly. Requests for substitutions are readily accepted. This is a favourite location of mine.

Vancouver, Canada
“Very Tough Steak..”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

came for a late dinner. The atmosphere was gorgeous., the ambience was relaxed very ideal for a late night. Ordered striploin steak medium. With Beer and Cocktail. The steak was very tough and chewy, No mabling at all but have lots of Tendons in stead. It takes forever to chew it. Like I am having a gum in my mouth. I can't help it, have to say somethiing about it. The server talk to the Chef. Said the striploin cut comes that way. Had to replace it with their recommedation:double braised pineapple hoisin short rib – of course it it will be soft. But not what i would like to eat. Dissapointed.

Visited March 2014
Sechelt
“My go-to spot.”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I like every Cactus Club.
There was about a half an hour wait when we first arrived but we sat at the bar and had yam fries and a drink (best Sangria anywhere, ever), and were quickly told a table was available.
They have, for winter, converted the covered patio to all weather seating. Although it was nice, the table they put us at was kind of in the middle of the room and the area was brighter and breezier than I wanted. I go to Cactus because I like the dimly-lit, cozy atmosphere mixed with the hustle-bustle. I didn't even need to say this to my initial server - he knew. He quickly arranged for a small booth next to the kitchen and I was super happy.
We shared our new favourite - the Szcheuan Beans - and a couple more drinks and took our time ordering entrees - Salmon Rice bowl and a burger. Perfect and exactly what we were craving. It's awesome that each CC has it's own style, but the drinks and food are always spot-on. This was our first time to the Richmond one and, if I can sit in the restaurant side, I'll definitely go again.

• Visited February 2014