“Fast 'n' good”

Ranked #3 of 929 Restaurants in Richmond
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I very much appreciate when a restaurant or bar recognizes when a fair portion of their diners are travelling and respects the time constraints involved. I was at the Flying Beaver while waiting for Harbour Air and sat at the bar because I was solo. The bartender was very attentive, worked very quickly, and was overall very impressive. That being said, it was definitely a team effort.
I was so happy with the service, but the food was great too. I had the fish tacos - very good.

They do what they do well.

1  Thank JayeFaye123
There are newer reviews for Flying Beaver Bar & Grill

Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is a unique and busy restaurant next to the river. Outdoor patio was great with a nice warm breeze. Service was good and the food followed in it's wake. Lots of seaplane action landing and taking off.Atmosphere is just fantastic

Reviewed 28 June 2014

After we walked the 8km/5mi Iona Spit Trail in Iona Beach Regional Park in Richmond near the airport we worked up an appetite and decided to go here for lunch. The setting is wonderful with this place being also a terminal for the Harbour Air sea planes that take off from here. The building is right on stilts on top of the water.

We were greeted by a friendly girl and ask where we would like to sit, we asked if there was a patio seat as it was nice enough to sit outside. We got lucky as there was only one more table available and it was right beside the big window with a nice view.

We enjoyed an appetizer first with was the "steamed local mussels" in a coconut curry sauce with chorizo and garlic bread. My friend ordered a "Seafood & Avocado Salad Sandwich" which had shrimp, crab, salmon, halibut, tuna, bacon & avocado served on ciabatta baguette. I ordered the "Seafood Grill" which were two seafood skewers with salmon, halibut & tiger prawns in a ginger-soy glaze with jasmine rice & seasonal vegetables...mmmm that was really delicious.

This restaurant is fairly pricey, but the food is excellent which makes it worth the money! The service was great too and pretty quick considering how busy it was in the restaurant. The servers were friendly and kind. The only thing that was kind of strange was that at the time we were there, there was one eager worker who kept taking our empty drink glasses away but never asked if we wanted a refill. But the servers came by just enough times that we could ask for another refill if we wanted.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I really liked that they have a free shuttle to pick you up and take you back to hotel so you can have a drink(s) with your meal. Great food and really friendly service.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The food and service was great! Enjoyed watching the airplanes take off and land on water! Amazing! Will go again when I am in YVR