“Horrible experience!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
“Horrible experience!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

We've been a very royal costumers since it's openning many year ago because of good food. But their service gradually became so poor and terrible we won't go back there ever again. I meet a lot of visitors from all over the world and I used to recommand his place to them but it won't happen again fir sure.
All I asked was a little hot sauce to this woman hostess and for some reason she totally ignored me and the second time when I asked her same thing happened even my son who is 4 years old asked me why she didn't responded to me. Then she kept staring at out table like I did something horrible to her. It has nothing to do with me not getting the hot sauce but it's about how people should treat each other with respect no mattter what.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Prettyjoelle

Vancouver, BC
“If you're only looking for good food, it's the right place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2009

If you're looking for good food but don't mind having to wait 1/2 hour past your reservation time, asking for clean dishes, asking for clean water glasses, asking for the bill 20 minutes after they have cleared off all the dishes, then waiting another 10 minutes to bring it, then another 20 minutes for them to bring the credit card back..........
The family went for Dim Sum on Sunday (yesterday). I called on Friday and made a reservation. We showed up and were told that we had to wait for someone to leave - maybe 10 or 15 minutes. 1/2 hour later, we were showed our table, which was in a small room off the main dining room (I think) and then the hostess walked away. The table was set for 9. We changed out 3 complete place settings. I had to find the highchair (which I asked for both when making the reservation and when we checked in) and wiggle it into place.
The 9 of us took a look through the menu then, when we had problems flagging someone down, noticed the hostess dropped a scantron sheet and pencil on the table. Is this how we're supposed to order? Hey ... look... the scantron is all in chinese... no English anywhere on it. So, my sister finally managed to grab someone and was shown, not told, that the printed book menu was in English and we could match the numbers (but the characters didn't always match).
So we filled out the scantron then had to flag someone down to take it. As we were waiting for our dishes, a girl walks up to the table with a tray of something that looked liked little yellow igloos. We asked what it was and the response was in Chinese and VERY softly said. The girl apparently didn't know a word of English nor could she raise her voice. Finally, we just ignored her. She was back about 15 minutes later with something else she couldn't identify in English or loudly enough for my parents (who sat at the back of the table against the wall) to hear.
We asked for a jug of water and some glasses. We had to change out 3 glasses - nasty lipstick.
All in all, even though the food was good, I wouldn't go back. Would I recommend this place to a friend? Sure, there are times when you really aren't in any hurry at all and with all the noise that is there, kids would probably have a grand old time.
The restaurant is located in Lansdowne Mall so there is lots of parking.
Cost? 9 people = $125

“Great quality dim sum.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2008

Great quality dim sum.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“very creative dim sum dishes..esp the tart with gold leafing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2008

very creative dim sum dishes..esp the tart with gold leafing