“Superb!”

Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in North Vancouver
“Superb!”
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Booked online after reading the rave reviews on trip advisor. Paid extra for a downtown view and asked for a quiet room. Got what we asked for, staff are super nice and could not be more helpful. Great location 5 mins from the sea bus for direct transfer to downtown by super efficient public transport $2.75. Plenty of places across the street and at Lonsdale quay Market to eat. Only problem we had.... The taxi from the international airport had no idea where the address was and his sat nav didn't either. The hotel said he should have put in 1 lonsdale which would have brought him opposite the hotel.

Will definately stay here again!

• Stayed September 2011
TimMorrison, General Manager at Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier, responded to this review, 29 September 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your superb comments. Our team is very pleased that you had an enjoyable experience at the Hotel and in our neighborhood.

We look forward to welcoming you back Very soon.

Best Regards,

Tim Morrison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Spent 3 nights here and had a great stay. The location is so convenient, just a couple of minutes from the sea bus to downtown Vancouver, great bus service to attractions in North Vancouver, and the convience of the wonderful markets on the Quay right next door. Also have to say the lane pool and fitness centre were wonderful -a great way to start the day. It was nice to have a fridge in the room.Staff were very pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: We had a montain view - water view would have been nicer.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 14 September 2011

It's unusual to find a full-size 25 meter pool in a luxury hotel - they're usually a bit small - so my first raves go to the pool, as I am a passionate swimmer. The hotel itself was lovely and comfortable. We had a view of the water, which is pretty but a little funky because of all the construction cranes - but cranes are a part of life in Vancouver. Something is going up everywhere in this gorgeous city. Excellent breakfast was included in the price, although parking was extra. Several very nice bistros right across the street the street made it extra convenient. Depending on what part of the city you need to be in this could be a great choice.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 13 September 2011

The Pinnacle at the Pier opened in January 2010 and is an excellent alternative to downtown Vancouver. It's located directly across Burrard Inlet from the cruise ship terminal, convention centre, Pan Pacific, and Fairmont Waterfront and is easily accessed by the Seabus from Waterfront Station (which is the end of the Canada Line directly from the airport). When you arrive at Lonsdale Quay on the North Vancouver side of the inlet, you just walk through the market and hang a right - no need for a taxi.
The Pinnacle is within walking distance of dozens of bistros, not to mention Lonsdale Quay again, which is a great spot for coffee and fresh food. If you are travelling to Whistler/Blackcomb this is a good choice because you avoid the traffic on the bridges. There is a Zipcar 2 blocks away for those who use this service and also a supermarket and liquor store for those who like to stock the fridge!

Rooms are clean and modern with nice linens, and they all have a microwave and small fridge in addition to the usual amenities of a good hotel. The food at the Lobby restaurant is excellent and the staff are always pleasant and helpful. Overall, I would choose to stay at the Pinnacle over most downtown Vancouver hotels whether you are travelling on business or for pleasure. One additional benefit is that rates are lower than downtown.

Room Tip: All rooms face either the mountain side or the ocean (Burrard Inlet) side. Both are fine, although i...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
San Francisco
Reviewed 10 September 2011

I haven't written any reviews in awhile despite a lot of travel, but really wanted to do this one much sooner because my experience at the Pinnacle was one of the best customer service responses I’ve received in my years of travelling. I was so impressed by the way the Guest Services Manager (Brendan Stonestreet) and his staff handled themselves, that I booked another stay for this month. I will be paying regular prices this time, which at $200/nt, is still a VERY GOOD price for a hotel at this level of service and caliber.

I prepaid for a great deal thru Travelzoo (only 150 USD per night) to reserve a 3night stay at the Pinnacle back in June of this year. However, the Pinnacle was overbooked due to the Stanley Cup finals, such that my room was already given away by the time I had arrived in the early evening. I could tell that the manager of the day was nervous about how I would respond to not getting my room.

The management apologized very sincerely and explained that an upgraded harborview room will ready for me the next morning. They had arranged prepaid alternate lodging at The Travelodge (YUCK!!! But Vancouver was booked to the hilt due to the games) a few miles from the Pinnacle. They gave me $100 in taxi vouchers to transport me and allowed me to leave my car in the Pinnacle garage, as well as comped my parking for the duration of my stay. Upon returning to the Pinnacle the following morning to check-in, I was indeed put in an upgraded room, as well comped for 1 night, such that I ended up only paying for 1 night out of the 3 nights I had reserved.

Overall, it was a more than satisfactory resolution. However, the thing that really stands out and took away any bitterness was that Brendan Stonestreet and his staff were exemplary. Not only did they proactively resolve the situation, they seemed very genuinely concerned with customer satisfaction as they were doing it.

Regarding the Pinnacle’s physical aspects, there was nothing I can reasonably complain about. The public areas, amenities and my room were true to the pictures posted on the hotel’s website and pictures posted by other travelers. The gym and pool areas –as was the rest of the hotel- are very clean and well kept. Housekeeping seemed thorough and responded quickly when I requested a razor and more conditioner. Everything worked well in my room, which looked great, and had a soothing spa-like smell. In addition, the robes provided are very comfortable. Never had any problems with the wifi signal. The hotel’s location is truly convenient to the Seabus, Horseshoe Bay ferry and major attractions in North Van. There are two excellent restaurants across the street. The large and very charming public market nearby is well-stocked and reasonably priced. Ultimately, I was impressed with the service, happy with my stay, and very much looking forward to coming back this month.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Hot Springs Village, Arkansas
Reviewed 10 September 2011

I reserved online and requested a harbor view......and it was beautiful! This is by far the friendliest staff I have experienced. Check in was a breeze. We did have some problems finding the hotel but that is because we did not have Canadian maps in our GPS and we became lost in downtown Vancouver. We talked with concierge Cory Gibson and he printed us directions to our next location. He spent a lot of time talking us through the directions. We couldn't thank him enough. We also had a great waitress in the lobby bar but I don't remember her name. Great view, professional and friendly staff, good location, nice amenities. Nothing negative to report.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbor view.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
TimMorrison, General Manager at Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier, responded to this review, 12 September 2011
Dear Guest,

We are very pleased that you selected our Hotel as one of the Hotels to stay at during your 13 day road trip. I also want to thank you for sharing your comments regarding the friendliness of our staff . Our team strives to provide a memorable experience for our guests and it gives us great pleasure when this service experience is qualified by you "our Guest".

Thank you very much for staying with us and our team looks forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best Regards,

Tim Morrison
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 8 September 2011

After realizing that this hotel was not in downtown Vancouver, I got a little worried. I became even more worried as we drove deeper into North Vancouver, where the glitz and glass of Vancouver was missing. Needless to say, walking in peaked my excitement about staying here.

I'm a neat freak and this hotel is CLEAN! From the garage to the corner lamp in the room, everything was spotless. Everything worked, the glass was clean (even the glass wall between the shower and the bedroom), and the bed was heavenly (sorry Westin, but you can't come close). Despite being a "Weddings and Events Hotel," our stay was very quiet and peaceful.

The BEST part of the stay was a tie between the view and the staff, who were incredibly helpful, friendly, and polite. One night we needed to find some places to shop and we were assisted by Jenie and Mel, who were VERY professional and helpful!

The view was breathtaking, but there is a historical site on the harbor side commemorating the Wallace Shipyard (where the hotel was built) that has a nice pier for walking and restored artifacts like a shipping crane and moorings. If the semi-industrial look makes you uncomfortable, you might not enjoy the view as much. However, everyone in my party loved it!

I will definitely be coming back!

Room Tip: Get a High Level Harbor View with a Balcony. They also have adjoining rooms.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Vancouver
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North...
#2 of 10 in North Vancouver
L'Hermitage Hotel
#1 of 90 in Vancouver
North Vancouver Hotel
#5 of 10 in North Vancouver

Been to Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier? Share your experiences!