“Very Nice BoutiqueHotel”

Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in North Vancouver
Reviewed 20 September 2011

This hotel is only just over a year old, so is very modern and up to date. We had a King room which overlooked Vancouver Harbor.The room was a good size with lovely modern bathroom. Free wi-fi was an added bonus.
The hotel is in North Vancouver, but only a 2 minute walk to the sea bus terminal which takes you to downtown Vancouver and all the sites. Lots of nice eating places really close by and also the Market where you can get just about anything you want to eat also souveniers etc.
We liked it there so much we extended our stay from 2 nights to 5 nights.
Highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators on an upper floor
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
TimMorrison, General Manager at Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for providing your comments on your recent stay and for recommending our Hotel to others.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Regards,

Tim Morrison

Write a ReviewReviews (1,493)

Reviewed 19 September 2011

I just stayed at the Pinnacle Hotel at the Pier this past weekend. My brother's wedding was held here on Friday night and many out of town guests stayed for as many as 4 nights. The hotel is a fabulous property only steps away from Lonsdale Quay and the Seabus Station which takes you to downtown Vancouver. The rooms are beautiful, the restaurant is great, and the food served at the wedding was amazing! The only thing better than the hotel facilities was the hotel staff! The service we and all of the wedding guests received was nothing short of outstanding. The staff made every effort to ensure that every last detail related to the wedding was taken care of so that my brother and his bride could just enjoy themselves. Expectations for everyone were exceeded without any question. The fitness facilities and pool are superb. One suggestion I have is to also have takeout coffee cups in the guest rooms to accompany the mugs to that you can take your coffee to go. Other than that the Pinnace is an A+ and I will most certainly return!

Room Tip: The city view rooms have a wonderful view.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
TimMorrison, General Manager at Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2011

Dear Guest,

Congratulations to your brother and his bride on their Wedding and thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay with us. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your experience and that you have recommended us to others. I will surely share your comments with our team as they will be very pleased to hear that you felt they exceeded your expectations. As well thank you for your suggestion regarding to-go cups in the rooms as I will review this request with our housekeeping team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 17 September 2011

Booked online after reading the rave reviews on trip advisor. Paid extra for a downtown view and asked for a quiet room. Got what we asked for, staff are super nice and could not be more helpful. Great location 5 mins from the sea bus for direct transfer to downtown by super efficient public transport $2.75. Plenty of places across the street and at Lonsdale quay Market to eat. Only problem we had.... The taxi from the international airport had no idea where the address was and his sat nav didn't either. The hotel said he should have put in 1 lonsdale which would have brought him opposite the hotel.

Will definately stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2011
TimMorrison, General Manager at Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your superb comments. Our team is very pleased that you had an enjoyable experience at the Hotel and in our neighborhood.

We look forward to welcoming you back Very soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 15 September 2011

Spent 3 nights here and had a great stay. The location is so convenient, just a couple of minutes from the sea bus to downtown Vancouver, great bus service to attractions in North Vancouver, and the convience of the wonderful markets on the Quay right next door. Also have to say the lane pool and fitness centre were wonderful -a great way to start the day. It was nice to have a fridge in the room.Staff were very pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: We had a montain view - water view would have been nicer.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2011

It's unusual to find a full-size 25 meter pool in a luxury hotel - they're usually a bit small - so my first raves go to the pool, as I am a passionate swimmer. The hotel itself was lovely and comfortable. We had a view of the water, which is pretty but a little funky because of all the construction cranes - but cranes are a part of life in Vancouver. Something is going up everywhere in this gorgeous city. Excellent breakfast was included in the price, although parking was extra. Several very nice bistros right across the street the street made it extra convenient. Depending on what part of the city you need to be in this could be a great choice.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2011

The Pinnacle at the Pier opened in January 2010 and is an excellent alternative to downtown Vancouver. It's located directly across Burrard Inlet from the cruise ship terminal, convention centre, Pan Pacific, and Fairmont Waterfront and is easily accessed by the Seabus from Waterfront Station (which is the end of the Canada Line directly from the airport). When you arrive at Lonsdale Quay on the North Vancouver side of the inlet, you just walk through the market and hang a right - no need for a taxi.
The Pinnacle is within walking distance of dozens of bistros, not to mention Lonsdale Quay again, which is a great spot for coffee and fresh food. If you are travelling to Whistler/Blackcomb this is a good choice because you avoid the traffic on the bridges. There is a Zipcar 2 blocks away for those who use this service and also a supermarket and liquor store for those who like to stock the fridge!

Rooms are clean and modern with nice linens, and they all have a microwave and small fridge in addition to the usual amenities of a good hotel. The food at the Lobby restaurant is excellent and the staff are always pleasant and helpful. Overall, I would choose to stay at the Pinnacle over most downtown Vancouver hotels whether you are travelling on business or for pleasure. One additional benefit is that rates are lower than downtown.

Room Tip: All rooms face either the mountain side or the ocean (Burrard Inlet) side. Both are fine, although i...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2011

I haven't written any reviews in awhile despite a lot of travel, but really wanted to do this one much sooner because my experience at the Pinnacle was one of the best customer service responses I’ve received in my years of travelling. I was so impressed by the way the Guest Services Manager (Brendan Stonestreet) and his staff handled themselves, that I booked another stay for this month. I will be paying regular prices this time, which at $200/nt, is still a VERY GOOD price for a hotel at this level of service and caliber.

I prepaid for a great deal thru Travelzoo (only 150 USD per night) to reserve a 3night stay at the Pinnacle back in June of this year. However, the Pinnacle was overbooked due to the Stanley Cup finals, such that my room was already given away by the time I had arrived in the early evening. I could tell that the manager of the day was nervous about how I would respond to not getting my room.

The management apologized very sincerely and explained that an upgraded harborview room will ready for me the next morning. They had arranged prepaid alternate lodging at The Travelodge (YUCK!!! But Vancouver was booked to the hilt due to the games) a few miles from the Pinnacle. They gave me $100 in taxi vouchers to transport me and allowed me to leave my car in the Pinnacle garage, as well as comped my parking for the duration of my stay. Upon returning to the Pinnacle the following morning to check-in, I was indeed put in an upgraded room, as well comped for 1 night, such that I ended up only paying for 1 night out of the 3 nights I had reserved.

Overall, it was a more than satisfactory resolution. However, the thing that really stands out and took away any bitterness was that Brendan Stonestreet and his staff were exemplary. Not only did they proactively resolve the situation, they seemed very genuinely concerned with customer satisfaction as they were doing it.

Regarding the Pinnacle’s physical aspects, there was nothing I can reasonably complain about. The public areas, amenities and my room were true to the pictures posted on the hotel’s website and pictures posted by other travelers. The gym and pool areas –as was the rest of the hotel- are very clean and well kept. Housekeeping seemed thorough and responded quickly when I requested a razor and more conditioner. Everything worked well in my room, which looked great, and had a soothing spa-like smell. In addition, the robes provided are very comfortable. Never had any problems with the wifi signal. The hotel’s location is truly convenient to the Seabus, Horseshoe Bay ferry and major attractions in North Van. There are two excellent restaurants across the street. The large and very charming public market nearby is well-stocked and reasonably priced. Ultimately, I was impressed with the service, happy with my stay, and very much looking forward to coming back this month.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Vancouver
Lonsdale Quay Hotel
#4 of 10 in North Vancouver
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North...
#2 of 10 in North Vancouver
Downtown
The Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront
North Vancouver Hotel
#6 of 10 in North Vancouver
Best Western Capilano Inn & Suit...
#3 of 10 in North Vancouver
Downtown
Coast Coal Harbour Hotel by APA

Been to Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier? Share your experiences!