Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier
Lonsdale Quay Hotel(North Vancouver)
US$215
Grouse Inn(North Vancouver)
US$174
US$161
Hotels.com
North Vancouver Hotel(North Vancouver)
US$187
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
1,518 results
All reviewslobby restaurantsea busdowntown vancouvermountain sidelonsdale quayharbour viewgreat hotelnorth shoreglass wallshort walknorth vanlower lonsdalecanada placeunderground parkingcanada lineseabus terminalburrard inlet
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We spent a night here after a staff dinner. The rooms were decent, furnished with a small fridge and microwave, the staff were friendly. I left an item of clothing in the bathroom hanging on the hook but when I inquired the following day, the housekeeping staff had not found my nighty. I will follow up, but I would have thought that it would not have been a problem. The heating air conditioning unit was a bit noisy in the irregular way that makes it difficult to adjust to. I kept thinking I was hearing mice but knew that the hotel was too new to have such problems. Very close to the sea bus and Lonsdale Quay in North Vancouver.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
TimMorrison, General Manager at Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing your feedback on your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the Hotel and the Location.

Thank you also for mentioning the slight noise issue you encountered with the temperature system in your room. I have not heard guest feedback regarding this before which leads me to believe the noise is isolated to the temperature system in this specific room. As you have now contacted us with regards to your missing night gown we are aware of the room you stayed in and we will ensure this noise issue is addressed immediately. Regarding the night gown our Font Office Manager has informed me that he is in contact with you and is presently assisting you with this issue.

Thank you very much for your feedback and for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

I was familiar w/ the Pinnacle at the Pier Hotel, as we had a family anniversary hosted there several years ago. At that time I was very impressed with the new hotel and it's catered event but we had not stayed there . So when planning to stay in North Vancouver recently for a few nights requiring a hotel I was happy to give the Pinnacle at the Pier a try for overnight.

It was a spectacular sunny weekend, so that scores immediate points. I had chosen the oceanview room options, my feeling being if you are in Vancouver you want ocean, I am thinking the mountain view rooms will just be on the road side of the hotel and noisier. I am really glad I did chose the oceanview rooms, and the weather was so fantastic and warm, I sat out on my deck in the late afternoon and basked in the sunshine, something you wouldn't be doing from the mountain view rooms..

The rooms itself, was lovely. It was spacious, clean, still looking nice and fresh and new. The beds were comfortable, and I barely heard a sound in the hotel the whole weekend. It was a pleasure to stay there, and would without a doubt again.

I did not dine in the hotel this weekend, as there are so many nearby options. The hotel is so well situated with great views and great access to so many shops/ restaurants nearby and of course the Seabus and Lonsdale Quay are only moments away. I will return to stay here again without any doubt!

Room Tip: It is worth the extra cost for the stunning oceanview rooms, go for it!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
TimMorrison, General Manager at Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share you comments on your recent experience here at our Hotel. We are very happy you enjoyed the view, our hotel facilities and the lower Lonsdale area.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon and thank you for taking the opportunity to stay with us.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

We spent two nights at the Pinnacle, and it was wonderful. We took the advice of previous reviewers and spent a few dollars more for a harbor view, and it was well worth it. We asked for a higher floor when we made the reservation, and we were rewarded with a room on the 8th floor. The harbor is bustling with large ships all day, and is spectacular at night with the lights of the city across the water.
The pool is indeed deluxe, as is the hot jacuzzi pool and saunas. The restaurant is very pleasant. We ate there for breakfast and dinner. The food is good- not super, and priced reasonably. The Burgoo restaurant across the street is a great choice for moderately priced and delicious food.
Parking is very reasonable at $11. a day. Try to park on the basement level near the red wall which is right by the elevator that takes you to the lobby.
Traffic going over the Lions Bridge to downtown is a nightmare. It was easy at 7:30 Saturday morning, but later very bad. There is a very inexpensive boat just a 5 minute walk from the hotel that can take you to downtown. It runs very frequently- several times each hour.
We plan on staying here again when we come to Vancouver. I love the more laid back atmosphere of North Vancouver as opposed to downtown. The Market is 5 minutes away, and is an interesting way to spend a little time.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments on your stay with us. Our team is very happy to hear that you enjoyed the Hotel and would recommend us to others. It also sounds like you stayed with us on a astounding day for weather. The view from our Harbour rooms is definitely incredible and made even more so if the the sunshine is cooperating.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

We just completed our first stay (one night) at the Pinnacle Hotel in North Vancouver--booked on the basis of recent Tripadvisor comments. A few hours after checkout, a message from the management suggested that I might like to share my views with Tripadvisor--which may explain why some reviews are from first-time commentators. Whether or not it is desirable for hotel managements to solicit Tripadvisor reviews, I can report, in this instance, that I would have posted my experiences without prompting. We found the Pinnacle to be an outstanding hotel property. We booked two harbour view rooms, and enjoyed the panorama across the water to downtown Vancouver. The rooms were very clean, neatly appointed and offered Keureg Coffee makers, a microwave and a refrigerator (stocked with creamer for the coffee.) The hotel offered free wireless or online access and local telephone calls without extra charge. Our King bed mattress was extremely comfortable and sleep was easy. Perhaps had the hotel been fully booked, we would have heard more sound from the corridor, but in this visit, all was peaceful. The bathrooms were modern and bright, but designed so toilet, basin and tub/shower are all open, so single usage would be the norm.

The $11 charge for parking seemed high for a suburban area, but Vancouver overall is expensive when it comes to parking. The parking area had a lift to the lobby level where one transferred to key-access controlled lifts to the residential floors. We did not use the restaurant so cannot comment on that facility.
The staff were extremely cordial and frequently offered to help us; on balance the visit was very satisfactory, and while the tariff is higher than other hotels/motels in North Vancouver, I doubt that any of them would come close to the quality of this hotel.

Visitors driving to the hotel should be aware of some oddities of access. The building fronts on Esplanade Avenue at Londale, but the lobby faces the water. Further, if one drives down Lonsdale, there is no left turn into the road passing the lobby AND a no u-turn sign at the foot of Lonsdale. So whether approaching from east or west, it would be best to turn south on Chesterfield, then left to Lonsdale and thus to the entrance. Also, there is no marked parking in front of the lobby. Nor were there any indications of where one should park while checking in. I think, on the basis of our experience, it probably would be best to drive into the garage entrance (going down) and parkiing on level 1 or 2 near the elevator and going to the lobby that way. Do not pay the parking charge at the machine; the charge will be included on the room bill.

The neighbourhood of the hotel seems quite interesting, with shops and restaurants of wide variety. The 'seabus' departs regularly from Lonsdale Quay to downtown Vancouver (near the Skytrain station). It would be fairly easy to leave one's car at the hotel and use public transit for getting round.

Room Tip: The harbour view rooms have a higher price, but the view is really nice; on the other hand, the rooms on the other side would (if the clouds have not socked in the view) give a sight of the mountains that hover just above North Vancouver.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
CMcJannet, Director of Sales at Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out such a great comment for our hotel we do appreciate your efforts and time. I am happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed our hotel. Your review is a very comprehensive account of our hotel and it does highlight some opportunities that we have to improve our arrival experience. We are currently working with the city to see what we can do for improved signage and traffic flow into our hotel. The neighbourhood around the hotel, as noted by yourself, is a very interesting one as we are just steps away from the Lonsdale Quay Market and located on the site of the historic Wallace Ship Yards. There are many options to dine in walking distance to the hotel as well as our own restaurant “The Lobby” and the aforementioned Lonsdale Quay area is a hub for public transportation in Vancouver where one can get to almost anywhere without the use of their own vehicle.

Again thank you for your review and we hope we will have you back for a future visit.

Warm Regards,

Christie McJannet
Director of Sales

Reviewed 16 March 2012

What a great hotel! Just visited with my family when we were passing through the area. Got an excellent rate, cheap parking (only $11), and a fabulous room. We stayed in mountain view, and the view was great. Ocean view can be had for on $20 extra. One other notable bonus is the pool/training area... its enormous and well-supplied. The pool feels like its 25 metres long, and fits 5 lanes. There are fitness classes going in a large studio, and a weight room accompanied by numerous cardio machines completes the area. The hotel was created for the 2010 Olympics. Very nice. Makes skipping downtown Vancouver's accomodation a great idea. We'll be back.

1  Thank JohnnyATraveller