“Best Hotel in North Vancouver”

Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in North Vancouver
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I’ve been going to this Hotel since it first opened. And I am always happy with my stay here. It’s voted #1 hotel on the north shore for a reason. The front office staff is wonderful. The hotel has a nice restaurant that is reasonably priced. I like the clean and comfortable rooms. The bed is comfortable, and there is a fridge and microwave in the room if you ever need it. If you’re a tourist, you will love the fact that you can take a quick walk to the Lonsdale Quay. You can also take the nearby SeaBus (nice little boat ride to downtown Vancouver for only a few dollars). This hotel is well managed, and well maintained.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
TimMorrison, General Manager at Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our Hotel, the staff and our facilities. We are very happy you have chosen to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Tim Morrison

Write a ReviewReviews (1,494)

Reviewed 29 August 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel, the Staff were cordial, very helpful, and knowledgeable about many things. It is in a great location (away from downtown) and my waterfront view room was a delight. I left my balcony door open so I could hear the birds (geese) in flight at dawn and dusk. The room was clean and very comfortable, I was able to get the R&R and the sight-seeing I craved. You can feel the sea breeze - oh la la!

Vancouver is an expensive city and it was helpful to have a clean fridge, microwave, & coffee maker in the room. With these I was able to store and warm up my market-bought fruits and pastries when I wanted.

I would repeat stay in the same room too.

Room Tip: Opt for the Waterfront view - great at night or during the day. You can people/boat watch from the c...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
TimMorrison, General Manager at Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Hotel, our team and the view from your room.

We look forward to welcoming you back again anytime.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

After booking and staying at a "deal" hotel nearby - we stopped in to this hotel to enjoy a drink and appetizer before leaving for a dinner reservation. The Lobby Bar is absolutely incredibly relaxing and we were amazed at the excellent and attentive service. Even though we were not staying at this hotel everyone treated us like valued guests. Our server, Michelle, went above and beyond by printing up directions to our dinner destination. If the rooms are anything like the service we received in the 2 hours we were in the Lobby Bar.... I can't wait to stay there. I was absolutely impressed by this hotel and service

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
TimMorrison, General Manager at Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the opportunity to visit our Lobby Bar while you were staying in North Vancouver. We are so happy you found us and I appreciate your compliments regarding the location and service. Our team and especially Michelle are very pleased to hear that you both enjoyed yourselves and found the experience memorable.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to stay at the Hotel and Michelle and the Lobby bar team look forward to seeing you again at the Lobby Restaurant.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

Enjoyed our stay. Great location. Breakfast was delicious. Try the crab cake Benny. The hollandaise sauce is one of the best we have ever had. Also the mango mojotos were delicious !! Room we had was tiny but very clean.

• Stayed: August 2012
TimMorrison, General Manager at Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments on your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you enjoyed your experiences and our Food and Beverage offerings in our Lobby Restaurant. Our Crab Cake Benny is definitely popular with our Guests and thank you for identifying how tasty the homemade hollandaise sauce is. Our Chefs will be very pleased to receive your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

I booked this hotel using reviews from tripadviser. We enjoyed the hotel. The room was very nice and clean. There was a fridge, microwave and coffee maker which was a nice surprise. We had a room with sea view and it was wonderful. During the day there was a little noice from the harbor but that seemed to be earsed when I woke up with the sounds of the seabirds and the beauty of the ocean.The only thing was that you need to carry out furniture from the room to sit on your deck. We used and enjoyed the exercise room. There are also classes that you can book into in advance. The indoor pool and hot tub are very nice We didn't eat at the hotel but I was told by locals that the food is great. We ate locally and had some wonderful meals. The front desk gave us good advice on restaurants we could walk to. Yes you pay for parking at this hotel but $11 a day is not too bad. You can stay at this hotel and be in downtown Vancouver enjoying the city in 30 minutes by car, bus or seabus. There are many restaurants in the area and great public transportation. I will be back.

Room Tip: book a seaview room it is worth the extra fee.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for providing your comments on your recent stay. Our team is very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the view from your room a highlight. The Lower Lonsdale community is a fantastic area and I thank you for recognizing this.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 25 August 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Although this lovely new hotel has a great location I would not stay here again. After making my booking 3 days in advance, for 3 nights, i arrived at 2:00am to find my reservstion had been cancelled. No apologies. Just excuses. However, Although the hotel was full, after a lengthy wait I did manage to procure my original room. But at a higher price than I was quoted when I reserved it Further I was told that I MAY be able to stay the 3 nights, "might", but id have to switch rooms each night. When i questioned any of these problems, instead of apologizing, or even giving me the previosly agreed upon rate of 9$ less, (if only for my inconvenience) both clerks chose to argue. over $9!! "ain't nobody got time fo this :)" $9!!!! I chose to check out in the morning. ...also the underground parking is a joke. The key to open the gate is on the passenger side. And is NOT sensor activated. One must get out of ones car, use key to open gate, and RUN back to drivers seat or the door is already closing again ...oh, The address cannot be found yet on gps.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank berrypocket

Dear Guest,

Thank you for for providing your feedback on your recent stay and I am sorry to hear you encountered some issues while you were here. Our team takes great pride delivering memorable experiences for our guests and clearly we failed on the occasion of your visit. I have discussed the issues you have brought up with our team and we have committed to address them immediately and proactively. As well thank you for your comments on our parking lot security gate as it points out a need to increase the delay time on the closing of the gate.

Thank you again for providing your feedback and we hope you that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Vancouver
Lonsdale Quay Hotel
#4 of 10 in North Vancouver
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North...
#2 of 10 in North Vancouver
Downtown
The Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront
North Vancouver Hotel
#6 of 10 in North Vancouver
Best Western Capilano Inn & Suit...
#3 of 10 in North Vancouver
Downtown
Coast Coal Harbour Hotel by APA

Been to Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier? Share your experiences!