“An excellent property”

Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in North Vancouver
Reviewed 11 October 2012

We wanted to explore a couple of tourist attractions on North Vancouver prior to joining a cruise, so booked a harbour view room for couple of nights at this hotel. We weren’t sorry. The room and views across the harbour to Vancouver were terrific. The room was beautifully furnished and was equipped with bar fridge, microwave, coffee making machine, free wi-fi. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom well equipped with toiletries and good quality towels. We used the restaurant for breakfast and were served with an excellent meal by friendly staff. The hotel is an ideal location to use as a base for exploring North Vancouver and we were only sorry we couldn’t stay longer.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a harbour view room
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
TimMorrison, General Manager at Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for providing your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you would recommend our Hotel to others for the well though out facilities, location and the friendliness of the staff. Our team takes great pride in striving to exceed expectations and they will be very pleased to receive your comments regarding their welcoming and friendly demeanor.

We look forward to welcoming you back again..

Reviewed 11 October 2012

My wife and I (early 60's Australians) stayed here for 5 nights commencing September 26, 2012. We found all aspects excellent, front desk staff, room and housekeeping, can't comment on the restaurants as we didn't use them. We upgraded (plus $20 CND) from a mountain view room to harbour view and were pleased we did, the view was good to wake up to each morning as were the early evenings and evenings from the balcony. A microwave and capsule coffee maker were installed. Ideally located a short walk from the Seabus Terminal and Lonsdale Quay Market, try the Soup Meister, excellent. The Pinnacle is centrally located to the shops and restaurants nearby, try the Greek restaurant, Anatoli which we found to be very very good, generous servings and value for money, and it is a short walk to Avis if a rental car is required. Handy to the bus terminal at Lonsdale Quay where you can access the government bus to Grouse Mountain and Capilano, a very economical method of transport. Certainly can recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: We were advised the harbour view rooms were quiet, ours was 813, no icemaking machine on the eighth...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing you comments on your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Hotel, staff and the Location. Thank you as well for your great recommendation on the view as I definitely don't get tired of the beautiful perspective of the city from this side of the water.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 9 October 2012

I had a great room for three nights and parked my vehicle in their underground parking garage which cost me $11 a day. On the second night my GPS unit was stolen. I expected that there would be some kind of security considering the cost and the gated entrance but I was wrong. Instead of offering a discount for parking or some kind of room rate reduction, they only offered to call the police for me.

Room Tip: I had the room on the "mountain side" and on the fourth floor that was kind of loud if you...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
TimMorrison, General Manager at Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your comments on your most recent stay. I am very sorry to hear about your loss of your GPS unit in our parking Garage. We do have security patrols through the parking garage at night and a security gate that is closed at 11:00pm although on your recent visit these controls did not work in avoiding the theft from your car. I also apologize that you did not receive the follow-up and care you deserve from our front desk team. I have followed up with the team with regards to your comments and we will ensure that we are more understanding and helpful in cases of this nature in the future. Please also be advised that we have informed the local police to let them know that an undesirable is in the area and our entire team has also been put on alert to this occurrence.

Thank you again for staying with us and providing your comments and please be assured we are better prepared to assist in situations like this. As well at your convenience please contact me personally as I would like the opportunity to apologize personally. Contact details: tmorrison@pinnalceatthepier.com

Reviewed 2 October 2012

We stayed at the Pinnacle Hotel as a weekend daycation in celebration of my boyfriend's birthday on September 28th. The $240+taxes room fee a night for a quayside, harbour view ws well worth it. The only thing missing were some chairs to sit on the patio to soak it all up. We ended up moving some inside furniture to enjoy our patio view in comfort. The bed was large and comfy. There was an in house coffee maker with the pod style coffee in both caf/decaf. They had plenty of fresh cremers in the fridge too. The room also had a microwave and access to complimentary Wifii. The quality control of the room appliances was poor. The bathroom hairdryer only worked on the lowest speed. The high speed sounded like it was overheating. I ended up having to needlessly low speed dry my hair. At the room rate I was expecting more.

We were asked if we wanted a Saturday morning newspaper on our Friday night check in and we said yes. It was never delivered so be weary of this service if you're an avid news reader.

Also although the amentities are excellent--i.e. 4 lane, indoor lap pool, hot tub, steam room, sauna and gym, on the Saturday morning we went down there, all 3 lanes of the pool were occupied for a large swim class with instructor, so only lane 4 was open for guests. You are also sharing with all the residents that also share residency in the hotel on the owner occupied side of the hotel called the "pinnacle residences" for the gym, pool, hot tub, steam room, sauna etc.. The gym, pool views have large windows of the outside ocean and vancouver city scape which absolutely stunning to look at it. There is also a large patio to enjoy just outside of the indoor pool.

Vending machines are only on certain floors--4th and 6th to be specific of the total 7 floors. You don't have to share elevators with the resident side of the building either so that's great.

Also the hotel parking IS NOT free. I believe its $11.00. The hotel offers complimentary bikes to explore the city on (including helmets and bike locks);however, it's capped at 2hours.

All in all the range of amentities, the spectacular harbourside views(in order to get the views reserve the harbour side otherwise you'll be stuck on the mountain side which would not be worth it), the accessbility to downtown Vancouver via the Sea Bus (just next door at the Quay) which will get you there in 12 minutes. The Sea bus runs every 15 minutes during the day and then later at night every 30 minutes.

All in all if you want the ocean views, the convenience of accessing the downtown core, but without the downtown Vancouver ocean view prices at comparable hotels, stay on this side of the water. You'll quite easily save $200/night quite easily.

Honestly, if I could purchase this room at a slightly cheaper rate per night, I'd go back again just to wake up and fall asleeps to the dream oceanside/city views!

Room Tip: Harbour side only.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
TimMorrison, General Manager at Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to spend your boyfriends birthday with us and for providing such a thorough review of our property. I am very happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay, our incredible view, the high number of amenities and the well appointed Guest room.

Thank you as well for passing on your feedback regarding a few service issues you encountered during your stay. As our Guest during the check in process we confirm with our Guests if they would like newspaper service. This process has been highly successful in reducing unnecessary waste although it is not successful if we are not accurately providing the service. I have followed up with our Front Office Manager regarding this issue to ensure checks are in place to ensure rooms are not missed when newspaper service has been requested. Regarding the Hair dryer, I have reviewed the hair dryers with our Executive Housekeeper and he has confirmed that the hair dryers are loud when they are on the high setting. As this is the first time I have received a complaint regarding the noise we will continue to monitor this issue to see if it is common and we need to replace what we are currently using.

Thank you again for providing your feedback and when you do stay with us again please do not hesitate to contact our Guest Services team as we are here to assist you in ensuring your stay is a memorable.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

We stayed at the Pinnacle for 1 night in July the staff were very friendly and accomadating. The room was very clean and well appointed and the pool area was very nice and well maintained.
The best part was the amazing view of the harbour and downtown Vancouver from our room especially at night!
There are a lot of small shops and restaurants in the area within walking distance.
We will certainly stay at the Pinnacle again whenever in Vancouver!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for providing your comments on your recent stay. I am very pleased you hear that you enjoyed your room, the view and our services.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

This is our fourth or fifth stay at the Pinnacle Hotel in North Vancouver, B.C. and it really does get better each time. This review is very simple, if you are staying on the North Shore, and want a terrific place to stay at excellent prices, I highly recomend the Pinnacle. In summary, I can say that the rooms are immaculately clean, very well appointed and comfortable. If you are on the harbour side, you get wonderful views of the ocean and the Vancouver skyline.
The lobby bar and restaurant have terrific service and the menu is top of the mark for a "family" restaurant. This most recent trip, saw us staying for about five nights and the room rate averaged $200.00 Cdn. per night. Parking is underground and is self parking. The rate was $11.00 per night extra.
Staff, service, quality and cleanliness are all top drawer and i give this hotel an easy nine out of ten.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the harbour side and on the 6th floor or above.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
TimMorrison, General Manager at Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your loyalty and for providing your comments on your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your experiences and I will ensure to pass on your comments to our team. As a frequent visitor and user of our restaurant I appreciate your positive feedback on the food, service and family atmosphere. It is through comments from our Guests that we can gauge how we are doing and it is great to know that you have found your experiences positively memorable.

Thank you again for staying with us for your fifth time and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if ever I can do anything to make your stay more enjoyable.

Tmorrison@pinnacleatthepier.com

Reviewed 18 September 2012

This is one of the nicest hotels that I have stayed at and was very good value. I stayed in one of the harbour-side rooms on the top floor. It had exceptional views of the harbour that could be enjoyed day and night. The hotel is a short 12 minute ferry ride from downtown Vancouver (runs every 15 mins during day, every 30 mins during night until about 1am). Hotel bar/restaurant are also excellent - much better than the restaurants I went to elsewhere in Vancouver. Would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for a harbour-side room. Would be a waste to stay at this hotel without a room...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
TimMorrison, General Manager at Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for providing your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you found the hotel and our services including our restaurant to be outstanding.

The exceptional view is awaiting your return and our team looks forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Vancouver
Lonsdale Quay Hotel
#4 of 10 in North Vancouver
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North...
#2 of 10 in North Vancouver
Fairmont Waterfront
#12 of 92 in Vancouver
North Vancouver Hotel
#6 of 10 in North Vancouver

Been to Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier? Share your experiences!