“A caring hotel”

Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in North Vancouver
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I arrived with a newly sprained ankle two hours before check in and Ralph got my granddaughter and me in our room an hour early and then proceeded to get ice and apply it. He drove to get elastic bandage etc. In the morning Sebastian drove a distance to get me crutches. I had to cancel my dinner reservations but room service provided us with good meals. Combine this level of service, a congenial staff, excellent beds, a pool with swim lanes was enjoyed by my granddaughter (but wished there had been a water slide), and a wonderful location on the north shore and one has a perfect retreat while in Vancouver. Six thumbs up!!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Petr F, General Manager at Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you for your great review, I will share your comments with Ralph and Sebastian. We have an amazing hospitality team here at our hotel.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,463)

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel was a wonderful choice for location and ALL of the staff were simply wonderful! The harbor view was exceptional but the balcony was small so standing was the only option but it was nice to have. The rooms were lovely and the glass bathroom was a nice touch. Only 2 downsides: maintenance banging and fixing other rooms at 9:30am on Sunday when we wanted to sleep in and tv stations did not come in due to some sort of satellite issue. The room rate of this hotel (plus $14.00 per day parking) is too pricey not to have everything in working order.

I would definitely stay here again because of the friendly, helpful and professional staff as well as the center of everything location. Overall this hotel is lovely but again, a bit pricey...but excellent staff like theirs is definitely worth it!

• Stayed: August 2014
Petr F, General Manager at Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you for your review and vote of confidence. Will share your feedback with our team. My apologies for the TV satellite issue, engineering is looking into it.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Hotel on waterfront Northn.Vancouver. Fabulous view of ships, and harbour and vancouver skyline. Room light and airy, well designed. Nice restaurant, well lit parking. Staff very helpful. This hotel is located near my sisters so it's location is especially good for me, but it is right by the sea bus so easy to get across to Vancouver.

Room Tip: Ask for waterfront room every time!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you, and yes our views from the harbor side rooms are absolutely spectacular.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

One of the nicest hotels rooms I have ever stayed in. Exceptionally clean and comfortable. Front desk and restaurant staff were awesome! The rooms were spotless and the beds were so comfortable. Very impressive and great view! Easy to get across to DT Vancouver!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Petr F, General Manager at Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you for your AMAZING! review,

Petr Frcek

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed for two nights at this hotel and found it excellent from the moment we arrived until our departure. We were warmly welcomed and our room was spacious, comfortable, extremely clean and had a terrific view from its balcony of downtown Vancouver. During our check-in, I was asked if our visit was for a special occasion and mentioned that that day was my wife's birthday. Soon after we got settled in our room, a plate of chocolate covered strawberries were sent up to us compliments of the management -- wishing her a happy birthday. The pool and health facilities were first rate -- in fact, in all my travels I have never seen an indoor pool as large as the one at this hotel. Because the commuter ferry from North Vancouver to downtown Vancouver docks only a block or so away from the hotel, access to the city is very easy. I should also add there are a number of very good restaurants within easy walking distance to this hotel. In short, this is a first class property and we would definitely stay here again the next time we are in Vancouver.

Room Tip: Ask for/book a room on as high of floor as possible looking out toward downtown Vancouver. Note tha...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback, much appreciated

Petr Frcek

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I was in charge of organizing our group of 15 people to travel to Vancouver for business meetings over 4 days and found this hotel to be quick in response to our request, as well as extremely accommodating to our unique needs. They were fantastic to work with not only on the property, but also helping us make reservations and organizing activities in the Vancouver area. The hotel was spotless, the bartender made wonderful libations, the food was exceptional (not your usual "conference chicken"), and I've never slept better in any other hotel. Rates were competitive and easy to book. Members of my group commented on the terrific experience they had during their stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Petr F, General Manager at Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for the 5-star review! Glad your business meeting went well and you and your group did enjoyed our hospitality.

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed on a higher floor with a balcony and water view - well worth it!

We really liked the layout of the room; especially the glass dividing wall between the bathtub and bed (with blinds - if required) which opened up the bathroom, as well as being a nice touch for couples.

Being there for the Friday night markets was wonderful - so much food and atmosphere plus the live music until about 10pm.

The pool was not what I was expecting for a boutique hotel: a sporty-looking functional pool rather than a resort style horizon pool. Beyond looks, I enjoyed having a functional pool for some laps. The gym was well equipped for a boutique hotel (with no free weights) and there looked to be a great fitness class schedule aswell.

Finally the breakfast was a la carte. I highly recommend the crab cakes with poached eggs. Given the a la carte menu, they could have been benefited from an additional staff member. However service was very friendly.

We had a wonderful overnight get away and would do it again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Petr F, General Manager at Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for your great review. Yes our fitness and pool area is really fantastic and very functional. Hope you will visit us again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Vancouver
Lonsdale Quay Hotel
#4 of 10 in North Vancouver
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North...
#2 of 10 in North Vancouver
North Vancouver Hotel
#5 of 10 in North Vancouver
Downtown
The Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront
Best Western Capilano Inn & Suit...
#3 of 10 in North Vancouver
Downtown
Coast Coal Harbour Hotel by APA

Been to Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier? Share your experiences!