“consistently okay, very tender arni psito lamb”
Review of Kostas Taverna - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kostas Taverna
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Kostas is one of those restaurants that you go to dozens of times and have the same thing over and over - because it is good.
In this case, the arni psito slow roasted lamb. Served the usual Greek style with pita, salad, rice and potato, it never fails.
Add in the delicious prawns ala pan with it's sweet tomato and onion sauce you have a perfect dinner.
The saganaki is also worth having - just because it is so good.
I've been before, and will continue to drop in for the same thing - because it is so tender and good.

There are newer reviews for Kostas Taverna

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Our family went there for dinner yesterday. It was very quiet, maybe would have like some greek music... The food was very fresh and tasty. The menu is fairly big.
We had calamari and souvlakis. Those are offered in many choices of meat and sea food. They are served with roasted patatoes, greek salad, rice. tzatsiki and pita.
There are not many restaurants in Deep Cove. This is a good choice for a resonable price.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

My family of 5 just finished hiking Lynn Canyon and we were ready for lunch. Stopped in at this place and I was wildly impressed by the kind service, the clean family friendly atmosphere and of course the food was adsolutely amazing. I have been to many Greek restaurants ( in Sacramento,ca) and Kostas Taverna shot to the top of my list. The menu has something for everyone. The portions are generous and the food is fresh. I felt a sadness as I left knowing that there wasnt a restaurant like this where I live. Definitely stop here for a bite to eat if you get a chance.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

This is a great little Greek restaurant in my neighborhood, family run with great food and very good prices. They have all the usual Greek dishes and make some of the best Hummus around!
I have been eating here at least 2 times a month for years and it is very consistent. Next time you are coming down from skiing Mt.Seymour, stop in and try it out.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

Great neighbourhood greek restaurant in Parkgate shopping Centre, family run and very cozy atmosphere. The menu has all the usual greek specialties, souvlakis, roast lamb and saganaki, and a good selection of well known greek dishes. Prices are reasonable and service is friendly (often one person in the front and one cook) and it's also good for ordering take out.
We have dined here regularly over the years and find it good for those nights when we don't know what we want to eat and don't want to cook or wash dishes!