“Worst Western”

Best Western Capilano Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in North Vancouver
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I usually have positive experiences with Best Western, but this one is below the norm in my opinion. It's not really bad and the location and price is decent. But overall this place is below the midrange standards. Rooms are small-ish and there is no fridge, which is kind of a rarity in this range. Also the aircon is from the 70's and makes a lot, and I mean a lot, of noise. So better to open windows you think....yes possible, but it opens up just a bit, so not enough fresh air in the room. Also the service at the reception is just average and not very friendly.
It does the job if there are no other good options in this price range, but I wouldn't recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 September 2013

The rooms are better than they look from the outside. The room was clean and comfortable. But the outside looked bad. this is an old hotel. It is on a busy road and is very noisy. I mean VERY noisy. We were in a room near the front of the motel. Rooms in the back part may not be as noisy. But I would look for another motel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I have stayed at about 6-8 different hotels in the Vancouver area. And in my mind..this is the best bang for the buck there is. I have not been to the YWCA yet which is usually full too....my room on the lower level was very clean, not smelly at all, two great double size beds...great sleep and the pool was warm. Did not do breakfast there...but I definately will be back there when I can.
Michelle at the front desk applied my stay to my Best Western account without my asking..she told me she did and it informed me what radio station to listen to to get back across the border to the
US where I live. cannot get nicer then this

Room Tip: dont book a room at another hotel...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Very good price...though sadly not including breakfast which is available but pricey and not particularly good. Having slept in various accommodation over a 3 week trip in the USA and Canada, these beds seemed to suit me much better than most others. Lots of good pillows! Would come here again if I was in the area. A fridge in the room would be good. Very convenient for a Grouse Mountain visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We have been coming to this motel for the past 10 years and noticed it is looking tired. Rooms could use some fresh paint etc, T V signal (non HD) and air conditioning from the last century. Pool opens too late at 10:00 A M.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We were welcomed warmly and were taken care of. The woman at the front desk made it special for us by recommending some great places to eat and offered help on directions and much more. She was so helpful it made us feel cared for. Nice work!

The room was clean, very. Nice strong WiFi. The A/C was nice and cold! (Awesome!) The beds were fine. Clean and comfy enough for a tired couple of travelers, as we were.

I'd stay here again when in town. They were reasonable prices, with our AAA discount, we found nothing more affordable for what we got.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Upon arriving at this hotel, we were greeted in a very friendly manner by the desk agent. Our room was super spacious and the king sized bed was incredibly comfortable. Kind of pricey, but there was a pool and the room was very clean.

Only problem we had was that we were there for three days and couldn't find a "do not disturb" sign to hang on the door. The maids were banging on the door to come in fairly early and we were still in bed.... not a huge issue whatsoever but would have been nice to have not been awakened as we were exhausted and on vacation.....

Would definitely stay there again ....

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Vancouver
North Vancouver Hotel
#6 of 10 in North Vancouver
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North...
#2 of 10 in North Vancouver
Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier
#1 of 10 in North Vancouver
South Main
Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel

Been to Best Western Capilano Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!