“Great Location for young families”

Comfort Inn and Suites North Vancouver
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in North Vancouver
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I was visiting family over Christmas time and stayed at this hotel because of it's location to really fun things for my daughter to do. We rode the Christmas train in Stanley Park, walked the swinging suspension bridge which was covered with a ton of lights in a beautiful forest and took the skyride up the mountain to visit Santa and his Reindeer. I found this hotel was really close to all the things any family would love to do in the City.

Room Tip: I like the little fridges in the room to store snacks for my daughter.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 January 2013

This hotel is situated in North vancouver right at the Lion Gate bridge exit. The hotel is just 3 minutes away from the Capilano Suspension bridge, 5 minutes to Downtown Vancouver, 3 minutes away from Stanley Park, 10 minutes drive up to Grouse Mountain and right beside the 99 highway. Because of its great location, we got to see so many things in downtown vancouver and many sightseeing place around vancouver. The hotel room are very clean and the cleaning staff did a great job tiding up and cleaning up our room every day. The place also has a fantastic breakfast (Egg/Sausage) and the staff are very friendly. During our stay, we got to going in and out of downtown vancouver for dinner and movie with just 5 minutes drive. We also got to drive around the outskirt of vancouver to see the Suspension bridge, Grouse Mountain, Cyrpess Mountain and easly get on to the 99 Highway to Whistler. It is a great family hotel with a super friendly staff, You will definitely get great bang for your money.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in December and although we booked it through Hotels.com, they were still going to give us a very comparable rate if we wanted to stay another night. We requested a room away from the road, and so we were given a room facing the inner courtyard. The room was very nice, clean, quiet, with all the amenities you can expect from this level and style of hotel. Staff were very courteous and very helpful. Breakfast is provided and is overall quite good although I think they use powdered eggs! All-in-all, no complaints.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room, ask for a room facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2012

This hotel would be five star within its class (under $90) but giving it four stars is generous enough when Trip Advisor does not distinguish between a four star economy hotel and a four star luxury hotel. There is a difference. Anyway, this is an older property, showing obvious signs of age, like cracked kitchen tile floors. BUT, the owners clearly have great pride in their establishment as it is as well maintain as it can be for an older property. Staff is very friendly too, especially Eri, the morning desk clerk. Some of the rooms have exterior doors opening to a parking lot, but there are some rooms opening to an indoor courtyard which was already decorated for christmas. It was a nice touch. They also one computer terminal and printer for hotel guests to use. Small, older, but perfectably serviceable. Free breakfast is the standard Comfort Inn fare -- waffles, bagels, yogurt, cereal, pre-made danishes, some really nice mini-cupcakes (poppyseed was yummy), and some slabs of egg and sausage purely for protein intake. Locale is great too. Just two minutes off the Lion's Bridge, it provides access to Stanley Park, downtown Van, chinatown, West Van, and grousse mtn in a matter of minutes. Free parking too, but no fitness center to my knowledge. I wish the owners well.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I stayed here in May - last minute reservation via Hotwire. I needed a place to stay on the North shore that was close to the hospital and this location was perfect. Less than a 10 minute drive and affordable. I checked in shortly after 10pm for my one night stay. Ihe front desk staff was efficient and welcoming.
It was clean, quiet and comfortable. I had a room near the back of the property - top floor as requested. The free parking is a plus for me. So appreciated that.
The complimentory breakfast was just what I wanted... nothing too elaborate but that was half a year ago and there have been improvements since then. "Branka" the hostess for the breakfast was extremely gracious and informed me that the Comfort Inn was undergoing some major changes to offer more options.
I would definately stay here again

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I travel a lot. My stay at this comfort Suites made it a memorible trip. Too bad it rained so much. The coffee was great. The rooms were clean. I liked the large bathroom counter space.I wish there was a larger selection of restaurants.

Room Tip: I had room 117 which was away from the traffic noise. The 2 queen bed rooms seemed larger.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank 220ERI
Reviewed 13 October 2012

We stayed here two nights, the reception staff were quick and polite, the room was large and clean, including the bathroom. The complimentary breakfast was excellent, kept clean and restocked all the time. The one problem we did have, (TV not working) was quickly sorted out by the Manager (malfunctioning remote) who was most apologetic. Great service all round. Great location for city and visitor attractions, good parking. We have stayed here several times before over the years and will be coming back when next in Vancouver.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple