“Clean, family friendly”

Comfort Inn and Suites North Vancouver
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in North Vancouver
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I was a little concerned about cleanliness based on some reviews I read, but the room, bedding and linens were clean. The location was great for the sights we wanted to see in Vancouver and area. The pool was a little chilly for my liking, but my daughter and other children had a lot of fun with it. It wasn't too deep (4ft) which was great - they could swim but didn't have to worry about their safety. I would definitely stay there again if we make it that way.

The only drawback was the continental breakfast was very busy and small for the number of people that needed to get in/out... The food was fine but people have a tendency to believe their needs are more important and that led to some lack of patience on some times by others.

Room Tip: Pick a room away from the main road...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 August 2013

I've stayed at the Comfort Inn North Vancouver a number of times over the last year.

On the plus, the location is near downtown Vancouver and the staff are friendly and helpful. It is a fraction of the price of a downtown hotels, they don't nickel and dime you to death (internet, breakfast and parking are all free), and I'm not worried if my car windows will be intact the next morning. Beds and pillows are comfortable, and the neighbourhood is quiet. Some of the suites have kitchenettes. You can even borrow a pass for the gym down the street. It is busy in the summer.

However, even with all the pluses, nothing can hide the fact that it is tired looking and is in desperate need of a reno. It reminds me of the budget motels the family stayed at on road trips in the 70's. So if you are looking for a clean, safe budget hotel for the family near downtown Vancouver, this is the way to go. If you are expecting an updated hotel at bargain prices, you will be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Stayed here for two nights. It's a motel-style layout (not hotel), older building, but our room was recently renovated and clean. Staff was helpful and friendly. It was a busy time, so parking was at a premium, but areas are well lit. Good value for the price. We'd stay there again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

Ok for a cheap and cheerful stay, room was clean, but we had smokers outside. Nice pool, brekkie standard for Comfort Inn, staff helpful and friendly, especially when hair dryer blew up. Location ok for outside Downtown Van City. Would stay again

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Comfort Inn & Suites North Vancouver is a motel, it is not a hotel. So now that we've cleared the air, I can continue with my review. I have nothing negative to say about the MOTEL, but it is what it is. They tried very hard with the breakfast and the courtyard, but it is a motel. If you think that a motel is what you like, then is OK, but if motel is not what you like, then I think that this is not your cup of tea.
PROS: It is close to Lynn Canyon, Stanley Park and Grouse Mtn...
CONS: well..

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We stayed at this location for 2 nights on this part of our trip & were returning for 3 more nights 3 nights later .There were no fridges in the room & the breakfast area was extremely small for the size of the motel .Gregg was very helpful at setting up our next stay there so we had a room with a fridge & also a working A/C.He was also very helpful with directions to some of the attractions in the city & very pleasant about it .When we were checking out from our first stay ,one of the managers from the U.S was there & when I told him The A/C in our room wasn't working the girl said they had known about it for a couple of months & hadn't got around to fixing it.On our second stay things were much better in a different room.

Room Tip: Make sure to check if there are fridges in the rooms & the location of the room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This proved a good choice for an inexpensive stay in the Vancouver area. It was closer to downtown, even dealing with the Lion's Gate Bridge, than, say, a place out near the airport. It was inexpensive, and having a kitchen for a few days really made things easier, since I don't want to go out to eat all the time. (I'm not as good as I should be about eating lightly in restaurants.) The rooms were okay, though tired and worn, but at the price they were quite acceptable. The only issue was that one of the breakfast servers had a very different idea of what it meant to work in the hospitality industry, souring the experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Guildenstern
RoyceO, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites North Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with one of the breakfast servers. Our goal is to leave everyone smiling and well fed. I certainly hope that you will visit us again. Please book with me directly.

Daniel Clark