“Great Hotel!!”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in North Vancouver
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
“Great Hotel!!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights to be closer to the mountains. Prior to this we stayed in a 4 star hotel downtown. We liked this hotel over the one downtown. The rooms were very comfortable.It even has a small kitchen (no stove). The service is excellent. Close to highway.It it's a bit over priced for the stars and location but is it a good hotel. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We chose this because it was out of town where prices were so much higher and made for easy access to attractions and sea to sky highway to whistler. Desk staff member gentleman who checked us in was so helpful. Gave us dining list and recommended two both of which we tried and have reviewed in here. They were great. The small bar in the hotel has a very informed and chatty proprietor/barman (do have at least one to support local small businesses). Great selection of malts and other good spirits and local brews. For me I was delighted to have sparkling wine available. Hotel rooms spacious (we had a standard queen and do book early of you want a standard king there are only five in the hotel). There are king suites however. Standard room had good size fridge and micro plus a keurig coffee maker. No proper glasses but china mush for hot drinks. Little shop nearby if you want provisions as no breakfast incl as standard. Dining on site and really. Ice pool area and outdoor area if nice weather. Great access on and off highway. Would use this again and recommend if you don't need to be right in downtown. We were leaving for Seattle at end of stay so good for roads out of Canada too.

Room Tip: Book early if you want a standard king only five in total
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had an excellent 2 nights. The lobby, elevators and room were lovely and clean and close to Seymour Pub for a great song "bingo" night and good food. We've stayed prior to this and will do it again! Thank you.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Bellingham
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My son and I stayed here while we played in a golf tournament and thought it exceeded our expectations. Hotel is newer and clean. Lobby and restaurants are better than you would expect.

Staff was excellent. We had TV problems. They sent a person from maintenance to replace it within minutes. The TV still was shutting on and off... so they upgrade us to a better room and gave us $20 breakfast voucher without even complaining.

I would stay here again. Well run hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is a decent hotel with nice rooms and pleasant grounds. The location is somewhat isolated but is adjacent to Highway 1 so you can get around town quickly. The wonderful Lynn Canyon Park is also close by for those who have some free time. There is a family style restaurant onsite as well as a nice looking bar. Adjacent to the hotel is a bar with good food and a beer/wine store. The workout facility and pool were clean but fairly average.

Our room was fairly large and had a decent layout, and the bathroom had a large counter. I saw a negative review regarding internet service, but we didn't have any issues. Free parking is nice but to be expected given the location. The only negative I had was the staff didn't seem overly friendly and welcoming (other than the maintenance guy who responded to a small issue almost immediately). Overall it is a fine place to stay on the North Shore.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 31 July 2014

It appears that every time I stay in a Holiday Inn, I learn something new.
I booked for 11 night in the HI North Vancouver. Upon check-in, as usual, my credit card was pre-authorised for part of the stay, and every night the amount for the next night was pre-authorised. Nothing unusual thus far. But on day 8 of our stay, I found a letter from the guest service manager Marierose A. at my room door, informing me that Holiday Inn has a “house limit” of $CAD1000 and they are asking for interim payment. Despite a successful pre-authorisation of the credit card, guaranteeing the payment. That is indeed something new. I had several stays with other hotel chains, by far exceeding the equivalent of CAD$1000, and never been asked for interim payment. So the guest service distrusts customers above CAD$1000? A request for information from the IHG Global Care returned a superficial response “…apologize for the inconvenience”. After a disastrous experience with a smelly and noisy room at a HI in Italy recently and this act of distrust now, I will just use up all my collected IHG points and then delete this hotel chain off my list for good. I am happy to take my business where it is more appreciated than at the IHG chain.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bpo-spam
holidaynorthvan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear bpo-spam

Please accept my sincere apologies again for the poor customer experience you had with our Hotel's credit policy. It was certainly not the intention of our Guest Service Manager to show any disrespect or mistrust by sending you the letter.
I am deeply sorry that you have been offended and I will contact you directly to explain our procedures in more detail to clear any misunderstandings.
Once again, on behalf my my entire team and the IHG chain, I am truly sorry.

C. Alam
GM
Farmington Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 28 July 2014

It was reasonably priced and offers a good, safe stay for visit to Vancouver. Especially for families with children. Downtown hotels should be more fun and exciting definitely but they are also more expensive. Parking is free in this hotel. There are no restaurants in the walking distance except for the one within the hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Lonsdale Quay Hotel
Lonsdale Quay Hotel
#4 of 10 in North Vancouver
Best Western Capilano Inn & Suites
Best Western Capilano Inn & Suit...
#3 of 10 in North Vancouver
#57 of 90 in Vancouver
Travelodge Vancouver Lions Gate
Travelodge Vancouver Lions Gate
#9 of 10 in North Vancouver

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver? Share your experiences!