“You get what you pay for - Zero view and Zero amenities”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in North Vancouver
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Expedia reviews had glowing reports about this hotel and in the past it had a local reputation as very good - and set, as it is on the stunning north shore waterfront one would expect nice rooms taking advantage of great views.
But. I needed a room for one night and was surprised at the $62 a night rate - thinking it was a last minute bargain I grabbed it. When I arrived I was sent to a tiny dark ground floor room with a growling under window AC/Heating unit with a view out to a sidewalk and the wall of a really ugly office building. The room was on a par with a very basic roadside motel. It should be noted there is no room service, no restaurant, no nothing. A request for a cork screw from the front desk was treated as unreasonable and came up empty. It's true there are restaurants in the area and it's close to the Seabus to get downtown but after hours you will be out of luck. Overnight parking is fairly cheap at 12$

Room Tip: Insist on a view- don't assume you will get one - better still stay across the street at the new...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mrhullaballo
Farah S, General Manager at Lonsdale Quay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for advising us of your stay. You purchased a standard city view room, with no water view. We have a small number of rooms that do not have any views, and the room type you booked was indicated on Expedia.
Also, we are located in a public market, with over 40 food options to choose from. There is also an onsite restaurant, and right across the street, more than a dozen awesome food options to suit every taste. Also, the last Seabus is at
Midnight. After that, there is a bus that brings you straight from the downtown core to Lonsdale Quay.
I’m glad that you received the great rate, and hope that next time you’ll consider booking a room with a view as we are right on the water.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I had planned a getaway for February 2014 for Vancouver. I had originally intended to stay on a promo I had received from one of my credit card companies at another hotel in the downtown waterfront district, however when I received an e-mail Group deal offer for a deal at the Lonsdale Quay for a package that included 1 night, breakfast, and a bottle of sparkling wine for $125.00 per night, I called to see if they had any availability for my dates. They indicated that they did, and that they would honor the Group discount rate without me actually having to purchase the Group coupon. The reservation was made over the phone and a confirmation for 2 nights for $250.00 (plus taxes) was e-mailed to me.
As usual I hit the review websites to check out the hotel reviews. I must need to learn to be more picky because I cannot find fault with the hotel or the deal that I received.
I arrived mid morning and my room was not ready but I had plans away from the hotel and let the front desk take my suitcase until I came back later at around 6 PM. Getting to this hotel is easy from the airport. The Canada Line train transferring to the Seabus at Waterfront Station costs $7.75 and I was at the hotel within about 45 mins.
I came back to check in at 6:30 pm and my suitcase had been delivered to my room. I had hinted that I really wanted a harbour view room and was advised that my room would have a bit of a view. The room itself has contemporary décor, a covered patio with a bistro table and chair set and windows that open. There is a view of the Lions Gate bridge and you can see the harbour and inlet from the room that I had which was at the end of the hallway on the left hand side. In the room was a queen bed, leather sofa, desk and chair, flat screen tv, clock radio with ipod/pad/phone docking station, water cooler, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, robe, and free wifi. The hotel offers parking for $12.00 per night. The bathroom design is also contemporary and has a blow dryer and real conditioner, (not that “conditioning shampoo” stuff).
As per the group offer, the room also had chocolates, a bottle of Andres Canadian Sparkling and 2 champagne flutes. I did receive the 2 free breakfast vouchers. About 5 minutes after I reached the room, the front desk called to see if the room was to my liking.
I went for the free breakfast in the morning expecting it to be a free breakfast such as the Super 8 or Best Western offer. It was actually a very nice little restaurant, and you could order whatever you wished from their regular sit down menu. I ordered the meat lovers omelette and asked if they would sub the toast and hash browns with a pancake and they did at no charge. Coffee and tea are included.
The location of this hotel is great. I come to Vancouver in February and November after the cruise ship season has ended because the cost of hotels in the downtown waterfront area from May to the end of October is prohibitive. This hotel is actually in North Vancouver but the skybus ride is short and the hotel is situated in a waterfront location. The seabus is steps away. As an added bonus, this hotel is connected to the shops at Lonsdale Quay, which is like a smaller version of Granville Island. I come over here every time I come to Vancouver because they have boutiques here that I have made great finds at and I like shopping here.
This is one of the best deals I have ever found. I cannot find anything negative to say about this hotel. I usually stay at another waterfront hotel that is 5 star and a lot more expensive. This hotel has a ton of restaurant options close by, shopping that you don’t even have to put a jacket on to access, is easy to get to, and you could not beat the deal that I got this hotel stay on. Not only that, but if you check their website they have some killer last minute deals and deals wherein you can get a serious discount if you agree to forgo the daily housekeeping. This is my new favourite hotel in Vancouver.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank tjohnson_11
Farah S, General Manager at Lonsdale Quay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a favorable review! We love being your new Favorite Vancouver Hotel! I’m so glad that you took advantage of the great Groupon Deal, and had an opportunity to experience our unique property. Also, we are so happy that you enjoyed our amazing transit system, which makes downtown Vancouver so accessible! Being in a public market is also wonderful, and allows you to have that many more amenities right on site. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Vancouver!

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I had the good pleasure of staying here for a week's business in the Vancouver area. The room was large, well appointed, and very clean and comfortable. Such a nice touch to have a water cooler in the room, along with a frig and microwave. The location is simply the best - on the waterfront, close to sea bus, and within walking distance of many wonderful restaurants. The market provided tasteful and varied fare.

Room Tip: Rooms on the fourth floor have microwaves, fridges and water coolers.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Farah S, General Manager at Lonsdale Quay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. I see that you stayed in one of our Executive rooms with a water cooler. They are a great feature! We are happy that you found the rooms to be large, and well appointed.
Yes! We have great access to Vancouver, and great restaurants within minutes! We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future either for business or pleasure.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

This was our second stay at the Lonsdale Quay Hotel. The rooms are modern and nicely decorated. The staff were friendly. We didn't eat here so can't comment on the breakfast but if it is up to the standard of everything else then it should be good. Another nice feature of staying here is the easy access to downtown Vancouver via the sea bus. The underground parking which is not included seems rather expensive to me at $12 per day.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for returning to us twice! We love return guests, and always look forward to seeing you again. We are happy that you found our staff to be friendly, and , and that you found the rooms to be nicely decorated and modern.
Yes! We have great access to Vancouver, and offer great rates to save your budget for other activities! We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

“Review after 2 separate stays!”
Pending review

We have now stayed at the Lonsdale Quay Hotel twice .... The first time for 3 days in September/13 and again for 2 days in January/14.
The first stay was a 'bed and breakfast'. Our room was large, clean , with a king bed and facing east with a harbour view from a French balcony. We found the room to be very comfortable. Checkin was efficient .... The breakfasts were from the menu and excellent. The third morning however, a bird had flown into the restaurant area and because of a customer concern they closed until it could be removed back outside .... This meant we were unable to get the breakfast that day and ate elsewhere.
The second stay was facing west .... A small view of the harbour from a nice patio ... Very nice. Again the room was large with a queen bed ..... Clean and comfortable.
The rooms have a microwave, fridge, coffee machine. The cost was very reasonable. I suggest you check for specials .... We benefited from this both times.
There is underground parking for an extra fee of $12/day .... Worthwhile.
The hotel is small and located as two floors above the Lonsdale Market where shopping and food opportunities are accessible without going outside. A short walk .... 5 minutes maximum to the sea bus which can take you to downtown Vancouver.
We recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mariette d d

Dear Guest,

Thank you for returning to us twice! We love return guests, and always look forward to seeing you again. We are happy that your check in was efficient, and that you found the rooms to be very comfortable. Also, our own website has great deals, and we encourage you to always check with us prior to booking. We look forward to welcoming you back for a third stay in the near future!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

There is underground parking for an extra fee of $12/day .... Worthwhile.
We recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mariette d

Reviewed 7 January 2014

The Lonsdale Quay is quite nice! It is close to shopping and restaurants...in fact, it is attached to the public market! It is also close to the Ferry to Vancouver. It is also close to the Suspension/Expansion Bridge which was beautifully decorated with lights for the holiday!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review! We are so happy that you found the location to be nice, and the Seabus to be helpful. I see that you also went to the Capilano Suspension Bridge. The Canyon lights are beautiful during the holiday season.
We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you, back in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Vancouver
Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier
Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier
#1 of 10 in North Vancouver
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North...
#2 of 10 in North Vancouver
North Vancouver Hotel
North Vancouver Hotel
#6 of 10 in North Vancouver
Best Western Capilano Inn & Suites
Best Western Capilano Inn & Suit...
#3 of 10 in North Vancouver
Travelodge Vancouver Lions Gate
Travelodge Vancouver Lions Gate
#8 of 10 in North Vancouver
Atrium Inn Vancouver
Atrium Inn Vancouver
#60 of 92 in Vancouver

Been to Lonsdale Quay Hotel? Share your experiences!