“Ok if you don't value privacy”

Lonsdale Quay Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in North Vancouver
Reviewed 4 June 2010

The hotel is hard to find at first. It is on the top floor of the Lonsdale Quay Market, right next to the Seabus. Someone should label directions better. Or maybe I should READ them better. Anyways, the room itself is no-frillsy but nice. The bed was comfortable. There is a public walkway right outside your room (meaning ALL rooms) ,so for privacy, you have to keep the drapes closed. As a result, the room stayed rather dark, because there wasn't enough lighting inside. There also was an annoying buzz coming from the air conditioning.
The staff was very helpful and friendly. They let us keep our luggage there while we roamed around Vancouver until check in time, which was a huge plus.
Overall I would say that the experience was ok, but the next time we go to Vancouver we will probably stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank darnsuz

Reviewed 9 May 2010

I love this hotel. I love the homey rooms, the location at the quay, the neat market shops and all the restaurants so close. It's not overly expensive, the views of the harbour are lovely, and best of all the staff treat you with warmth and genuine hospitality.

Reviewed 6 May 2010

I've stayed at this hotel off and on for the last 3 years.....I love the location and the hotel, good parking, friendly staff.............but the last 2 visits weren't great....rooms weren't very clean......the last visit, believe it or not, I was given thread bare towels, one with a small hole in it..........this is what I would bath my cats with....................I would think, that they would give some sort of a written apology or discount on another stay.......they obviously don't appreciate long time patronage............I will be looking for another hotel

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank jcbwat
lqhmanager, Manager at Lonsdale Quay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2010

Dear Guest

I am sorry for your experience. We tried our very best, and our head housekeeper changed put in new bedding for you upon your arrival. You did complain previously, and we did do our best. We appreciated your patronage, and am sorry that you are going to be staying else where. I did get your comment card yesterday, and would have responded via mail if given a chance. I'm sorry that we were not given an opportunity to respond to it. We hope your future stays in N. Vancouver will be more pleasant.

Reviewed 2 May 2010

From the moment you walk in, to the moment you leave, you feel truly comfortable and at home. The rooms are spacious, and if you get a balcony room, your views of downtown Vancouver are truly inspiring, both first thing in the morning and last thing at night.

The morning after I arrived, I asked the girl at Front Desk about local transportation hours and she pleasantly greeted me by my name, before I had even asked anything - I've never experienced such attention to detail like that before at any hotel. It goes to show the level of professionalism and friendliness that you will find there.

The room was spacious, tastefully decorated and comfortable. Everything you need while you're away from home.

It is a short distance from downtown Vancouver on the Seabus, which makes the experience even more charming as you cross over the water. It is a hidden gem located above the charming Lonsdale Quay Market.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
lqhmanager, General Manager at Lonsdale Quay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2010

Thank you for your positive review. Our staff and managers take great pride in our hotel, and it is very rewarding when it is appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 16 February 2010

This is a nice older hotel right on the waterfront with a neat little shopping mall inside, nice views of the harbor; clean rooms and good service. Resturants in the market have good food but not much close or good for breakfast within walking distance.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank DougS11
Reviewed 5 February 2010

I stay at this hotel 1 night every three weeks. They staff are freiendly, and the regulars know you by name.
They have just renovated all the rooms, new carpet, upgraded washrooms as well as a new lobby and all the hallways have new carpet and wallpaper.
With the Marketplace down stairs, there is alway something great to eat. Each room has a microwave and a small fridge, so you can buy anything and either keep it cold or heat up. There are lots of restaurants within walking distance and there are buses out front that can take you to Capilano suspension bridge as well as the ski hills. Or hop of the sea bus that is right next door and take the 15 min to downtown Vancouver with all it sites.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank VictoriaBtraveler
Reviewed 3 February 2010

I have been a regular quest at this hotel for many years both for business and most recently for pleasure since retirement. I would not stay anywhere else while in Vancouver. i have ALWAYS found the staff to be helpfull, courteous and pleasant. The Genaral Manager has always gone out of her way to make sure my stay is a pleasurable one. My wife on occasion travels to Vancouver and she also would only stay at the Lonsdale Quay Hotel. Tthe mangement and staff in my humble opinion are second to none. I look forward to staying there many more times in the future.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank camelotcourtenay
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Vancouver
Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier
Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier
#1 of 10 in North Vancouver
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North...
#2 of 10 in North Vancouver
North Vancouver Hotel
North Vancouver Hotel
#5 of 10 in North Vancouver
Best Western Capilano Inn & Suites
Best Western Capilano Inn & Suit...
#3 of 10 in North Vancouver
Travelodge Vancouver Lions Gate
Travelodge Vancouver Lions Gate
#8 of 10 in North Vancouver
Atrium Inn Vancouver
Atrium Inn Vancouver
#59 of 92 in Vancouver

Been to Lonsdale Quay Hotel? Share your experiences!