Stayed here end of July 2010. Overall this hotel is great. Here are the pros/cons:
The location can't be beat. It is literally steps to the seabus, so you can just hop on and take you to DT Vancouver - no driving! It's also the hub for all the bus routes, so if you want to take in any sights (e.g. Grouse Mtn, Capilano bridge) you can hop on a bus for $2.50
The restaurant/lounge for breakfast was truly extraordinary. For $12 we each got a magnificent meal! The view of Vancouver is truly amazing.
Very quiet the entire time we were there! not a peep anywhere
It's right abover lonsdale quay market - great if you love looking at that kind of stuff, not so great if you're on the 3rd floor facing the market (we were on 4th facing water.)
Now the cons:
There is $10 parking per day. Not that big of a deal I guess considering parking overall is very expensive in metro Vancouver no matter where you are.
No spa/massage yet. I know, its a luxury, but for some of us, it's nice to have a place in the hotel that we can go to and come back. not that big of a deal anyways.
The "water view" is a view of the tugboat yard/repair shop next door. Again, not that big of a deal, but you don't want to see that - you want something prettier. We had the junior suite which was a $40 upgrade, I suppose it's even more money to get something facing west.
Overall it's wonderful - it's only 2 floors so there aren't that many people around. I would probably not stay there again, just because there are SO many options in Vancouver! but definitely top 3 for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come for the Experience! Located on the spectacular North Vancouver waterfront! The Lonsdale Quay Hotel is a gateway to Vancouver's attractions, Whistler and major North Vancouver businesses. Whether for business or pleasure, our hotel is your best choice on the north shore of Vancouver! Explore our new Executive Rooms, Junior Suites and Standard rooms! Our Waterfront Boutique property will leave you with lasting memories. Fantastic Vancouver waterfront boutique hotel located in a vibrant market and shops. Your best North Vancouver Hotel choice. Accessible to all attractions! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Lonsdale Quay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lonsdale Quay North Vancouver
- Hotel Lonsdale Quay
- Lonsdale Quay Hotel North Vancouver