“Carbs are bad”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
North Vancouver, Canada
“Carbs are bad”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

When Eastside Mario's came to North Van we decided to give it a try. Many pubs and restaurants have occupied this space over the years, which offers an amazing view of the downtown Vancouver skyline.
What can I say about Eastside Mario's?
First of all: I am biased. As a runner and someone who is pretty picky about what they eat, a pasta place is not the best bet for me. We went with my mom and brother. The endless bread was good for my brother since he apparently had a hollow leg.
The service was good.
The decor was kitschy.
The food was average.
And they emblazoned the chain's name in etched glass on the windows which slightly obscures the view.
My partner and I went again to the pub side of the establishment, to watch a bit of hockey (obviously this was last year) to see if they could redeem themselves. The tv feed was spotty, the service was somewhat lacklustre and it seemed to be industry night or something as the pub contained a handful of twenty year olds drinking a lot.
Sorry. Just not my bag.

Nanaimo, Canada
“Ridiculous”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Dry pasta, I had to ask for more sauce because it looked like it had been scraped from the bottom of an old crusty pot. After asking for the leftovers to be wrapped because the portions were huge, the server never came back with my food, but handed me a ridiculous bill. The taxes were more than what BC legally requires, and a recommended gratuity was added on the bottom of the bill. I pulled out my phone to double-check the weird taxes, and noticed that everyone had been overcharged. My advice, don't go there and if you're forced to, don't let your server take your food away, and watch the taxes as well. Gratuity's are earned, not expected. Terrible food, terrible service.

• Visited September 2012
Ottawa, Canada
“Not impressed”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Frozen peas in my pasta with a fresh market right at their door.

Visited July 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Great view”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

This restaurant is at Lonsdale Quay in North Vancouver and takes advantage of the gorgeous view across Burrard Inlet towards Vancouver. The menu is huge, the food is tasty, and the portions are large. Prices are reasonable and the lunch size options are perfect. My only complaint is that the music isn't my taste and tends to be on the loud side. Maybe I'm just getting old though....

Visited May 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“One of the best views of Vancouver”
Reviewed 24 November 2011

A family eatery the little pizzas are delicious and just the right size. With a salad we sometimes take a slice or two of our pizza home for a midnight snack !
But, the view is the best there is. You look directly across to Canada Place and the convention center. If you go a 5pm in the summer you can watch the cruise ships pull out and start their trip to Alaska - a treat.

Visited November 2011