“Nice rooms, nice house, no breakfast”

Crystal's View Vancouver Bed and Breakfast
Toronto, Canada
“Nice rooms, nice house, no breakfast”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

This place is very nice. The house and property is beautiful and the view is great.

We woke up in the morning planning to go hiking with friends. We came down from our room at 8:15 and no one was around. We had to leave half an hour later without breakfast because there was no way to contact the inn keeper and they hadn't even left out coffee or a muffin. What a waste of money this place is. Good bed, but no breakfast!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mdburgess
Crystal023, Owner at Crystal's View Vancouver Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
We are very sorry for the miscommunication .
We where told by the bride on the last day to prepare breakfast at 10:00 a.m. The bride and groom where also surprised that you left sooner. I ask them to contact you to that you are very welcome come back after hiking.
Also we are always reachable 24 hours on our main phone line. If we would be aware of any changes regarding breakfast time via e-mail or phone / you had our business card with all info /, this would never happen.To bad that we never had chance to meet because of this misunderstanding.
Sincere apologies again for the miscommunication that happen at your stay with us.
All the best,
Crystal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This place has exceeded all of my expectations. My suite (a bedroom, a living room, and a bathroom) was very private. Everything (e.g., the mattress, the chairs, the pillows, etc) in my suite was of the highest quality. The artwork on the walls was beautiful.

I really liked the location. It is not far from the downtown area, and close to many wonderful parks. The absence of noise is very important to me. I was worried that I would hear the highway. I was in my room between 6 pm and 9 am, and I am pleased to say that I haven't heard the highway at all.

Crystal is an outstanding cook. Not only did my breakfast tasted incredible and looked sophisticated and wonderful, but I didn't feel hungry for over six hours afterwards.

The owners did everything they could possible do to ensure that I would have a good stay. When I asked for an iron, explaining that I forgot to iron the shirt I was planning to wear the next day at the conference I was attending, Crystal ironed my shirt (!) When I was waiting for my credit card to be processed, Crystal's husband noticed a bald eagle flying by their windows. He quickly gave me a pair of binoculars so that I could enjoy that memorable sight.

I recommend Crystal's View Vancouver B&B to you without hesitation.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was the perfect bed & breakfast:
- owners were down to earth and very friendly
- room was spacious, clean, and comfortable
- meals were delicious and filling
- location is near several attractions

Couldn't ask for more. We will definitely be going back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We celebrated or wedding at the Crystal's View Bed and Breakfast and Crystal and John made our special day unique and unforgetable. The experience was fantastic, with incredible details and love all around. We hope to go back and stay again! thanks Crystal and John!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This was a near ideal one-night getaway for two busy UBC grad students looking to relax. The location is perfect - quiet, yet within walking distance of shops and restaurants, and close to some great hikes. We took the ferry to North Van and then the bus, which stopped only a few minute walk from the house. The owner was super friendly and the breakfast was hearty and filling. Will most likely return!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Olds, Canada
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My husband and I recently came to Vancouver to help family move and were looking online for accommodations in North Vancouver, so pleased we found Crystal's View. Crystal and John's daughter Michelle allowed us to come in early as her parents were not in til the next day. What a lovely place to stay and Crystal and John catered to our every need. We really felt like family.
It was so accessible to everything, and Crystal was so helpful with maps and recommended local eateries. Our room and ensuite more than met any expectations we may of had. The breakfast was out of this world and my husband still raves about Crystal's crepes...We also enjoyed our visits with Crystal and John over breakfast...We are looking forward to our next stay
and are referring our other family to enjoy Crystal's View when in North Vancouver...Love you!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed at Crystal's view for 2 nights in December with our teenage children. Welcoming, relaxing, great views and very comfortable rooms. Beautiful touches and attention to detail. Breakfasts were excellent,, great recommendations on local sights/ activities & restaurants. Crystal & John thank you for great company and hosts during our stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family