“Perfect with no pretense”
Review of La Cucina

La Cucina
Ranked #38 of 384 Restaurants in North Vancouver
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
North Vancouver, Canada
“Perfect with no pretense”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

At La Cucina the lighting is low, the colours warm, the table linens crisp and the greeting is always friendly!
This small dining room presents wonderful food; simple + authentic recipes; engaged, knowlegeable + friendly staff; a very consistent kitchen; a good, reasonably-priced wine list; a glowing, warm atmosphere.
Our family has often chosen La Cucina Ristorante to celebrate happy occasions and we have always enjoyed relaxed, non-rushed evenings here- no matter how busy the restaurant.
I LOVE the zucchini soup; the fresh, tasty antipasti selection and the tagliatelle fungi. The salads are all crisp and lightly dressed; the fish and meats are perfectly timed and well sauced.
The service is attentive, without effusion. Fresh, warm bread is brought early and refilled as necessary, wine + water glasses are unobtrusively maintained and no one is rushed, as main course plates aren't cleared until everyone at the table is finished.
Do go and enjoy a lunch or dinner here- perfect with no pretense.

• Visited March 2013
5 Thank CEA1

Vancouver, Canada
“Great food and drink - good value”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

It had been probably a decade since I've eaten here but went for a family gathering... and glad we came back! We started our dinner of with custom put together anitpasto platters that were excellent, a little bit of everything there... procuttio, eggplant with tomato sauce and cheese, marinated peppers, mushrooms, grilled zuchinni, etc...Everyone chose their own main, I had the tortellini ala panna and it was solid - not a huge portion.. but it was rich to be sure! Our guests had varied dishes and all were reported as excellent - fish, veal chop, chicken, pasta. I enjoyed the wine list, lots of reasonable italian choices, and a few harder to find gems. All in all, I would definately want to come back. The service was formal and efficient.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank billybob101
Vancouver, Canada
“Best Italian Restaurant in BC”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Have lunch in this Restaurant once or twice every week. My business partner and I never had a bad meal there. Best Spaghetti Pomodoro anywhere. Cesar Salad absolutely delicious. For an outstanding lunch or dining experience this is defiantly the restaurant to visit.

• Visited December 2012
5 Thank Hans F
Port Moody, Canada
“Italian flavour in an unhurried atmosphere”
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I have eaten here on several occasions, the most recent one occurring last night. My fiance were tired after a long day and wanted to go somewhere where we'd be taken care of, have a nice meal, and wouldn't be rushed. La Cucina delivered. We shared a half litre of their fruity merlot and a bocconcini/tomato salad to start. Fresh bread came to the table almost as soon as we sat down. Water glasses were filled often and inobtrusively. I had the linguine with prawns in a garlic olive oil sauce and he had the meat lasagne. We lingered and chatted and never once did we feel rushed. We finished with a shared slice of cheesecake, small but rich enough for two and a couple of cups of decaf coffee. It was exactly what I needed. Thank you!

• Visited November 2012
5 Thank JDBradshaw
“Yum Yum YUMMM”
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I am frequent goer to this fine fine restaurant. First time I went there was over a year ago, and I ordered the white tortellini pasta! And to my benefit and delight, it was all nice and creamy. I also appreciated how they altered it to my liking (it usually comes with pork on top of it but since I don't eat pork they took it off). Lot of parking in the back, service is very efficient, and owner is extremely friendly. All in all, when in doubt, go to La Cucina - you will not regret it.

• Visited October 2012