“We Missed Out”

Ocean Breeze Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #15 of 20 North Vancouver B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We made reservations in March to stay at Ocean Breeze while we attended a Convention in downtown Vancouverover the July 4th week-end. Efforts to get a response from her the few days before our trip went unanswered, however, and when we showed up Margaret had no record of our reservation. We did have copies of our emails back and forth, however so she was gracious enough, on a very hectic week-end when we could have been in big trouble finding lodging, to call a hotel at the Lonsdale Quay and negotiate a comparable rate. However, we could only get it for one night. She offered to put us up the following evening but we just decided to drive home rather than pack and unpack twice. Sounds like we missed a good experience.

We did love being on that side of the city and taking the ferry into downtown. The Lonsdale Quay area was fun and the view of the city spectacular. Two tips. One, be sure you have a good record of your reservation and second, know that parking on the week-end at the Lonsdale Quay Garage is free. It turns out the hike from Ocean Breeze to the ferry was a bit further than we'd anticipated but if you could drive and park free it would be super. Nice area of Vancouver. We'll probably stay in that area again. Not sure if we'll dare try Ocean Breeze again though.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JesseSeattle_WA
Margaret012, Owner at Ocean Breeze Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Dear Sir.
In the era of " computerize World " mistakes are happening starting from hospitals , bank transactions/ identity thefts , airlines / hotels reservations .
In such situation the most important is quick reaction and finding immediate solution.
In less then 5 minutes of this misunderstanding ( sorry but your reservation was in the system from July 6th-8th ) I did found you most convenient accommodation for that first night with the same price being matched and for following night I was able to accommodate you in " Ocean Breeze ".
I'm very sorry for this inconvenience , I tried my very best as you know to make sure that you will be properly accommodated .
In 21 yeas of business we have many returning guests and as a matter of fact we just received reservation from our Dutch guests who stayed with us in 1992 !
Wishing you as little mistakes as possible :)
Sincerely , Margaret

Reviewed 20 May 2013

This was a great place to stay for our visit to the greater Vancouver area! Margaret and staff are very friendly and made us feel very welcome and completely at ease. Our room was very comfortable and well appointed and had a private patio where we could sit and enjoy the magnificent view of the city. Ocean Breeze is located in a quiet residential neighborhood and is just a short drive from Lonsdale Quay and the Capilano Rainforest in North Vancouver. It was also an easy drive to the many attractions in the city. We will definitely be making Ocean Breeze our home base for our next visit to the Vancouver area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Margaret puts you at ease from the minute you step through the front door and makes your stay at her hotel so relaxed and comfortable. She has two very well-behaved and adorable puggles (pug and beagle mix - who knew?) and an interactive turtle. She serves fabulous and filling breakfasts to order (and goes out of her way to accommodate your dietary needs) and more than once, I've found myself relaxing in her kitchen with an apertif or glass of wine after a long day. I've stayed here for both business and leisure trips and it's always been a real pleasure.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2013

During my last travel to Vancouver, I spent several days in the Ocean Breeze Bad & Breakfast. I was very happy of my choice to stay in Ocean Breeze since it was a very nice and friendly place serving homemade breakfast every morning with the great hospitality. I would definitely recommend this place to anybody.
Zbigniew Antoszewski Warsaw, Poland

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2013

When I arrived at the B&B, I was shown right away to my room and was given some time to freshen up before we came down and Margaret had a glass of wine ready after my long trip. The room was super clean and bright and felt very welcoming. The room had a fridge as well, so I could buy some refreshments for the room and a place for my medicine. The location was very well located to everywhere, especially to downtown where all my business was located. It was close to many restaurants and the Lonsdale Quay, which had a number of cute shops and it was a nice view of downtown with a beautiful waterfront.

The summer here would be great, so I have already booked the same room for my next business trip. You will not be disappointed with this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Margaret made us feel welcome from the time we stepped in the door and the friendly little dogs were fun to pet and photograph. This B&B is very nice and conveniently located. The breakfasts are wonderful and made to order.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We really enjoyed our stay in this N Vancouver destination. Local restaurants were fantastic and the people incredibly
freindly. Only regret - we didn't stay longer. A solid value for the money.

• Stayed: July 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Vancouver
Lonsdale Quay Hotel
#4 of 10 in North Vancouver
Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier
#1 of 10 in North Vancouver
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North...
#2 of 10 in North Vancouver
North Vancouver Hotel
#6 of 10 in North Vancouver
Best Western Capilano Inn & Suit...
#3 of 10 in North Vancouver
Downtown
Fairmont Waterfront
Fairmont Waterfront
#12 of 92 in Vancouver

Been to Ocean Breeze Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!