“Been coming here for over 10 years!”

George's Famous Souvlaki
Ranked #182 of 412 Restaurants in North Vancouver
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 5 October 2016

I've been eating at George's for about 13 years! Unfortunately I no longer live in Vancouver, but every time I return I make sure I stop by and eat a chicken souvlaki! In all this time I've never had a bad experience and the quality of the food never drops below its high standard! This is a great option for lunch in Lonsdale and I would recommend it to any one.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

George's Famous Souvlaki. Good fast Greek food. Or take the food home in a package ad look like a great homemade chef. This is a fast food place, lots of chairs and table to eat your food and the view is of downtown Vancouver. nough said.

Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

I tried to eat here tonight. All the food was pre-done and nothing seemed fresh. They only take local debit cards, or cash, making tourists unwelcome.
The guy was polite to me.

Reviewed 20 January 2016

Everything in this restaurant is fresh and tasty Reasonable priced too Good Service and Friendly It has been there for many years and certainly has stood the test of time

Reviewed 11 December 2015

I came here for lunch one day. The menu looked nice and I decided to have the falafel wrapped with salad. As I went to pay I was told I could not by credit card; debit only. After I paid I was rudely asked to move to the end of the store to pick up my food. My drink was heavily placed on the counter top. They ask for tip when you pay by debit; I find this unacceptable, especially as it is a fast food take out place.

The worst part was still to come: the food. It looked like they put the falafel in a small plastic container and then in to the microwave. It was all put together. I went to sit down and munched into the pita bread. It was rather stale. When I got to the falafel I noticed there were only 2 small pieces in the entire wrap. I was definitely ripped off. Not only that, the falafel were so dry with this sandy texture. I should have taken this wrap back to the store, but was in a hurry to move on. I would definitely NOT recommend eating from this place.