“dinner with friends”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Had a nice meal tonight. Just a nail course of very fresh ravioli with truffle and cream sauce and some nice merlot. Good service, nice ambiance and good quality food. I will be back.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

My husband and I often have a lunch date on Mondays. As we were in the area we decided to stop in and have a nice lunch...even though we weren't dressed up. Just as we were entering the restaurant we noticed that they were seating a man at one of the outside tables. When a staff member approached us, I asked if we would be able to eat outside on the patio as well. He literally threw the menus back onto the menu pile and said that we would have to wait then. A second employee approached us shortly after and said that it would take him 5-10 minutes to set up a table outside. We said that if it was going to be a lot of trouble that we would just eat inside. We were then seated immediately inside The rest of our lunch time service was fine, but a little frosty as if we had done something wrong. We were even given a rather curt "thank you" after we had paid the bill. That being said, the food was lovely. There is a $10 pasta lunch special on for the next couple of weeks. We had fresh bread, a lovely salad, and pasta for a very reasonable price. The food was great, but the service was a little off for an upscale restaurant. Perhaps they were short staffed for a Monday?

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We recently dined with some out of town friends at Gusto di Quattro restaurant in North Vancouver. We arrived on time for the reservation, and were asked to wait a couple of minutes. The waiting area is the doorway itself, so the four of us were squished together, having to shuffle around from time to time so the receptionist could answer the phone. Then two others arrived. Now six of us were crammed together. We tried to move a little into the restaurant proper, but that put us right beside the servery, so we had to avoid bumping the waitresses as they picked up their orders.

Finally we were seated. Some would call the restaurant cosy. I would classify it as being small. And, it is not a small and intimate place. It is a small and noisy place. The talking from other tables made it virtually impossible to hear what was being said at our own table, including whatever our waitress said during her visitations.

The meals were OK, but not spectacular. I had a seafood linguini dish. I'm not used to having chili in Italian cooking, so I didn't think it helped at all. But, it was listed on the menu, so I can't say I wasn't warned.

Finally, just as we were thinking of leaving, we were asked if we wouldn't mind moving on so they could seat another reservation. Why they did not put the pressure on other tables which had been in the restaurant before us is beyond me.

Having thought of that last item, I just changed my rating from "Average" to "Poor".

Reviewed 15 October 2013

After a long day of driving and walking the sites on the Sea to Sky drive, we just wanted to walk to a quiet dinner spot near our hotel. We were met at the door by a sweet hostess who seated us near a window that actually allowed us a bit of the view of downtown. Our waitress was warm and helpful and answered all of our questions. We happened to be there on a Tuesday, when several pastas are available for ten dollars. We chose two of those and an appetizer and the portions were just right. The food was delicious and the entire experience was very enjoyable. It was our best meal in the Vancouver area!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We ate here on our last stay in north van . It was a very romantic restaurant . The food was very good and the wine selection was great .