“Beautiful view, boring food”

Northlands Golf Bar and Grill
Ranked #157 of 396 Restaurants in North Vancouver
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This restaurant is close to our home and so we drop in now and again. It's particularly pleasant in the summer when we sit on the large deck overlooking the beautiful golf course grounds. But in the winter the view is also lovely if you get a table by the window, and if you're there before dark of course. My husband and I have been to Northlands for both lunch and dinner, but we enjoy it most when we sit on the deck in the summer with a glass of wine and an appetizer in the late afternoon. The restaurant has overhauled its menu a few times over the past several years and has broadened it's offerings, and I think the quality has improved on some of the things I've eaten. When we have a full meal there I usually order the fish tacos and they were quite good. My husband, the burger king, frequently has the burger which he considers average. Overall, I would say the food is mainly average, and even poor sometimes, as it was with a dinner recently. But once in a while I'll be surprised with something that's better than average, such as the nachos, but I don't know if they still make them the same way as they used to. As for the restaurant decor, it is plain and not particularly attractive. The nicest thing about it is the lovely rock fireplace.

1  Thank Capricorn49

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We just left Northlands where we had Mother's Day brunch. First off, the staff are great-- really nice and friendly. But the food was horrible. The metal serving dishes were stained, the bacon was greasy, potatoes over-steamed and the croissants were horrible. The smoked salmon was fishy and the fruit was ordinary. As this was Mother's Day, it was a huge disappointment. Also at almost $30 per person (with a mandatory tip included --- at the full rate even though it was a buffet), it was also a bad deal. I'll never be back.

4  Thank Michael T
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Food is average at best, service is fair to poor and they are often out of menu items. The menu has very few healthy choices. They are often out of menu items....very poorly run. I used to be a regular but won,t be going back anytime soon.

2  Thank Cas S
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Had a Christmas Party on Dec 7th . Food was very very good !!! I have to say that Sara the bartender and Nadia the server was just fantastic and did an excellent job!!!
Decoration was very pretty! Kitchen staff was just great too.

Great job!!! We will definitely come back next year.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Went here for a workfunction and they accommodated 80people easily within a portion of their dining hall. Service was great, the manager Keith is very flexible and helpful, so are the rest of the staff.

Dinner was buffet-style and included salad pasta chicken and salmon. Everything was great except for the Salmon which had a funky smell to it, I checked it with a fresh batch after they filled up the container and the funkyness remained. It must have been farmed salmon. Other than the salmon everything was great and they will accommodate to any occasion you might have.

Enjoy