“The original Cactus Club”
Review of Cactus Club Cafe

Cactus Club Cafe
Ranked #32 of 405 Restaurants in North Vancouver
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We thought it was great to actually have lunch on a Sunday at Rob Feeney's original Cactus Club restaurant! The atmosphere is interesting to say the least (photos to be included)
The servings are good sized, pricing a bit on the higher side, but for locals, probably what is expected in a cosmopolitan city like Vancouver/North Vancouver.
Location: not what people expect as it seems to be in a working area, rather than a sleek street with lots of restaurants around
Would I return: definitely as I enjoy the decor
Service: fine

1  Thank CdnGal1

Reviewed 28 January 2013

I eat lunch out two to three times per week for business reasons and if possible I always look for a Cactus Club in the immedaite area. The food is tastefully prepared,Rob Feeney does a super job with the menu as well as seasonal specials add variety. The service is consistently friendly, attentive and pleasant. The meal sizes are just right whther it is for dinner or lunch and i'm never disappointed.

Reviewed 26 January 2013

very good attentive service, food well presented and tasty, server was very attentive and offered a number of food selections when were going to order. Beverages were refilled without being asking the server. Upbeat atmosphere.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

We dropped in for dinner on the 10th January and as soon as we opened the door we were greeted by a friendly hostess. We were asked immediately if we would like a wine list which we found odd as we were still just inside the front door and hadn't been seated at a table. Couldn't we at least take our coats off and sit down and think a bit about what we'd like?
One of us is celiac and found the gluten friendly menu, not so friendly. Burger - no bun, tacos - no tortilla? Haven't they heard of frozen gluten free buns and bread and corn tortillas?
We shared a caesar salad which was very large, and OK, although no fresh parmesan cheese was detected. My partner had the blackened creole chicken which was very nice, and I had the short-rib sandwich on toasted sourdough. This sandwich was the very best beef sandwich that I have ever tasted and I would come back just for this item. It was juicy, succulent slow cooked flavourful beef and hardly need the jus it was so moist. The sourdough was perfectly toasted and all around a winner.
House wine Merlot, $7.00 a glass was good value for the size given.
Service was swift and attentive and actually, we found overly attentive and perhaps the staff could tone down the constant checking in bit.

Reviewed 27 December 2012

We went here for lunch on Christmas Eve. They were due to close 15 minutes after we arrived, but the staff were still all very friendly and welcoming. I chose a salad (rainforest greens, I think), it was without a doubt one of the best salads I have had anywhere. Everybody else in our party had burgers, and they were all very impressed too. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.