“Great Thai in Vancouver”

Thai House Restaurant
Ranked #78 of 384 Restaurants in North Vancouver
Price range: US$2 - US$25
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Since 1986, the Thai House has been consistently setting the standard for quality and service through creative and careful attention to all details. Their menu offers a wide array of all the popular traditional Authentic Thai dishes.
Toronto
“Great Thai in Vancouver”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I'm always on the hunt for a great Thai restaurant wherever I travel. It's been a while since I've been able to find a really good Thai restaurant in the Vancouver area, but we found one on this trip. The Thai House is family-friendly, well appointed and clean, has *great* service - and the food is perfect. We've been there twice in the 4 days we've been here. Some comments on specific items:
Chicken Satay has perfect flavour and tenderness.
Veggie spring rolls were loved by all. Crisp, not too greasy, great flavour.
Pad Thai was absolutely perfect the first time, a bit too much sauce the second visit.
Ginger Chicken (Gai Pad Khing) was exceptional. Perfect flavour.
Yellow curry was also great: good heat, great flavour, lots of meat.

We will be going again, and again, and again...

• Visited May 2014

North Vancouver
“in a hurry”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Quick and easy for lunch, you'll be in and out quick. Never had any problem with the food, they'll take out peppers and onions for example from the standard lunch dish.

Get in quick on Friday's it gets busy after noon.

• Visited March 2014
Abbotsford, Canada
“Totally awesome!”
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

The wife and I ate here twice. The first time it was tricky figuring out what to order. We ended up getting too much food. This time around we asked for help ordering and it worked great. The cocktails have funny names. I tried the broken down Tuk Tuk and a lady boy. I never thought I'd be one to try a lady boy and now I know why. Go for the Tuk Tuk.
Service was outstanding. You don't have one server for your table. They all help each other. Very efficient friendly staff, and delicious food.

1 Thank Lucas M
Vancouver
“dont recommend for lunch”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I went for lunch, at about 1 in a Sunday. The food came so fast it must have been sitting around, including the rice. I am 95% sure I got food poisoning from this lunch. I was sick by evening and did not have much dinner. We had a yellow curry, and a peanut sauce chicken dish with rice. Tasted good though.

• Visited January 2014
Saskatoon, Canada
“The Sad Decline of a Long Time Favourite”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

The Thai House Restaurant is a long time favourite. The Chaing Mai Prawns have been one of our staples for years -- a special treat that we sought out two or three times a a year. We had a mediocre experience about a year ago, but this year's take out order was well below par. The Pad Thai was unimaginative and painfully dull. We threw half of it away. The green curry was fine -- equal to that of a standard Thai restaurant. The chicken and vegetable dish was unappealing -- it is the kind of Asian vegetable dish you can get at any Chinese food restaurant. The Chaing Mai Prawns were extremely disappointing. What was once a special dish had been rendered boring. For the first time ever, we had left-overs and then could not find any takers the next day. It is not quite sure that has gone wrong, but the Thai House has become below average. We will not be going back.

• Visited December 2013