“Amazing value for families.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of white spot

white spot
Ranked #242 of 366 Restaurants in North Vancouver
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Greater Sydney, Australia
“Amazing value for families.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

We hadn't eaten at a White Spot since I was a kid (we moved to Australia when I was 6), but this was on our list of 'must do' nostalgic meals on a recent trip back to Canada.

Well, we weren't disappointed, the food was xcellent, the cocktails inexpensive and we also couldn't believe how good the salmon was - and how cheap it was! I had a simply delicious salmon burger and several Caesars to wash it down - fabulous!

If we're so lucky as to get back to our homeland (and the city I was born in), White Spot would be an unmissable stop.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Dromomaniac

Maple Ridge, Canada
“Consistent comfort food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

Been to this location many times; see regular staff, some been there over twenty years. Service is fast, staff friendly, and food always good. We had the curry soup(excellent), burgers and wraps. All great. Parking an issue at lunch time. More washrooms needed. We will be back!

• Visited September 2013
North Carolina
“Great breakfasts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I know this is a chain but it really is a nice place to eat a good breakfast. When we are in N Vancouver, this is where we often start our day. The food is well prepared, omelets are well prepared, toast is from good fresh bread, and the pancakes are made from fresh batter. My wife orders a short stack of pancakes since the regular portion is huge. The coffee is good (not great) but the tea selections are better and from whole leaf choices.

Visited July 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“A great place to bring the kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

White Spot is my favourite family-style restaurant. They have a wide variety of dishes on the menu, so it's a good place to come if your party can't decide between burgers & fries, pasta & ribs, or something a little more healthy. They also have an additional "featured" menu which changes every few months. For kids, they have activity books & crayons, and the "Pirate Pak" children's menu, which is served in a cardboard pirate ship.

The service can be hit and miss - it just depends who you get as a server. Out of all the White Spots I've gone to across Vancouver, I've had terrific service and terrible service. Overall, I'd rank service between average to good.

I've always found the food to be very good. I particularly like their salads and rice bowls. Also, in the summer, they serve fresh strawberry & blueberry pie which is absolutely delicious - a must try!

• Visited September 2012
vancouver, BC, Canada
“Pretty good but not outsdanding”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

The food is good but not special, depending on what you order. I'm a salad person and I find the salads pretty good.

Visited January 2013