“very cosy restaurant”
Review of The District

The District
Reserve with OpenTable
The District is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 390 Restaurants in North Vancouver
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Esplanade Avenue
Description: The District is a New York-style eatery with beautiful brown banquettes and an open kitchen lined with a bar. They feature a cheese and meat plate to share and enjoy with wine, and also specials that are featured on the chalkboard at the entrance of the restaurant.
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Had my birthday dinner at this restaurant. Really liked the cosy atmosphere and the staff were nice.
Very good food and prices are very reasonable.
Thanks for making my birthday dinner a wonderful one!

Reviewed 17 November 2011

I've visited the place since they opened, not as often as I would, but can't afford it! Then again, who can run a restaurant cheaply these days with taxes and such?

Reviewed 6 September 2011

The District has amazing food. It was so good that my husband and I ate two meals there. I would definetly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 15 August 2011

This is a marvelous little pub style restaurant. We were there with our grown children and we all enjoyed our meals. My husband and daughter in law had the fish & chips and were in heaven eating them. My son had a burger with feta cheese and raved for a long time. I had the chicken breast wrapped in smoked ham with smashed potatoes and I enjoyed it very much. This place is quite noisy with people chatting but if you can put that aside, you will like it. The service was very good as well. Tables outside as well. Will return.

Reviewed 6 August 2011

This was my second visit, returning after having a wonderful cocktails & appy's evening a few months ago. At that time, we thought the special martinis were innovative and tasty, so this time I took a friend there for her birthday. The Pinky Swear Martini is really yummy, in fact, so was the second one! I ordered the steak sandwich which was excellent: medium rare slices of delicious beef with cheese and caramelized onions on french bread. The house side-salad was really good too with dates, raisins, sunflower seeds and nice house dressing, much nicer than the usual plain green salad. My friend ordered the beef burger with blue cheese and fries. Wow, it's huge! She said the burger was very tasty and there was a huge amount of fries sprinkled with seasoning. With the huge burger, she was only able to eat about a 1/3 of the fries. The service was very friendly and prompt. The atmosphere is very lively; it's a small, busy,popular restaurant so there is a high noise level and the tables are very close together. We sat closer to the back and that made it a bit easier to talk. If you want a quiet romantic dinner, you'd need to find out when they're not so busy, otherwise it's an energetic, fun, & trendy restaurant.

1  Thank walkabout55