“great place for drinks & snacks”
Review of The District

The District
Reserve with OpenTable
The District is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 378 Restaurants in North Vancouver
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Esplanade Avenue
Description: The District is a New York-style eatery with beautiful brown banquettes and an open kitchen lined with a bar. They feature a cheese and meat plate to share and enjoy with wine, and also specials that are featured on the chalkboard at the entrance of the restaurant.
Vancouver
“great place for drinks & snacks”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

this is a place we keep going back to. the drinks are delicious -- lots of creative mixing -- and the share plates are fantastic, too!

Visited November 2013

carlsbad
“Very good artisan brews and pub fare”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Friends had the artisan beers while I had a martini, all top quality! Great fries, fun atmosphere, pub feel.

Visited November 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Waiting for the bus in style”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

After a day trip to Capolina, we decided to wait until the city lights got bright before returning on the Seabus back to downtown. In the meantime, we wanted to stop by one of the local North Vancouver restaurants and The District caught our eyes with its interesting décor and warm vibe. Lucky for us, Tuesday happened to be half price wine night and our lovely server, Nevada, assisted in our selection of wine as well as an assortment of their rotating meats and cheeses. A laid-back spot for a drink and some tapas-style snacks.

• Visited November 2013
North Vancouver, Canada
“Food and service disappointing this time”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Been here a few times over the years. Found menu unusual in a way that nothing ever really grabs me right off the bat. However, have had flavourful dishes: pear and beet salads come to mind, even though not too satisfying. Also enjoyed desserts. Overall I've usually left feeling that the place looks good (design, décor, presentation) but I want it to be better. This time, I was really disappointed.

Came solo, outside of usual meal times, and still offered only bar stool seating with the restaurant completely empty. During my meal, one of the servers did some noisy, lengthy chores around me -- as if I weren't there -- could easily have done in the back. Servers continually talked with each other across the room, even after some tables filled. My server was pleasant enough but, because it was slow time, servers just hung out, chatting and laughing too audibly, near the front of the restaurant. You could tell they were waiting for their "real" customers to show up.

I gathered that a lot went into making my meal because prep time was long and presentation, good. My entrée was huge and flavourful except for a lingering "fridgey" taste that I couldn't pinpoint. The sides were oily. I had a chicken dish stuffed with spinach/rolled in ham. The chicken was done perfectly but the ham was overcooked to hard-to-cut leather in parts.

Definitely better options on the same strip.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank shnti
Vancouver
“Had a Great Time”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We were definitely one of the older couples here on a recent Friday night and we loved the place. It had a great vibe, and the DJ was an added bonus. The music was great. It is probably not the best place for a quiet romantic dinner, as others have comments the restaurant is quite small and tables are very close together. We split the warm beet salad and it was very good, then moved onto the mussels. They were great, plump, just the right size and perfectly cooked. The server was good, but the orders took a little long to arrive. Didn't bother us too much as we tend to eat later and like to linger. I would certainly go back.

• Visited September 2013