I reserved a room at this hotel, but after being shown multiple dirty rooms, I moved to a different hotel. The halls appeared not to have been vacuumed in some time, and had noticeable debris along the entire length. Of the rooms I was shown, there were stained carpets, molded grout in the bathrooms, and a distinct smell of smoke. One of the rooms was completely unmade, no sheets on the beds, comforters on the floor, drawers open, etc.
The check in clerk had prematurely charged my Best Western gift card, and I was informed that it couldn't be refunded, except by the manager. Over the phone, the manager was very rude. I was told that he was unavailable for four days, until after my planned departure from the city. He kept interrupting me while I tried to speak, and telling me I should "put myself in his shoes" because he couldn't come to work on the weekend. His rudest statement was when he told me that "as a favour" he would not charge me for my stay even though I was not providing enough notice of cancelling my booking. This was completely ridiculous, as I was not staying because the check-in clerk could not provide a clean room.
I was lucky enough to find a room late that night at the nearby (a few kilometers away) Best Western Plus Coquitlam Inn Convention Center, where the staff treated me wonderfully and the hotel is spotlessly clean. They were a great help to me, as it took hours and countless phone calls before the manager of the Chelsea Inn finally (at the extreme last minute before my departure) to return the money that they had wrongly charged me.
Every interaction with the Chelsea Inn was unpleasant, and there is no way that this location should be a part of the Best Western brand, never mind the "plus" brand. It is very disappointing that the hotel is allowed to represent what is otherwise a normally dependable chain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At our Coquitlam hotel, we believe our guests deserve only the best, which is why free parking, free Wi-Fi and a free breakfast is standard. Start your day at the waffle station and move onto a selection of cereals and pastries, fresh fruits, yogurt, 100% Arabica coffee and chilled juices. Spend the afternoon lounging in the pool or resting after a day of exploring the area. The region is known for some excellent sightseeing, such as the Boulevard Casino and Red Robinson Theatre. Take the Skytrain to downtown Vancouver and explore the area by foot. The nearby Coquitlam Center and Laugheed Mall are just a short distance from our Coquitlam hotel. Many of our guests visit for IKEA shopping, and we’re happy to accommodate truck parking at our hotel. Whether you’re here for the attractions or for a shopping adventure, we’re your home away from home. Our Coquitlam hotel is a 2012 TripAdvisor award winner, and we’re proud to offer you the best vacation experience possible. We also cater to business travelers, such as IKEA employees and travelers in town with the Royal Columbia Hospital. From business to leisure, we have you covered with a great location and many complimentary amenities. The friendly staff at our Coquitlam hotel can provide you with shopping and dining recommendations. If you need some advice on must-see Vancouver attractions, depend on us to ensure you have a memorable and enjoyable stay. We’re a family-friendly hotel, but many groups and couples also choose to stay with us, too. At our hotel, we take the responsibility of making sure you have a great time seriously. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Chelsea Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Chelsea Hotel Coquitlam
- Best Western Coquitlam
- Coquitlam Best Western
- Best Western Chelsea Hotel