“Dirty halls and rooms, rude manager, avoid this location”

Best Western Chelsea Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Coquitlam
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I reserved a room at this hotel, but after being shown multiple dirty rooms, I moved to a different hotel. The halls appeared not to have been vacuumed in some time, and had noticeable debris along the entire length. Of the rooms I was shown, there were stained carpets, molded grout in the bathrooms, and a distinct smell of smoke. One of the rooms was completely unmade, no sheets on the beds, comforters on the floor, drawers open, etc.

The check in clerk had prematurely charged my Best Western gift card, and I was informed that it couldn't be refunded, except by the manager. Over the phone, the manager was very rude. I was told that he was unavailable for four days, until after my planned departure from the city. He kept interrupting me while I tried to speak, and telling me I should "put myself in his shoes" because he couldn't come to work on the weekend. His rudest statement was when he told me that "as a favour" he would not charge me for my stay even though I was not providing enough notice of cancelling my booking. This was completely ridiculous, as I was not staying because the check-in clerk could not provide a clean room.

I was lucky enough to find a room late that night at the nearby (a few kilometers away) Best Western Plus Coquitlam Inn Convention Center, where the staff treated me wonderfully and the hotel is spotlessly clean. They were a great help to me, as it took hours and countless phone calls before the manager of the Chelsea Inn finally (at the extreme last minute before my departure) to return the money that they had wrongly charged me.

Every interaction with the Chelsea Inn was unpleasant, and there is no way that this location should be a part of the Best Western brand, never mind the "plus" brand. It is very disappointing that the hotel is allowed to represent what is otherwise a normally dependable chain.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank efcarter

Reviewed 24 January 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Mosmani, General Manager at Best Western Chelsea Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Reviewed 21 January 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed 3 January 2013

My family had to go to Coquitlam BC for a Karate tournament. We had decided to stay in a hotel with two young kids you always wonder if it is a good idea, but it was the staff were extremly friendly and helpful you can tell they love there jobs. The continental breakfast was great for people on the run it was quick and hot. The room was very large, the beds were extremly comfortable, and the bathroom was large enough to fit all four of us in there.The front enterance, hallways, elevator and even the main bathrooms were spotless. When we were phoning around to diferent hotels for a group deal the Best Western gave us the best group rate. It was a great first hotel experience very kid friendly.
Our next road trip we will stay at the Best Western again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Mosmani, General Manager at Best Western Chelsea Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience in staying at our hotel. Very happy that you had a pleasant experience and we hope you and your fmaily come back and stay with us.

Reviewed 31 December 2012

Friendly front desk, comfortable rooms. Complementary breakfast the typical waffles, toast, hard boiled eggs etc. Breakfast room is chilly, does not seem to be heated. Avoid front rooms facing pool as freeway noisy.
Affordable accommodation if you are attending Red Robinson Theatre or similar in area.

Room Tip: Not at front or overlooking pool.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Thank ELES ESCAPE B a... B

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are in the final stages of gettting our sound proof windows in. The back is always a good choice if you dont like noise. We look forward in your next stay.

Reviewed 16 December 2012

Very kind and helpful staff. Very good value. Good continental breakfast. Excellent manager. Really like the central location. Good parking. We can arrive very late and still get a room and great service. Also i like the security system they have.

• Stayed: November 2012
Mosmani, General Manager at Best Western Chelsea Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2013

Thank you as we appreciate your continued business. We consider our guests as a family member of the Best Western group.

Reviewed 22 November 2012

i been a regular customer for over five years. I like staying at Best Western Chealsea Inn because the price are affordable and has very friendly staff. The continental breakfast is good and the beds are comfortable to sleep in.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Thank you and we so appreciate your continued business. We always welcome you to your home away from home.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coquitlam
Ramada Coquitlam
Days Inn Surrey
#11 of 19 in Surrey
Inn at the Quay
#1 of 3 in New Westminster

Been to Best Western Chelsea Inn? Share your experiences!