“Lies and vomit”
Review of Ramada Coquitlam

Ramada Coquitlam
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Coquitlam
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I'd first like to apologize for this review I don't want any hurt feelings and I'm sure there are people who loved there stay but I really feel it necessary to express my discomfort with this hotels upkeep.

Woman on phone said nothing about a deposit (first time renters) and told us we didn't need a credit card except for reservation leaving us with little money till our departing day. Website and in room information booklet claimed the restraint would be open till 8:30 in which it was closed at 2:30 we also were looking forward to a continental breakfast (not knowing at the time it was probably a muffin and coffee) but wasn't even provided such.

Lock on door was warped as if broken by force and our thin single pain window to what I can only call an ally was locked with a tiny brass pin. Deadbolts on both doors did however leave me feeling a tad safer.

There were iron burns in our carpet complemented by our telephone cord having been ripped out of the wall leaving only the leak in our hallway that left nasty warped holes in ceiling outside our door.

the restraint food tasted very home style like but was way overpriced and on second day made me sick till I vomited all this only fueled the fact that the restraint and bar closed well before reasonable hours.

Overnight staff was quirky and helpful as was room service nothing similar can be said about evening staff.

Picture of pool on website makes it look much larger than actually is making the whole thing smell a bit iffy and kind of left me feeling swindled. Though at that point I wasn't surprised, when arriving to our home town we looked at street view and the picture provided on the Ramada website and compared the two. (see for yourself)

Room was clean except for "heavily!" stained mattress. Will not return.

Room Tip: Choice a different hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alexander P
womanagment, Manager at Ramada Coquitlam, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear Alexander P,
We apologize that your stay was less than satisfying. We do require a credit card pre authorization when you stay here. Our restaurant hours are from 7:00am to 8:30pm but due to some staffing issues we had to close early but now hours are back to normal. We are currently doing some upgrades at our property to ensure our guests have to the most comfortable stay her possible.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

This is reasonable accommodation. Skytrain station is not far - about 15 minutes walk from the hotel. There is a big shopping mall next to the station (Loughheed). Downtown Vancouver is about 40 minutes by Skytrain.

Rooms are clean, but old. A bit of renovation may help.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
womanagment, Manager at Ramada Coquitlam, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your feedback. We are located in a very central area. Walking distance to Lougheed Mall and many restaurants. We are currently doing some upgrades at our property to ensure our guests have to the most comfortable stay her possible.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We normally stay at this property when in Vancouver, the last two times were awful. Not only didn't we get the rooms we asked for but they were dirty, had some kind of stain on the sheets. Coffee cups & glasses were dirty, hair in the bathtub an on the toilet. Without any problem there were over twenty different problems with our stay, and we aren't that fussy!! There are problems of not enough towels to no coffee lightener, to abysmal internet service. Open ceilings in the men's washroom at the pool area, dirty washroom and no pool towels. Not to mention the door to the men's washroom by the pool which has a chunk missing out of it! Will be contacting Ramada head office about this one.

Room Tip: Try a different location or chain.If you have to stay here, get a room in the main section and not o...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Roman50
womanagment, Manager at Ramada Coquitlam, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear Roman,
We apologize for your stay being less than satisfying. We see that your there were no charges for your room due to you complaining about your previous stay with us and requesting 2 nights complimentary where which we obliged. We did receive your list of over 30 complaints but many of them were unwarranted. It a mutual agreement that you should not book your stay with us again.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

The hotel is clean, quite despite the location, rooms are not big enough, each room in grand level has 2 doors and I really like that so you will have outside door to access to your car, and the rate was great. Location is not bad, it is almost 10 minutes walking to the sky train station. My room was beside the storage and I was hearing housekeeping talking and discussion as I was with them but was ok for me.

Room Tip: Do not stay close to the storage, ask a room with access to your car.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ahmad A
womanagment, Manager at Ramada Coquitlam, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear Ahmad A,
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review regarding your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and pleased to hear about our excellent customer service. We are located walking distance to the skytrain station and have several restaurants nearby. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Kind Regards.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Our company booked over 10 rooms with Ramada Coquitlam for our annual meeting, we all had a great time there, staff were efficient and friendly. Roms were clean and sufficient for our group. A few of my European colleagues were much impressed with the service but best of all they all loved the location, close to casino, shopping restaurants and even a movie theatre. We hope we will have our meeting there again next year, Thanks Ramada Coquitlam.................

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
womanagment, Manager at Ramada Coquitlam, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear DeeDee,
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback regarding your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you and your group had a good stay with us. We are located in an area with lots of restaurants, shopping and the casino nearby. We hope that to see you and your group next year!
Kind Regards

Reviewed 8 August 2013

I have stayed 2 days at this hotel, everything was okay but I have been charged additional of 200 dollar for missing shower head which I did not take.I don't understand why anyone would take a shower head and also why shower head cost is 200 dollars. I had called them over 6 time to correct this but they indicated to me that manager Gloria will get back to me but she never did. I am very reasonable guy but taking additional 200 dollar without my consent or have at least honesty of notifying me that this has happened would not made me so mad.
I would not recommend you to stay at this hotel just because you can be another victim of paying over 400 dollar for staying in 2star hotel

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
8  Thank tan l
womanagment, Manager at Ramada Coquitlam, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear tan l,
We apologize that you experience was less than satisfying. Upon arrival all of our guests sign a registration card that states that "I agree that my liability is not waived and I agree to be held personally liable in the event that the indicated person, company or association fails to pay for any part of the full amount of my charges and I shall be responsible for any loss or damage to the premises or its content."

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I had already booked this hotel and then read the comments afterwards which made me very concerned. After arriving at the hotel I was pleasantly surprised, pleasant helpful staff member on the desk, checked in with no problems, room was clean, no bugs as reported earlier and presentable condition. Yes its an older hotel, yes it could do with updating but the prices they charge are directly related to what you get. If they charged more I would expect more. Would definitely stay there again, easy access to sky train but its a long ride downtown.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
womanagment, Manager at Ramada Coquitlam, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear Britsabroad7234,
We thank you taking the time out to post a review regarding your stay with us. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our hotel has very affordable rates and most guests are repeat customers because of the low rates that we offer. We hope that you will come visit us again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coquitlam
Best Western Chelsea Inn
#3 of 4 in Coquitlam
Travelodge Langley City
#5 of 11 in Langley City
Poco Inn & Suites Hotel
#1 of 1 in Port Coquitlam
Willingdon Heights
Executive Suites Hotel Burnaby

Been to Ramada Coquitlam? Share your experiences!