“Clean but room were cold”
Review of Ramada Coquitlam

Ramada Coquitlam
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Coquitlam
San Francisco, California
“Clean but room were cold”
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Hotel is doing some renovations so it was a bit annoying at first but other than that everything was fine. When i checked into my room it was freezing cold but once i have notified someone from front desk, they immediately got someone to turn up the heat for me and it eventually got warmed up and my room became nice and cozy! Overall, the room was clean and the staff was nice and helpful. I would come back!

Stayed December 2013
womanagment, Manager at Ramada Coquitlam, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Cassie143,
We appreciate your valuable feedback. We are currently in the process of doing some renovations to our property and we apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused. We are sorry that the room was cold. I have forwarded this to our housekeeping department to ensure that the heating be turned on prior to a guest's arrival. We appreciate your business and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Lillooet, Canada
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Booked for one night and discovered that the sheets hadn't been cleaned. This was not a stain that was left behind after washing, yuck!!! The rest of the room was unimpressive. The front desk people were very helpful and apologized. I left my email behind, so the manager could get back to me, but apparently they haven't found time or found it important enough to do that yet. I should have checked tripadvisor before booking, which I didn't do this time... Terrible is the right word for this hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Heleen P
womanagment, Manager at Ramada Coquitlam, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Heleen,
We sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfying. We have taken your feedback and advised our housekeeping department of this. We apologize for this and will make sure that this does not occur again. We hope that you give us a second chance and visit us again in the near future.

Travellers are raving about these Coquitlam hotels

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Stayed here over the weekend and hotel was affordable and clean. It's basic accommodation with a small restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is a pool with hot tub but I didn't get a chance to use. I liked the fact it was quiet and felt safe. I would come back for sure.

• Stayed September 2013
womanagment, Manager at Ramada Coquitlam, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear TamT,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review with us. We appreciate your feedback. We are happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. Our hotel is definitely safe and quiet even though we are located near the highway. We do hope that you visit us again in the near future.
Summerland, Canada
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Do not stay here. Rooms are not clean. Our tub dripped non-stop. The ceilings leaked in our room, the hallways, in the lobby and in the restaurant. The ceiling had black mold and parts of the ceiling wee missing where they fell out from the rot. The hallways smelled of cigarette smoke. The best part was they did not care at the front desk, told me that I could talk to a manager two days later when I would no longer be there. Don't waste your money or risk you health! I am NOT exaggerating!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Tazacc
womanagment, Manager at Ramada Coquitlam, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear Ms.Chaplin,
The hotel did advise you that we did have a flood due to a pipe bursting and that you were offered another room which you declined. We did compensate you for the 2 nights stay which of course you did not mention. Our night auditor mentioned that in the middle of the night you were taking picture in the lobby in your nightgown. We request that you stop harassing our hotel.
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I'd first like to apologize for this review I don't want any hurt feelings and I'm sure there are people who loved there stay but I really feel it necessary to express my discomfort with this hotels upkeep.

Woman on phone said nothing about a deposit (first time renters) and told us we didn't need a credit card except for reservation leaving us with little money till our departing day. Website and in room information booklet claimed the restraint would be open till 8:30 in which it was closed at 2:30 we also were looking forward to a continental breakfast (not knowing at the time it was probably a muffin and coffee) but wasn't even provided such.

Lock on door was warped as if broken by force and our thin single pain window to what I can only call an ally was locked with a tiny brass pin. Deadbolts on both doors did however leave me feeling a tad safer.

There were iron burns in our carpet complemented by our telephone cord having been ripped out of the wall leaving only the leak in our hallway that left nasty warped holes in ceiling outside our door.

the restraint food tasted very home style like but was way overpriced and on second day made me sick till I vomited all this only fueled the fact that the restraint and bar closed well before reasonable hours.

Overnight staff was quirky and helpful as was room service nothing similar can be said about evening staff.

Picture of pool on website makes it look much larger than actually is making the whole thing smell a bit iffy and kind of left me feeling swindled. Though at that point I wasn't surprised, when arriving to our home town we looked at street view and the picture provided on the Ramada website and compared the two. (see for yourself)

Room was clean except for "heavily!" stained mattress. Will not return.

Room Tip: Choice a different hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alexander P
womanagment, Manager at Ramada Coquitlam, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear Alexander P,
We apologize that your stay was less than satisfying. We do require a credit card pre authorization when you stay here. Our restaurant hours are from 7:00am to 8:30pm but due to some staffing issues we had to close early but now hours are back to normal. We are currently doing some upgrades at our property to ensure our guests have to the most comfortable stay her possible.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This is reasonable accommodation. Skytrain station is not far - about 15 minutes walk from the hotel. There is a big shopping mall next to the station (Loughheed). Downtown Vancouver is about 40 minutes by Skytrain.

Rooms are clean, but old. A bit of renovation may help.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
womanagment, Manager at Ramada Coquitlam, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your feedback. We are located in a very central area. Walking distance to Lougheed Mall and many restaurants. We are currently doing some upgrades at our property to ensure our guests have to the most comfortable stay her possible.
Kind Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coquitlam
Best Western Chelsea Inn
#1 of 1 in Port Coquitlam
The Met Hotel
The Met Hotel
#2 of 2 in New Westminster

Been to Ramada Coquitlam? Share your experiences!