Executive Plaza Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Met Hotel(New Westminster)
  • Restaurant
Inn at the Quay(New Westminster)
  • Pool
Queens Hotel(New Westminster)
View Hotel
All reviewsirish pubbreakfast buffetwild figunderground parkingfloor to ceiling windowsbusiness hotelfree minute massagecorner roomnice hotelsmall balconytennis courtssteam roomfront desk staffrooms are spacioussky train stationdowntown vancouvergrocery store
Reviewed 2 January 2014

In booking my hotel I got confused as to location as there are two hotels of the same name in a similar location. The front desk staff were excellent! They swapped the reservation from the other hotel and took contacted the airline to get my lost luggage transfered to the changed location.

The gave me the same rate and the room was fantastic. Super comfortable bed and very muched like the toiletries that were supplied! The view in the morning was stunning and it is close to restaurants and stores.

It was a wonderful Christmas present!

Room Tip: Double check the location as this hotel is on the boarder of Coquitlam and Burnaby and their web site needs improving.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Exec405, Front Office Manager at Executive Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Saskactor, from Ottawa

Thank you for taking the time to sent us your very positive comments about your last stay at the Executive Plaza Hotel during your visit over Christmas.

I'm glad to read that our front desk staff made were able to make the hotels changes for you with our sister hotel in Burnaby. Going the "extra mile" to make sure your mis-placed luggage also got to our hotel was to make your visit the best.

Will pass on your comments on our comfortable bed and toiletries to make your stay like home away from home. Nothing better then waking up to the best view in town!

Thank you again for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our area.

best regards,

Alex Kempenaar
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 21 December 2013

The professional pictures are quite misleading (aren't they all) so please take note. However for the age of the hotel the rooms and amenities were not to bad. Was here for work and it was close to where we needed to be.

The rooms I stayed in was dated, however was very spacious and had comfortable beds which is what is important to me. I didn't try the restaurant in the hotel but did have a few glasses of wine at the sit up bar and the service was great with generous wine pours :)

Customer service at the front desk was below average and didn't really feel welcomed. My expectations are high when it comes to customer service and at minimum I should have received a smile.

I would stay here again for business however not for leisure.

Some upgrades and newly updated interiors are required, however as stated this hotel has aged well.

Room Tip: Ensure you get a end unit. I had 410 which was nice
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Exec405, Front Office Manager at Executive Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear Shaun from Edmonton,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Executive Plaza Hotel Coquitlam and Conference Centre upon returning from your last stay.

We appreciate your positive comments and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again for a work related stay.

At this time I wish to inform you that our hotel is 14 years "young" and we are always in the process of upgrades to our guestrooms and in-house services. A guest's comments are always helpful in making our staff better. I will pass your comment on to improve our guest service.

best regards,

Alex Kempenaar
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 14 December 2013

The customer service was disgusting. We booked for two people and only had one washcloth in the bathroom. The door lock did not work for one of our keys and that wasn't fixed in the 2 days we were there. My daughter was in the Eagle Ridge Hospital undergoing spinal surgery and I had no idea how long I would need the room. I was assured that they were very flexible and if I needed an extra night no problem and if my daughter was discharged earlier than anticipated that was also okay. Well you guessed it, my daughter called to say she was being released on the morning of out third day (7:am) I went down to inform the desk of our good news and they said Oh sorry but you PREPAID for three nights. What? I've stayed in many hotels over the years and I have never prepaid, anyway after some discussion back and forth the man said in a very demeaning tone " Well this could go on all day, so I'll make an exception and refund you one day. Never once did they smile, or greet us with a smile at check in......both men on the desk were very unpleasant!

I will never recommend this hotel to anyone!

Heather Eriksen
Princeton, B.C.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Heather E
Exec405, Front Office Manager at Executive Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear Heather,
On behalf of the hotel management and staff we sincerely send our good wishes and a speedy recovery for your daughter. I'm sorry to read about the misconception of the reservation that you had made with our hotel. Our reservation representative may have presented you with incorrect information. We have spoken to our reservations in regards to this matter.
We hope that if you are in our area again, please give us the opportunity to show that we believe in great service to all our guests.

Best regards, Alex Kempenaar, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I was staying someplace else and moved due to poor service and other issues. The Executive Plaza is a great place to stay for women travelling on business. It is comfortable, clean, and the staff are tremendously service oriented. I took advantage of the complimentary massage - Farah was amazing. Super sweet lady who gives an excellent massage. Internet connection was great, jacuzzi tub an unexpected perk. Close enough to everything and the covered parking (which is slightly extra per day) was a godsend in the weather here. I will stay here again, no question!

Room Tip: My room on 8th floor had a balcony which I loved. The higher the better of course for room/road noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Exec405, Front Office Manager at Executive Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Julie E, from New York,

We at the Executive Plaza Hotel in Coquitlam are thrilled to have been rewarded by such positive comments on your last review. Thank you for taking the time to write us about your last visit. We really like to hear that certain members of the staff are really "going the extra mile" so to say.
We hope that your review will encourage more corperate women to choose our hotel on their next business trip to our area. We will be more then happy to continue our great service to all our furture guests.

Best regards,
Alex Kempenaar, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 28 November 2013

My wife was in the area on business so I tagged along for the early November weekend. The hotel is centrally located to many features in the lower mainland and the view from our room was nice.

Pros; Our 8th floor room was clean and fairly up-to-date.
The large windows offered a nice view of the Burnaby skyline, Burnaby Mountain (SFU) and a bit of Mount Seymour.

Cons: Our room was quite cool and drafty because of the large, uninsulated windows.
The free WiFi was generally unreliable - it was spotty in our room, cutting in and out frequently.

Room Tip: The view from the rooms along the northwest corner was pretty good. There's probably a good view from all the rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear jeep_whisper from Kamloops,

Glad to hear that you could get some free time to travel with your wife, who was on a business trip to our area. We are a great corperate business hotel which provides the nessary needs for the corperate traveller. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed the view from the 8th floor. Our location also made it easy for you to travel around to other lower mainland features.

Thank you for bringing to our attention the concerns over the drafty windows and small problems with the free WiFi. Your concerns allow us to solve the issues to make our hotel a better one for you next visit.

In closing, thank you again for taking the time to provide a review of your last stay.

Sincerely, Alex Kempenaar, Front Office Manager