“Great hotel, nice location”

Executive Plaza Hotel Coquitlam
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Coquitlam
Vernon, British Columbia, Canada
“Great hotel, nice location”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have stayed here several times over the past few years, really like how professional and helpful the staff is, the rooms are nice and comfortable. Also it's close to Sky train Station and shopping malls!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
New Westminster, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Your planning is in excellent in the hands of this hotel's Director of Catering and Conference Services, Ms. Linda Warren. You will be dealing with a well experienced person always with your good interest at heart. The facility is conducive for individual as well as group uses. You will find the catering staff is par excellence! There would be no hesitation on my part to call upon the services offered by this establishment again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Friendly service in all departments, front desk was very helpful and has a good knowledge of the area. Close to the mall and sky train. Rooms are bright and clean and the food at the Copper Club Restaurant was excellent.
Will be back for sure.

Stayed May 2014
West Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Our family stayed at the hotel over the May long weekend for a sports tournament. We checked in Friday afternoon and the staff member at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. I can't say the same about the staff we dealt with over the rest of weekend, including those at the restaurant and at the front desk. Rude and short-tempered every time I approached the desk. Whenever I had a question, I was made to feel like it was a huge inconvenience! I understand hotel staff are busy, but they are in the hospitality industry and a smile and helpful attitude goes a long way. Also, the hotel needs to straighten out rates when it comes to including breakfast coupons. $109/night with no breakfast or $119/night with a coupon for 2 breakfasts was what we were quoted upon check-in. But the weekend staff insisted that was not the case and were very impolite when I asked for the $119 rate and coupons on Sunday morning. Tried to charge us $10 each for breakfast which we felt, for a family of four, was ridiculous. $40 for a small buffet breakfast??! Too expensive.
The rooms were clean and pleasant, air conditioning wasn't great as the room was also hot.
Overall, except for the poor experience when dealing with the staff, nice hotel but may think twice about staying there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank M D
Richmond, Canada
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The hotel staff were courteous & friendly - we stayed the night before my daughter's wedding and they were extremely helpful in providing us with extra things we needed in preparation to getting ready. We also stayed the night of wedding and had a lot of family & friends stay too - the rooms were clean, comfy and although we were a bit noisy they did not complain.
Very happy we choose this hotel!

Room Tip: All the rooms were nice - the corporate room has a nice king bed and big tub!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank M L
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

We wanted to have two rooms with a king bed in each and beside or on the same floor of each other. We were staying there a night we had a concert to go to. Well when we arrived we were greeted by one of the only nice staff member we checked in and excited to get to our rooms and start getting ready well as we opened our doors we were suppised to see that our room was a two double bed both rooms were so we were a Little confused went downstairs and tired working out what happend and i was smart and taking a picture of my confirmation number and what it said I wanted a king bed well they really didn't say much one of the guys he was so rude we just wanted our rooms on the same floor and they messed up our reservations as he was talking he kinda screamed ans said in a rude voice if it's a party room and getting shut down right away well sorry dude I've worked in hotels for 2 and half years I don't do that and we just needed a place to stay for the night so we don't drink and drive and it was rude that right away he just jumped to that and then he shoved the paper in my face to prove us wrong well I guess what happend was while we booked our rooms at the same time it bumped on of the Kings to a double but still I asked him I said we did book a king bed right hes like yes well if that happend someone should of called us to let us know that they no longer have kings and we had to be moved to a double bedroom but no call or email letting us know that they had to move us I think I should of got my room for free since I had evidence of my paying for a king well never go there agian fix ur staff and learn how to call ppl or else find a new job If u can't do urs right not pleased at all

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Keshia R
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The hotel was great and the staff were very helpful.
Great price and central location and good food from their restaurant.
The hotel layout is wonderful, the hotel was full, but still quiet and peaceful.
Thank you!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank W G
Exec405, General Manager at Executive Plaza Hotel Coquitlam, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time and writing a review on your recent visit.
I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay and also enjoyed the restaurant.
I have shared your comments with the team and they all appreciate it very much
Once again thank you for your patronage and I look forward to welcome you back in near future.

Kind regards,

Pasha Sheikh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coquitlam
Best Western Chelsea Inn
Inn at the Quay
#1 of 3 in New Westminster
Poco Inn & Suites Hotel
#1 of 1 in Port Coquitlam

Been to Executive Plaza Hotel Coquitlam? Share your experiences!