“Nice place to get away.”

Executive Plaza Hotel Coquitlam
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Coquitlam
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We were treated very nice when we checked in and when we ordered room service at 12:30 in the morning. The staff for Dinner and Breakfast were great. The place is very clean and very big and inviting all the same. We had a wonderful stay and love the coffee in the room and the complementary Buffet breakfast and the 15% discount on Dinner and the $10 worth of Chips for the casino. It was a great stay.
We will be back. :)

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner suite, it was large and very sunny. The AC was not noisy, but it was nice to b...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 August 2014

The room was fine; I had a separate sitting room with French doors to the bedroom. However, there was no dining info in the room and in the elevators all still referred to the previous restaurant. A new one called "The Wild Fig" had been open a week. When I finally twigged that there was a restaurant there, and not just a lounge, it was the last night of my stay. It was friendly and the food was tasty; I wish I'd known.

The housekeeping was minimal; I used a glass and a bowl that were there by the microwave on the first night, and they still weren't washed and put away when I checked out four days later.

Overall, it was ok, but I would likely stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2014

When we couldn't find a room downtown Vancouver for a summer weekend, we ended up choosing the Executive Plaza in Coquitlam. This ended up being a perfect, more affordable choice! The skytrain and public transport to downtown are nearby, there are plenty of restaurants and shops within easy walking distance of the hotel and it was comfortable and clean. The hotel staff was all very helpful and friendly. In fact, I asked if we could upgrade to a suite since we were traveling with a toddler and they upgraded us for free and included a free breakfast! We will definitely consider this hotel for future trips to Vancouver!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kelly V
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My son and I stayed at this hotel on August 9, 2014 as we were in town for a concert. Only two blocks to the skytrain so it was a straight trip to Rogers arena. The hotel itself was immaculate. We had a queen suite and there was a brand new sofa bed for my son. The continental breakfast was actually a buffet, with eggs benny, sausage hash browns hot and cold cere4als fresh and dried fruit, several juices etc. The service at the desk was friendly, polite and professional..We arrived early from the airport and they put a rush on our room to get us in early. This will be my 'go to' hotel in the future for trips to Vancouver.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Usually I can count on Trip Advisor reviewers to steer me to a good hotel but boy was I dissappointed when we checked in here yesterday.

The only positives were that it was a good location for attending a concert at the hard rock casino, the beds were clean and comfortable and the one person at check in was very pleasant.

The negatives...

The building is tired as I said. Everything is a bit faded and warn. The carpets in the hallways looked like they had never been vacuumed to the edges. The cabinets, air.conditioner, baseboards doors and door frames were banged and bruised.

The room was dusty and the tv screen was sticky and streaked. We were grateful we didn't plan to spend much time here.

Other issues were that the staff seemed to lack knowledge about critical elements of the package we had booked through them including shuttle times and how to obtain our bonus at the casino.

Finally and I think the worst part of the experience was the attitude of the one man working the front desk that appeared to be the weekend day manager.

When we arrived he was engaged in an arguement on the phone in which he was being very rude. He proceeded to be rude to staff and very abrupt to guests.

Cannot recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My family and I came to Vancouver for 3 days, I picked this hotel since it was close to the skytrain, so we could walk the 2 blocks instead of fighting with traffic and downtown parking.

The first night was a little rough since we were above a wedding taking place a floor below us. They would have moved us if they had, had room. After that night things were quiet and I found the staff nice and helpful.

One of the staff members even gave my son some ice cream after he had lost 2 of his teeth, she didn't even charge me. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on the 4th floor or higher.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jennifer G
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel 6-7-2014. The room was clean,the breakfast was good.The experience we had was disappointing.We got a room with a jacuzzi tub,thinking we would have a romantic time.The tub did not work,the drain was broken,so even if we wanted to take a bath,we could not have plugged the Up.The jacuzzi jets did not work at all. When we told the staff in the morning they did not seem to care.We had had to pay extra for this type of tub and got no offer of a discount of our room,due to broken tub or any offer to give us,a reduced rate for a future stay.
Also, upon check in neither of our keys worked,had to make several trips to the lobby to get into our room on the 8th floor.There was no elevator in the parking structure,so one had to haul the luggage up flight of stairs to get into hotel itself.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Irene H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coquitlam
Best Western Chelsea Inn
Poco Inn & Suites Hotel
#1 of 1 in Port Coquitlam
Inn at the Quay
#1 of 3 in New Westminster

Been to Executive Plaza Hotel Coquitlam? Share your experiences!