“Good Steak”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Coquitlam
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Coquitlam is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 325 Restaurants in Coquitlam
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Canadian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My wife and I go about once a month to the keg. We like to set in the bar area. For best value, I have the Keg Classic. Prime Rib or a New York Steak. It come with a Caesar salad which I share. My wife like the Teriyaki Chicken Dinner.

2  Thank Stanley F

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We dine at the Keg periodically with and without our two school age children (ages 9 & 12). It's family friendly, though you don't see many younger children - there is a children's menu. The food is never a disappointment, the service is always great - wait staff are friendly, and helpful with recommendations, and the restaurant has a very relaxed atmosphere - though a bit dark. Would certainly recommend dinner here for anyone looking for a honking piece of prime rib, or a good steak. Only complaint about the Keg is - they don't take reservations, so if you don't arrive before 6:30 pm on the weekend, you are sure to have a wait of anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour easily.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

What can I say...The Keg is my 'go-to' restaurant for special occasions. The food is always fresh and the service staff are always friendly and inviting. I've even assisted in arranging a staff party for over 60 people and they were very accommodating.

I would highly recommend The Keg.

1  Thank Andy S
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Friendly and attentive staff, great food, very nice atmosphere. The Keg has it all. The menu is amazing with lots of choices. Regular upgrades to the menu while keeping all our Keg favorites. Wonderful place for a meal.

1  Thank Gerry L
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The Keg is one of my all time favorite places to eat and honestly we go all the time and it is always good. They have a great wine list and amazing food I will list some of the things that I love:

The Baked Garlic Shrimp is sublime
The flat bread is so tasty with its sweet gooey Balsamic reduction
My all time favorite Steak is the Prime Rib it is cooked to perfection and delicious
When the Prime Rib runs out the Rib steak is a great second option
As for the sides the twice baked potatoes is super yummy as is the sautéed mushrooms or asparagus.
For a special occasion the crab legs as a side are always good.
For Desert the Billy Miner Pie is chocolate ice-cream heaven
Also the Apple Pie is almost as good as Grandmas

I only have two small complaints one is that they changed there bread from this delicious sourdough to a bread that is absolutely not as good also the Au jus that they serve with the Prime Rib has changed to some kind of gross gravy hopefully they will soon come to their senses and bring back the classics.

We love the Keg and are so happy that we have one so close to home cause it is always Amazing