“good party room upstairs”
Review of Milestones

Milestones
Ranked #23 of 311 Restaurants in Coquitlam
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Whether you come for a favourite meal or love trying new and trendy dishes, Milestones is all about great food without the pretension. Serving lunch, dinner and weekend brunch, there's something for everyone. Make sure to try our signature drink, the Original Bellini when you stop by.
Coquitlam, Canada
“good party room upstairs”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

we had a fairly large party here - upstairs so a little private - service was excellent and the food was correct and hot and the drinks were good - there are lots of bathrooms upstairs as well and there is an elevator for those that want that

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Robin K

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Canada
“Horrible”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I've been going to Milestones since they opened in Kits. The Coquitlam one has become horrible. No pale or amber ales. What restaurant these days tells you they mostly have light beers because it is summer. They screwed up my order and the manager did nothing about it. Even after I told him I would never return. Menu has changed and not great. Will never go to this restaurant again!!

• Visited July 2014
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
“Just so-so”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We went for dinner and ordered the same items that we usually order at the Cactus Club across town. Specifically, started with bellinis (too sweet, and tasted weak), then had calamari (just OK), yam fries (limp, with overly spicy dip), deep fried shrimp (dip was again too spicy) and sweet thai chili chicken bites (warm but not hot, tasted good). Service was a tad slow. Nothing was awful, but compared to quality and service at CC, nothing to recommend. On the plus side, it wasn't busy and they didn't have the loud music you find at CC, so it was easy to hold a conversation.

• Visited June 2014
Kitimat, Canada
“Party of 9. Food was average service was also weak the night we went”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We had a party of 9 last week. We ordered a bunch of appies which were pretty good. The service was slow and our main courses were just average. Portions are not really good

Visited June 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“The Coquitlam branch is not my favorite Milestones location...”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I ate here recently because I had a gift card. The restaurant itself wasn't overly busy, when we arrived. We were seated, after waiting a couple minutes. Not sure why there was a wait to begin with, as the restaurant was half empty, but it wasn't a big deal. I would hope they are more efficient when they are busier.

I ordered the harissa chicken, which sounded very interesting by the description of it on the menu. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to my expectations, as it had a bitterness/tartness due to the spices used. It needed some sweetness to help balance the flavor better. The kitchen forgot to drizzle yogurt on my dish. I let the manager know and he apologized and brought some in a small dish for me. I think some honey blended into the yogurt would have helped balance the dish, but the yogurt was just as tart - so this was a missed opportunity. The one thing I will say, was the chicken was cooked perfectly, the ingredients used tasted fresh and it was very filling. I do not see this Milestones menu item sticking around for long, so if you'd like to try it, don't wait too long.

We also ordered a spicy peanut sauce chicken bite appetizer. The peanut sauce was spicy, as we were warned, but it was too sweet for me. We chose this based on the recommendation of our server, since she described the Thai chili sauce version as being much sweeter. Oh, well. Perfectly edible, just not as enjoyable as I had hoped.

I ordered a blue grand margarita and it was the best part of my dining experience here. It was strong and well made. I would order this again in the future. I asked my server to bring me another one with my meal, but she forgot to do so. It wasn't a big deal, as it slipped my mind until midway through my meal, anyway. I could have reminded her, but I didn't really feel like it at this point.

We decided to order the chocolate cake for desert. I was disappointed with this, most of all. It didn't taste fresh. I didn't like how it was heated. My ice cream had almost melted, as a result of being placed on top of it. The outer crusts of the chocolate cake was slightly tough and chewy. For the price of $8, I was let down with this desert and would never order it again.

Our server was good, not great. Well versed, but missing that special spark that helps to create connections. At the end of the meal, we still left her a 15% tip. I understand that mistakes can happen. I was disappointed that they forgot to drizzle yogurt on my chicken. I was also disappointed that my drink order was forgotten, but these two things are very much forgivable.

I remember on my last visit to the Coquitlam Milestones, they forgot to put candied pecans on my Spring Salad. Again, these are minor things. People forget, but this is the second time something like this has happened at this location and for this reason, I am hesitant to return again. I still enjoy some of Milestones other menu items and will return to their Vancouver restaurant in the future, but something is lacking at their Coquitlam branch that I can't quite put my finger on. Maybe this branch has higher turn over compared to other locations? Even so, kitchen staff should be trained to be more diligent and detail oriented when preparing dishes.

Overall, I was somewhat disappointed with this visit. If you disregard my thoughts about the desert, my meal and drink was actually pretty good. The food overall at Milestones has always pleased me - even if occasionally I've ordered something I didn't care for, I do feel like the quality of ingredients and presentation is very good. Service was average on this particular visit, but hey, it happens from time to time.. I just hope my comments are reviewed by a member of the management team, so that you can work on some of the areas I have brought to your attention. Several Milestones locations in the GVRD have closed their doors in the past few years. The Burnaby and Richmond locations have both shut down. So let's hope that the Coquitlam branch can get it's act together sooner rather than later.

• Visited June 2014