“Really?”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pinetree Way
Transit: Conveniently located near Coquitlam station.
Description: Chada Thai fine cuisine has consistently been rated as the best Thai restaurant in the Lower Mainland. The cuisine is authentic and superb while the atmosphere transports to the exotic Land of Smiles. Let Spices Guide Your Senses! Chada Thai prides itself in using the freshest ingredients, many locally grown, and appeals to a variety of customers who are searching for an authentic Thai dining experience. Its unique and extensive menu has been created by a Chef with many years of experience in fine dining and original Thai cuisine. Whether your try the best Pad Thai you have ever tasted, regaled in the Seafood Special, or reward yourself to the unforgettable Fried Banana Ice Cream, your palate is in for a real treat. Some fusion cuisine is also present like our succulent Duck Confit Thai Style. Treat yourself to a culinary experience beyond imagination at this award-winning restaurant. We are conveniently located in the Pinetree Village Centre in Coquitlam with ample parking.
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Tried to phone twice to make a reso and could not get through. We left a message and went there anyway only to be turned away because they would not accept the groupon. There were a couple of empty tables there and I think it would have been fine if we sat down and ate.

Was really disappointed as my mom is visiting from out of town. I don't think the restaurant would have anyone in there if the groupon wasn't expiring. This was lunch time! I was fine not eating there because it was as hot as it was outside anyway.

1  Thank ponywal
MichaelFavereMarches, General Manager at Chada Thai Fine Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

The Groupon specifically states "subject to availability". Groupon agreed to this condition because we needed to keep some table opened for non-Groupon walk-in customers. Hence, we had a certain number of tables set aside for Groupons and others set aside for non-Groupon walk-in customers. The Groupon is redeemable for 6 months from the date of purchase, but by waiting until close to the expiry dates to redeem a Groupon, a customer runs the risk of not having available Groupon tables since the demand for Groupon tables always surges a few days prior to the expiry date.
However, we continue to honor the Groupon for the amount paid by the customer (C$20), since Groupons never expire. If a customer does not want to use the $20 value, Groupon will always refund the customer the amount paid.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

DO NOT PURCHASE A GROUPON FOR THIS PLACE. It's a scam and they will not honor it, saying that they are always booked up.

I drove down there and sat in an empty restaurant and still they would not let me use the groupon.

STAY AWAY

1  Thank EasyLiving61

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I tried a couple of different times to make a reservation, as it said on the Groupon, only to be told they couldn't take us as they could only take so many Groupons per day. We finally decided to go for lunch instead of dinner and made our reservation at 11am when they open so they couldn't use that excuse any more. After our lunch I ordered the "seasonal" mango dessert but they didn't have it. I then ordered the Coconut Brule, but they didn't have that either. So that was disappointing. Overall we enjoyed the food. It was tasty. Probably will end up going back. But I won't be buying any more Groupons for this place. They make it extremely difficult to use and it was very frustrating.

1  Thank Janice B

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I went for dinner tonight only disappointed to find out that they do not accept groupon coupons for the day. They had limited reservations for groupon. I went to the restaurant a week ago, called be fire to make reservation but was told by a waitress over the phone that I do not have to make a reservation. This time round I did not called in as told previously that I dont have to. Ithe waiter came up to me and asked if I have groupon coupon and told me that they cannot accept any more reservation for groupon.This communication breakdown is not my problem . I told him no problem and paid the meal full price. Service was very poor. I had two tables who came after me and I was being ignored and they took their order before me. I waited for almost half hour before my order was taken. Very limited space in the restaurant .I had two more groupon coupons and will be calling groupon tomorrow to demand for my money back .
Do I need this treatment from Chada Thai ??? The very first time I went , I ordered the mango with sweet sticky rice. The chef was cunning enough to serve me this piece of mango( part of it was black almost going bad) with the sticky rice, he turned the slice of mango the other way around so the good portion faces me. While I was eating I turned the mango and was surprised to find that part of it was black . Food might be good but service is bad , most likely not returning. There's another authentic Thai restaurant on st John street called Little Thailand, food just as good or better.

1  Thank Lin K

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My friend who lives in Bangkok suggested this attractive restaurant on his visit. We lunched in the garden on a sunny afternoon. It's in a great location with just a 5 minute walk to the beach,

The three of us were delighted by the food and the service. We had a variety of dishes and appetizers and everything was well presented and delicious. The staff are friendly and helpful.

I will certainly revisit. Nick Mitchell