“Not as good as other Joeys”
Review of JOEY Coquitlam

JOEY Coquitlam
Ranked #3 of 311 Restaurants in Coquitlam
Price range: US$7 - US$22
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, Grill
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Secluded hide-out of a patio elevated lounge, one intimate fireside dining room and another sociable one. Semi-open kitchen and a good time had by all.
Nanaimo, Canada
“Not as good as other Joeys”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Because I've had a great experience at Joey Burrard, and Joey Broadway, I was excited that there was a Joey close to our hotel in Coquitlam. I dragged friends and family there only to be disappointed. When we arrived, we asked for the patio, and were told there wasn't space, but the whole time we were there, we saw a table that would have accommodated us stay empty. I ordered The Beach Salad, that I enjoyed so much at Joey Broadway, and it was way smaller and mostly lettuce. Everyone I was with had something they didn't love about their meal. I felt horrible that I had recommended this restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank ISLANDIZZY64

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Denver, Colorado
“Great Restaurant, recommended”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Enjoyed a nice dinner here. This place is VERY popular, so if you can, make reservations. Food is good, it is a little pricey.

• Visited June 2014
Vancouver, BC, Canada
“Really delicious food, nice atmosphere and great service”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We came here on a sunny and warm Mother's Day evening. Before we even came here I looked on their website how one can make a reservation with them. It states that for parties under 5 people you have to go on their wait list. I found this rather odd and not very accommodating. We have a toddler too and this made it harder for me to book.

However, when I called the restaurant and asked if I can make a reservation for 3 adults and one toddler, I was told, 'sure!' This left me rather confused to say the least, though I gladly took the reservation. I was pretty sure in light of what it says on their website and being a busy day for restaurants (what with it being Mother's Day); I was not going to get a booking, even when I called too.

I am so glad we were able to get a booking as the place got very busy soon after we came for an early dinner. Upon making the reservation I was sure to ask if they have high chairs, and they do. I would not say this place is the best place for families with young children. It definitely attracts a hip kind of crowd. In light of this I kind of thought it would not provide kids/toddlers with items like crayons, drawing paper or other 'things' to keep them occupied and I was right. They do not offer a kid's menu too, but this place does not really market for that kind of crowd and that is fine with me.

We had appetizers, mains and desserts and all of us said the food (some of it pretty pricey) was quite divine and we loved their menu. We were fortunate to sit outside on their lovely patio.

The staff we encountered here were extremely pleasant, polite and efficient. Food came quickly and was nice & fresh. However, on a couple of occasions staff came back to us to say they do not have items on their menu that we wanted. I was even told, 'we will go and buy some from somewhere and have it ready for you in 20-30 minutes.’ That time nearly elapsed and the near the end of that I said will cancel what I ordered. They apologized and that item did not appear on our bill.

• Visited May 2014
Coquitlam, Canada
“Delicious dining.”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great food, great drinks and a great atmosphere every time! Casual or dressy, your choice. Nice patio when it's open in the summer!

• Visited April 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Not a fan of new menu”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and I used to love this place for a few years but unfortunately the menu has been changed the last couple years and the only thing that's left to order is the wings and lettuce wrap. All chicken burgers and sandwiches have gross skin in them and even if they take the skin off the chicken is processed to oblivion take my word it's nasty. Can't say enough of the good chicks that work there although seldom they last more than a couple months. Miss the old Joey

1 Thank Daniel A