“Disappointed”

Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Cheap Eats
Toronto
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We tried Tangerine for dinner last week based on the great reviews and we left disappointed. Maybe we didn't try the right dishes but we went with 2 dishes that the waiter recommended...Bombay Chicken and House Special Hakka noodles. The chicken while nicely spiced was dry and overcooked. The hakka noodles was seasoned nicely but was nothing special. I wasn't even sure what type of noodles they used because they looked and tasted like spaghetti noodles.

We had a beer and a glass of red wine with our meal. Waiter said the wine was dry but I found it sweet. Beer was warm and needed ice cubes. No return visit for us.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank GusToronto

Toronto, Canada
“Food is good”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We found the food here OK, though the service was great. We found it less crowded than its competitor Frederck's. Overall, an average place for Indian Chinese.

Visited January 2014
“Indian Chinese ”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

This is by far the cleanest Hakka food you will find in Town.

When I say clean I mean it from all aspects. The actual restaurant & the food is clean.

Prior to visiting this restaurant I was used to a sloppy greasy style of food dropped onto a plate. This restaurant has taken the general stereotype of Hakka food away.

The staff along with management are extremely warm and helpful.

The food portions are perfect for sharing at very competitive pricing. They also have a large great bang for your buck lunch menu.

Once you try this food no other Hakka will do!!

2 Thank Devin80
“Superb service”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This area has a number of Hakka places; the service here, though, sets it apart. I've dined in and taken out - both times, i was catered to well and received my order promptly. I'm not your best source on Hakka. But, i can confidently say you will not be disappointed here.

• Visited March 2014
Toronto
“Great Food”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Hakka is not a cuisine that is easy to describe - the best way is to say it is a fusion between Chinese and Indian food. The Tangerine is probably my favourite restaurant. The food is great and the portions are enormous. I have always found service excellent - I was surprised to see other reviewers got bad service.
We often ask for advice about dishes we have yet to try and they have always been objective - telling us sometimes that they would not recommend a dish!
Only drawback is that they accept reservations but you still have wait if they are busy.

• Visited December 2013