“Amazing Breakfast, great room”

Staybridge Suites Toronto
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Markham
Chatham
“Amazing Breakfast, great room”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Our stay didn't start off so great, tried to check in at 2pm because we had other things that we needed to do and didn't want our room given away. We were told that our room wouldn't be ready til after 3pm. We didn't stick around. Checked in after dinner no problem. Walking down the stairs I was shocked at how many spiders were all over the place. Smeared on the walls, crawling all over the place.
Luckily the room was amazing we were able to put the kids to bed in the bedroom and sit and watch TV in the living room. Breakfast was so delicious I wanted to stay and eat all day :)
We would stay there anyday as long as the spider problem got fixed.
Some what difficult to get to we mapquested it and it told us to turn into what we thought was a parkade, turns out it goes all the way through to the road the hotel in on

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mama_2_a_b

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We had 3 nights here, staying as a family of 4 with 2 older teen kids.
The 2 bedroom suite was awesome, the kids even had their own double bed each!
Staff were always polite and helpful.
The breakfast room was a bit compact but the food was always excellent.
The location was fine, although Markham itself is more business than family-friendly.
Access to major routes was easy so it was fine for us (visiting family in Scarborough).
Decor is a wee bit dated (very brown!) but everything works and it's very clean.
Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: There was some construction happening next door so ask not to be in a room facing there.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Diana R, Manager at Staybridge Suites Toronto, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review! We are pleased to announce that we will be starting our full hotel renovations starting May 22nd! We look forward to welcoming you back to our newly renovated hotel soon.
Ottawa
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Check in was quick, we arrived around 10 pm after a five hour drive. We were happy with the efficient front desk, until we arrived in our room. Greeting me was a letter addressed to another guest welcoming me to the hotel..dated three days before. After the long drive, a trip to bathroom was in order, yet the flourescent light wouldn't turn on. As the final straw, the toilet backed up after I flushed it, (number 1, not a lot of tp). I called down to the desk, and was told that because maintaince was gone for the evening, she would bring me up a plunger. I was expected to plunge my own toliet? I think a change of room might have been a better idea. I am not overly particular, but expect decent service. Three stikes in the first five minutes of my arrival are tough to overcome. The next morning, as I sat on the couch, I noticed a foul-sour smell. I avoided the couch for the rest of my visit. There was a card in the room urging guests to notify the desk of any concerns and they promised to "make it right. I tried, didn't happen. Even when I mentioned it again at check out, there was a half heated, "oh, we're sorry" but that was all. I told them I won't return, and that I would post my experience here..I kept my promise.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Highvoltagewife
Diana R, Manager at Staybridge Suites Toronto, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
We do appreciate you taking the time to review and post your comments, however I am disappointed with the many service issues you have stated. I do apologize for your dissatisfaction and have spoken with each department to better serve our guests. Thank you again for your honesty, and I do hope you will reconsider a visit to our property in the future.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I recently stayed at the Staybridge for four nights. The hotel was difficult to find at first but it's actually located not badly. My suite was clean, well equipped and well maintained. Very quiet and peaceful and good quality bedding. The morning breakfast and the mid-week light dinners are both good and appreciated by myself, having saved me the trouble of finding dinner on two nights. Breakfast selections are good, light dinner selection is limited but still ok.

I would definitely stay at Staybridge Markham again if in the area and I would recommend it to anyone needing a good place to stay in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Gutch2
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review! We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.
STONEY CREEK
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Stayed at the Staybridge suites Markham for 3 nights for business. The hotel was clean and my room was excellent. I was on my own and did not feel in any way unsafe. Hotel called after I checked in to make sure I was OK and everything was alright. At night the hotel provided small snacks which was enough for my dinner so didn't need to go out and get anything. Breakfast was also provided and was more than enough. I did have a small kitchette which I used for warming up and making coffee. There is also a small store in the lobby which was convenient.

I will stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a King suite--in front of building was able to see car from hotel room window
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank firstimer58
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 25 January 2012

The housekeeper kept the door of my room opened for 5 hours after they finished their cleaning service and FORGOT to close it while we were out!!!!!! It was only discovered when we returned to the hotel. Yet, the management didn't have the intention to resolve this issue and only claimed that "mistakes can happen, and thank you for bringing this to their attention!" & "they do understand that if the guest feels there is no discourse other than to leave" for a story ending!!! This is ridiculous enough!
This is the Major terrible experience among the Many below-standard treatment/service.....
Only the Frontdesk people are pleasant and sensable!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank T C
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Great location. HVAC in room was very, very noisy, and I couldn't turn it off. 7/10

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business